RN Merlins on Dartmoor

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
sam-whitfield

RN Merlins on Dartmoor

Post by sam-whitfield »

Haven't posted on here much lately which i kick myself for sometimes but will try and start posting more along with hundreds of other platforms haha.

Anyway heres a couple of the Royal Navy Merlins operating on Dartmoor.

ImageDSC_1515 by Sam Whitfield, on Flickr

ImageDSC_1688 by Sam Whitfield, on Flickr

ImageDSC_1579 by Sam Whitfield, on Flickr

boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: RN Merlins on Dartmoor

Post by boff180 »

Have to be honest and say I don't think these shots work.

In particular the second shot, I understand you're trying to concentrate on the cockpit but the composition is completely off, the eye is drawn to the cut off rotor hub, tail rotor, nose wheel and decoy dispenser.

That second shot would have been great if the rules of thirds had been followed placing the cockpit on the left hand third line and backing off the crop a little as to not cut off the wheel. Especially as a good chunk of the shots is hidden by the over-obtrusive banner at the base.

Just a few bit of constructive criticism of a nice subject :-)

Andy

sam-whitfield

Re: RN Merlins on Dartmoor

Post by sam-whitfield »

Thanks for being so honest. Sometimes it good to get some criticism so no offence taken and all notes taken for future reference. I guess everyone has there own opinion and i respect that.

boff180 wrote:Have to be honest and say I don't think these shots work.

In particular the second shot, I understand you're trying to concentrate on the cockpit but the composition is completely off, the eye is drawn to the cut off rotor hub, tail rotor, nose wheel and decoy dispenser.

That second shot would have been great if the rules of thirds had been followed placing the cockpit on the left hand third line and backing off the crop a little as to not cut off the wheel. Especially as a good chunk of the shots is hidden by the over-obtrusive banner at the base.

Just a few bit of constructive criticism of a nice subject :-)

Andy