One cold morning in Dublin

Photos of commercial airliners
Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

One cold morning in Dublin

Post by Ledhead27 »

Been quite a while since I've posted on here again, but it's been quite a busy few months whilst I've been completing my Multi-Engine Piston rating and Instrument Rating in Bournemouth. However the last stage of my training meant journeying to Dublin, specifically Simtech, for 10 days in early February to complete my MCC/JOC course. With the hotel we were staying in only being a couple of miles away this naturally meant time for some spotting!

#1 This was the view from the apartment we had in the hotel, whilst being slightly too far away for quality photos it didn't stop a bit of number crunching and more "arty" photos.

ImageAir Canada Airbus A330-343X C-GFAH by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

#2 Aer Lingus Regional's newest airframe, EI-GEV, had only been in service one day prior to this photo!

ImageAer Lingus Regional ATR 42-600 EI-GEV by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

#3 First time seeing a C Series 300, have to say it's one of the most attractive looking new aircraft out there.

ImageSwiss International Air Lines Bombardier C Series 300 HB-JCE by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

#4 From one of newest aircraft that day to one of the oldest. This particular -300 is 29 years old

ImageBlue Air Boeing 737-322 YR-BAF by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageTransavia Boeing 737-8K2(W) PH-HZE by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

#6 Sadly I didn't get to see the Six Nations whilst I was in Dublin, so the Aer Lingus rugby specials and the CityJet "Leinster Rugby" special had to suffice

ImageCityJet Avro RJ85 EI-RJX by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

#7 Biggest movement of the day, and somewhat of a novelty seeing an Emirates 777 service rather than an A380

ImageEmirates Boeing 777-36NER A6-EBJ by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

#8 Was holding out for an Etihad A330-200 in the new scheme but was sadly unlucky. Even more annoying was that the Manchester City special arrived a few days before!

ImageEtihad Airways Airbus A330-243 A6-EYN by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

#9 A good smattering of bizjets frequented Dublin during my stay, although these three were the best looking in my opinion. The G650 might actually be based at Dublin?

ImageExxaero Dassault Falcon 900EX PH-LAU by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageNetJets Europe Bombardier Challenger 350 CS-CHE by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

ImageExecuJet UK Gulfstream Aerospace G650ER M-YSIX by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

#12 At the the top of the list for scheduled movements by the home team was to grab their 757s...

ImageAer Lingus Boeing 757-2Q8(W) EI-LBS by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

#13 ...although the A330-300s didn't look half bad either

ImageAer Lingus Airbus A330-302 EI-GAJ by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

#14 Most striking scheme of the day went to WOW Air

ImageWOW Air Airbus A321-211(SL) TF-DAD by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

#15 The A320neo really doesn't look in proportion with these huuuuuuge PW1100G turbofans

ImageLufthansa Airbus A320-271N(SL) D-AINH by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr

#16 Finally, it wouldn't be a trip to Ireland without seeing everyone's favourite low-cost carrier

ImageRyanair Boeing 737-8AS(W) EI-EFY by ledwooddaniel, on Flickr
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes