Circuit Leavers and Joiners 2018

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
The Baron

Circuit Leavers and Joiners 2018

Post by The Baron »

I've seen just this week that Comanche's Spitfire V EP122 has moved to Duxford possibly to be dismantled and shipped Stateside, and that ARCo have now put their DHC Beaver up for sale.

Coupled with the former Hangar 11 Hurricane going to Hawker Restorations, and Ferocious Frankie going to Turkey I thought it might be a good idea to have a dedicated thread for all movements on the display circuit.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

hmeasures

Re: Circuit Leavers and Joiners 2018

Post by hmeasures »

Of those listed, EP122 (if it goes) displayed in her proper colours once(?) and Frankie has practically sat in a hangar for the last couple of years, so they're not really losses airshow circuit as such.

I wonder if this year may see the return of AR501, along with the debut of the Camel at Old Warden. On the subject of MkV's, EE602 has changed hands so that should hopefully mean we see that a bit more, which would be nice! One the Sea Fury front, WG655 seems back on the way to flying and the RNHF T.20 should be back on the circuit, too. ARCO's acquisition of PT462 will hopefully mean we see that a bit more (if not shows, flying every weekend out of Dux!). HAC have the DH-9 sat at Duxford looking fantastic and threatening to fly. Pegs may have disappeared to Hawker Restorations but hopefully Hurricane 501 should be emerging from their workshop at some point in the not too distant, so plenty to look forward to this year (or next, looking at you AR501 :lol: ).

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

This year should also see the welcome return of the Hunter to the display circuit i believe at least 1 is scheduled to fly possiblity 2 from what I have read. Also Miss Velma is also due to return a some point following repairs.
Thomas

centaurus18

Post by centaurus18 »

RNHF Swordfish will be back, and hopefully all being well....

"Scramble the SAR, scramble the SAR!"

....Wessex V!
Mark
'We’re in the stickiest situation, since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

centaurus18 wrote:RNHF Swordfish will be back, and hopefully all being well....

....Wessex V!

That's the one from Crewkerne, right? Owned by the same person that owns the Whirlwind?

Seriously can't wait for that. :love:

Not really a leaver or a joiner, but I suppose it fits in here as a "development" - Spitfire TE311, after spending most of last season in black primer, will finally get its fresh lick of paint in the next couple of weeks:

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/BBMF.Official/posts/1550877454967262[/fb-post]

Cole

Post by Cole »

centaurus18 wrote:RNHF Swordfish will be back, and hopefully all being well....

....Wessex V!

I thought that was years away yet?
Canon 800D & Sigma 150-600 C
Dudley, West Midlands

Shows I'm Attending in 2020:

Well Um..