NATO Tiger Meet 2018

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: NATO Tiger Meet 2018

Post by boff180 »

Haven’t received anything yet

st24

Post by st24 »

cg_341 wrote:Ticket arrived.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am contacting you regarding your purchase of the spotters ticket for the NATO Tiger Meet Spotter Day (18 May 2018) and the Poznań Air Show (19-20 May 2018 Poznań-Ławica).

I'm sending the ticket in the attachment. Please print it out and take it with you to the event.

Below I'm sending the NTM Spotter Day schedule:

7.00-10.00 registration of participants at the M1 car park in Poznań (Szwajcarska 14 Street), issue of identifiers and the spotterpacks
IMPORTANT! Please bring the identity document that you provided when purchasing the ticket. You will need it in the registration process.

7.00-10.00 transport to the 31st Tactical Air Base in Krzesiny

10.00-14.30 shows

14.30 transport from the 31st Tactical Air Base in Krzesiny to the M1 car park

The car park in the M1 zone is already paid as part of the purchased ticket.

Schedule of the air show: https://www.facebook.com/NTMPoland/

M1 Zone (Poznań, Szwajcarska 14 Street): https://bit.ly/2Hzk0E4

Details concerning the Poznań Air Show:

http://www.poznanairshow.pl – we are publishing new aircrafts in the program every day.

The ID and the wristband that you receive during registration in Krzesiny will also be valid during the Poznań Air Show as an entry document.

Poznań Air Show team

So just 4 or so hours on base?? Yikes! :snack:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

So it seems, and apparently in to sun to. Still, should be a good day out - and plenty of other stuff to do whilst over there :)

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

boff180 wrote:Haven’t received anything yet

No me nether. Presume they are going out in batches?

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Still niente here either... :roll:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

A380_sully

Post by A380_sully »

cg_341 wrote:So it seems, and apparently in to sun to. Still, should be a good day out - and plenty of other stuff to do whilst over there :)

Seeing as there will not be too much base time, plus the fact I haven't yet received any tickets, can anyone recommend other things to do within the region? Looking to possibly fill a couple of days, plus hedging my bets.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

There is a concentration camp (the first set up in Poland) that’s now a memorial museum just north of the civil airport.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

@A380_sully
Poznań Air Show might be even more interesting event than NTM. On Friday 18th May there will be trainings at Ławica Airport, NATO E-3 AWACS will be based there and several aircraft from NTM will arrive to Ławica for static display. Details: http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=79216

19-20 May will be open for the audience, on Friday you can easily get to locations to the south of airport.

FlyRed

Post by FlyRed »

Coming from Canada. Still hoping to make this work.

Has anyone ever photographed outside Swidwin? Is anyone planning to go there on the 16th or 17th?

Also, are there locations outside the Poznan airport on the south side?

Thank you

FlyRed

Post by FlyRed »

Coming from Canada. Still hoping to make this work.

Has anyone ever photographed outside Swidwin? Is anyone planning to go there on the 16th or 17th?

Thank you

A380_sully

Post by A380_sully »

Spotters pack tickets have arrived in the e-mail. :yahoo:

Now to find good vantage points for Wednesday afternoon and Thursday.

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

FlyRed wrote:Also, are there locations outside the Poznan airport on the south side?

Yes, there is, if you drive past the terminal take the dirt road on your right and follow up right up to the perimeter fence :)

A380_sully

Post by A380_sully »

FlyRed wrote:Coming from Canada. Still hoping to make this work.

Thank you

I hope this might help you make your decision.

Dear Kelvin

As far as protocol issues are concerned – the base spokesman suggest that you should chose Smardzko, east of Swidwin – towards Wałcz. Exactly somewhere in vicinity of Catholic church. Do not park or stay on the first road turning left, to the fire gate of the 21 TAB, as you may be stopped by MP or security base and “deported”. There is no spotter hill unfortunately there.

The issue of flying agenda, we can not predict it in such advance. The commanders of our bases approve the flying schedule for forthcoming month around 25th day of the previous month. So you could check if they will be flying on 16/17 May (and hours of flying activity) only after 25th April.

And still there will be no 100% guarantee that they will fly due to the weather and technical conditions.

Regards from the watch

Western Branch, Department of Foreign Military Affairs,

Ministry of National Defence, Poland

Based on this we are going to travel straight to Poznan and look for different vantage points around the base.

FlyRed

Post by FlyRed »

Thank you.

Draken

Post by Draken »

There are 2 sorites planned for Friday spotters day - 1st around 10am and second around 2pm. Not sure how long they will be flying.

_H_

Post by _H_ »

Still not received my ticket yet which is slightly worrying.

Looks like we have to be off base for 14.30 so not sure how much we'll see of the second wave :(

Howard

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

_H_ wrote:Still not received my ticket yet which is slightly worrying.

Looks like we have to be off base for 14.30 so not sure how much we'll see of the second wave :(

Howard

Haven't received mine either, buddy. Hopefully, won't be too much longer!

_H_

Post by _H_ »

Hope not, I've got a tour to run lol :lol:

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

_H_ wrote:Hope not, I've got a tour to run lol :lol:

Ha ha, I hope you've got a nice mark up on the 'tour' price!

_H_

Post by _H_ »

jalfrezi wrote:
_H_ wrote:Hope not, I've got a tour to run lol :lol:

Ha ha, I hope you've got a nice mark up on the 'tour' price!

Obvs!!!
.......unless any of them are looking and then, Nah mate I do it for the love :lol: :grin:

NTG1610

Post by NTG1610 »

Howard

Without knowing exactly what the plan is my own thoughts are NO second wave on Friday as some of the aircraft re position to the airport for airshow static duty, I think we get a morning launch/recovery and some departures which will be aircraft on route the other airport, I am probably/Hopefully wrong but that`s how I see it panning out

A380_sully

Post by A380_sully »

NTG1610 wrote:

Howard

Without knowing exactly what the plan is my own thoughts are NO second wave on Friday as some of the aircraft re position to the airport for airshow static duty, I think we get a morning launch/recovery and some departures which will be aircraft on route the other airport, I am probably/Hopefully wrong but that`s how I see it panning out

I think you will get a wave at 10am with recovery around 12pm, then a second wave at 2pm with recovery at 4pm and aircraft heading straight to Poznan show ground at the end of the exercise.

My primary hope is that at least "bash the circuit" a bit before landing as last year at Landivisiau they were ultra conservative and ultra boring. I then went to Tactical Weapons Meet in Florennes and that took the mickey out of NTM17. The circuits were fantastic and gave everyone great opportunities for photographs.

Fingers crossed NTM18 is as "Polish" a meet as some of the older ones......

NTG1610

Post by NTG1610 »

A380_sully wrote:
NTG1610 wrote:

Howard

I think you will get a wave at 10am with recovery around 12pm, then a second wave at 2pm with recovery at 4pm and aircraft heading straight to Poznan show ground at the end of the exercise.

My primary hope is that at least "bash the circuit" a bit before landing as last year at Landivisiau they were ultra conservative and ultra boring. I then went to Tactical Weapons Meet in Florennes and that took the mickey out of NTM17. The circuits were fantastic and gave everyone great opportunities for photographs.

Yes The TWM did put some of the NTM flyers to shame but was still two very good days if not very hard work to transit between the two, at least these events are only 20mins drive between them 10 mins if your hotel is in central poznan

A380_sully

Post by A380_sully »

NTG1610 wrote:
A380_sully wrote:
NTG1610 wrote:

Howard

Yes The TWM did put some of the NTM flyers to shame but was still two very good days if not very hard work to transit between the two, at least these events are only 20mins drive between them 10 mins if your hotel is in central poznan

Unfortunately I did the first week NTM (overcast for spotters day) but TWM was awesome.

Fingers crossed for a good few days this year,

Kelvin

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

Received my ticket an hour ago, so they must be going out in batches.