boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: Pimms or Cotswold enclosure

Post by boff180 »

The Baron wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:
If the XH558 supporting brigade got wind of it, it'd be a lot more than 51.89%

55.8%?
Honestly this is getting ridiculous. What has a menu for an airshow got to do with politics?

More generally, unless you’re actually using these enclosures who gives a hoot what the Menu is?

They (DBH,) as with every other Airshow organiser in the country, will have taken on board feedback of the enclosures users when forming this years plans - just like they do with FRIAT - I’m sure the menu would also be designed based on that feedback. Not on the views of those that have no (financial) interest in the enclosure.

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

This is all very confusing! I was hoping this thread might help with some market research for a new cafe in the Cotswolds I'm thinking of opening, but now I'm torn between opening the Lebanese Larder or the Xenophobes Sausage Club.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Paul_Reflex wrote:This is all very confusing! I was hoping this thread might help with some market research for a new cafe in the Cotswolds I'm thinking of opening, but now I'm torn between opening the Lebanese Larder or the Xenophobes Sausage Club.

The former gives some kind of image of a partly blown up Fiat 128 covered in dust. I'd go with the latter and open it in conjunction with a B&B, I'm sure you'll get all kinds of misinterpretations from over religious zealots as to what might be being served up? :kiss: :cuppa:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Paul_Reflex wrote:... the Xenophobes Sausage Club.

One of Peter Stringfellow's much less successful business ventures.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

boff180 wrote:More generally, unless you’re actually using these enclosures who gives a hoot what the Menu is?

Those who are considering using the enclosures.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

CJS

Post by CJS »

Those with way to much time on their hands?
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Brevet Cable wrote:Those who are considering using the enclosures.

Yeah, I don't think you need to worry about that.

The enclosures (nearly) always sell out in advance. DBH know their audience and the people using the enclosures know what they're getting - they couldn't care about the discussion over the menu on here.

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

pbeardmore wrote:Branding is all about consistancy. To choose to call the enclosure "Cotswold" and then have a Persian themed menu is just silly. Like having a Persian Bizarre experience and serving bangers and mash

I think you mean "bazaar".

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Flare Path wrote:Yeah, I don't think you need to worry about that

Why?
Or is my repeated comment that I was considering buying CE tickets too difficult to understand?

The enclosures (nearly) always sell out in advance. DBH know their audience and the people using the enclosures know what they're getting - they couldn't care about the discussion over the menu on here.

The CE didn't last year, hence why they spent lots of time trying to flog the tickets during the show....don't think it sold out over a number of years.
Lots of people buy their tickets before the details are released, some don't care what's on the menu, others do -- as for DBH 'knowing their audience'....looking back over previous years would illustrate that they don't.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

2e1var

Post by 2e1var »

We do the Pimms most years, great for landing and take off shots, if you pick your moment you can minimise back ground clutter. You still get a very good view of the show, we do a day in the viewing village too and there's not much in it up in the air.
Love the food and comfy chairs.
£15 for a jug of Pimms though !!!! I assumed this meant I could keep the jug, so I did :)
UBC-15X, 800XLT, 3500XLT, VT-225, Pro-2006, Pro-2042, IC-7300, IC-7100, Airspy R2
Sony a58, Sony 70-300G