good handheld video camera ??:

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
craig.mason

good handheld video camera ??:

Post by craig.mason »

I am after a good video camera for use at airshows can i ask whats a good one to get
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

phantom6

Re: good handheld video camera ??:

Post by phantom6 »

Hi mate it depends on what you want to spend etc most of the camcorders out there do a good job

xr221

Post by xr221 »

craig.mason wrote:I am after a good video camera for use at airshows can i ask whats a good one to get

Craig - I've been using the Sony FDR-AX53 for the past year and the AXP-33 for the year before that. The AX-53 is better than the AXP-33 as it has better optical zoom and better image stabilisation, although I have found both to be very good cameras. If you want to know what sort of results you can get take a look at my YouTube channel here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB1nbU ... MsReprAmDQ - all of the footage you see has been shot hand held.

Let me know if you have any questions about either?

Steve.

BitGid

Post by BitGid »

I can recommend the WX series of Sony Compact cameras. Sony are doing great with video at the moment and the WX series should give you as good a quality as your phone, whilst benefiting you with optical zoom in a small package.

I have a Sony WX200 and the HD video quality is great, quite sharp. Check out videos of the WX200, WX220, WX350 and WX500 on youtube or vimeo to see the quality.