Where has XH558 thread gone?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Brevet Cable

Re: Where has XH558 thread gone?

Post by Brevet Cable »

Yours is the 1499th reply.....if you look at the post count that would make yours the 1500th post.
Meh !!
( Making mine the 1500th reply & the 1501st post )
:lol:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Brevet Cable wrote:Meh !!

:lol:

I just knew it might be you. :lol:

Only 499 posts to go until we hit 2,000 ! :grin:

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

MicrolightDriver wrote:
vulcan558 wrote:The Vulcan xh558 Spares stores are having a big sale on Saturday the 18th of May.
Lots of new lots for sale if your intrested in this type of stuff.

You really don't like it if this thread goes quiet do you?

Blimey, you go away for a few weeks for some next door to syria.
Come home and show some support and news and get flamend for a perfectly informative post.

I think your just a trol. You seem to jump on here very quick when anythings posted.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

vulcan558 wrote:Blimey, you go away for a few weeks for some next door to syria.

Start again, Rich !

Full Flaps

Post by Full Flaps »

Just posting to say Saturday 19th May is the next STORES OPEN DAY - same as the Royal Wedding and FA Cup Final.
Hate people to miss it! (one or the other, or the other...)

http://www.vulcantothesky.org/xh558-collectables.html

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

vulcan558 wrote:
MicrolightDriver wrote:
vulcan558 wrote:The Vulcan xh558 Spares stores are having a big sale on Saturday the 18th of May.

Come home and show some support and news and get flamend for a perfectly informative post.

I think your just a trol. You seem to jump on here very quick when anythings posted.

Started a bit early on the firewater tonight Rich?

As for MLD, treat him as a figure of fun and just ignore him.

The next set of accounts must be due soon - will be fascinating to read where the money is going in terms of wages and consultancy fees, especially since Dr Bob has stated that he and the others are now only classed as part-time.

MicrolightDriver

Post by MicrolightDriver »

vulcan558 wrote:
MicrolightDriver wrote:

I think your just a trol.....

Assuming you mean 'troll', I think it's very obvious who just deliberately bumped the thread (stirred the pot ) and started off the traditional arguments again. Or are we to believe you've had a fundamental change of heart and are now actually keen to support VTTS' endeavours?

IgnatiusJReilly

Post by IgnatiusJReilly »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:Well, to take this further, if VTTS can find a mug willing to finance and build this purpose built hangar, i will doff my cap to them. However time is now an interesting thing to discuss...........

Honestly.... If there'd even been a sniff of someone being remotely interested in stumping up the cash, I can't believe that it wouldn't have been leaked either here or on the VTTS forum.. Let's face it, finding someone both rich enough and yet suitably financially illiterate to buy into this charade was a massive ask. I wonder if the whole hangar discussion has just been a smokescreen to help keep the donations coming in. Didn't the trust get someone else to pay for the design work anyway? Did VTTS even have any 'skin in the 'hangar' game'?

HeyfordDave111 wrote:Having said that, what's become of the fast taxi's?

I read a comment, over on the VTTS forum, where the trust was challenged to publicly deny that the airport has refused to ever allow any fast taxi runs.
They didn't.
Eccentric, idealistic, and creative, sometimes to the point of delusion..

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:The next set of accounts must be due soon - will be fascinating to read where the money is going in terms of wages and consultancy fees, especially since Dr Bob has stated that he and the others are now only classed as part-time.

Not that soon....unless I'm mistaken they're usually published on the CC's website around August/September.
아직도 숨어있다

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

IgnatiusJReilly wrote:I read a comment, over on the VTTS forum, where the trust was challenged to publicly deny that the airport has refused to ever allow any fast taxi runs.
They didn't.

Just like a lot of other questions that have been asked on there.
아직도 숨어있다

flashman8

Post by flashman8 »

IgnatiusJReilly wrote:
HeyfordDave111 wrote:Well, to take this further, if VTTS can find a mug willing to finance and build this purpose built hangar, i will doff my cap to them. However time is now an interesting thing to discuss...........

Honestly.... If there'd even been a sniff of someone being remotely interested in stumping up the cash, I can't believe that it wouldn't have been leaked either here or on the VTTS forum.. Let's face it, finding someone both rich enough and yet suitably financially illiterate to buy into this charade was a massive ask. I wonder if the whole hangar discussion has just been a smokescreen to help keep the donations coming in. Didn't the trust get someone else to pay for the design work anyway? Did VTTS even have any 'skin in the 'hangar' game'?

HeyfordDave111 wrote:Having said that, what's become of the fast taxi's?

I read a comment, over on the VTTS forum, where the trust was challenged to publicly deny that the airport has refused to ever allow any fast taxi runs.
They didn't.

As long as the trust continue to give the impression that there will be fast taxi runs, then the misguided/misinformed/blinkered people out there will continue to stump up the cash to fill the back pockets, its time that VTTS came clean and said there will never be any due to constraints from the airport.............

Come clean, tell us all the `real` truth, and `not` the truth you want us to hear.................
Sony A700, A550, , Minolta 135, 500, Sigma 10-20, Sony 18-70, 50,70-300GSSM,Tamron 17-50,90mm

XR219

Post by XR219 »

But the airport has allowed fast taxy runs, of which there is ample photographic evidence available.

Do you mean in the future? The airport has not said there will not be any more. I am confident there will be, but (as I've said before) I think that is unlikely prior to the hanger being built, in which it will be a simpler task to ensure that the aircraft is safe enough to do so.
@steveliddle558
Vulcan to the Sky Trust Trustee (although expressing my own views)

Marathon Milkshake

Post by Marathon Milkshake »

XR219 wrote:But the airport has allowed fast taxy runs, of which there is ample photographic evidence available.

Do you mean in the future? The airport has not said there will not be any more. I am confident there will be, but (as I've said before) I think that is unlikely prior to the hangar being built, in which it will be a simpler task to ensure that the aircraft is safe enough to do so.

I still have that bridge for sale, its free and still £100 to view it......
Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

If they could just get the steelwork up for the hangar they could build the roof and walls out of stickers..
I'm sure we would all pay £50 each for our names to go on the them.

Problem solved.
:wink:

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

MicrolightDriver wrote:
vulcan558 wrote:
MicrolightDriver wrote:
vulcan558 wrote:The Vulcan xh558 Spares stores are having a big sale on Saturday the 19th of May.

Blimey, you go away for a few weeks for some sunshine next door to syria.

I think your just a trol.....

Assuming you mean 'troll', I think it's very obvious who just deliberately bumped the thread (stirred the pot ) and started off the traditional arguments again. Or are we to believe you've had a fundamental change of heart and are now actually keen to support VTTS' endeavours?

How do you mean by change of heart and keen to now support.?
I just posted a bit of news about an event thats in the intrest of this topic,
There was no reason for anyone to comment, you only had to read it.
So where did I stir the pot and start of arguments again,

Pretty sure the Moderaters on this site will do a grand job, of cleaning up the irrelevant posts after my factual on topic post.
of the Stores open day sale May 19th.

flashman8

Post by flashman8 »

XR219 wrote:But the airport has allowed fast taxy runs, of which there is ample photographic evidence available.

Do you mean in the future? The airport has not said there will not be any more. I am confident there will be, but (as I've said before) I think that is unlikely prior to the hangar being built, in which it will be a simpler task to ensure that the aircraft is safe enough to do so.

Really?>, that must have a very low key event for the people who are willing to pay a handsome price, what about ones for all the thousands of ordinary people who gave money over the years?
Sony A700, A550, , Minolta 135, 500, Sigma 10-20, Sony 18-70, 50,70-300GSSM,Tamron 17-50,90mm

IgnatiusJReilly

Post by IgnatiusJReilly »

I think you, I and everyone else understands a 'fast taxi' in this context refers to an event that is affordable, open to the general public. Kids as well.
Not just a private, invitation only, affair performed under the banner of a test run.

XR219 wrote:Do you mean in the future? The airport has not said there will not be any more. I am confident there will be, but (as I've said before) I think that is unlikely prior to the hangar being built, in which it will be a simpler task to ensure that the aircraft is safe enough to do so.

It seems remarkable that for all the time XH558 was tucked away in hangar 3, when interest in the airframe (and also its commercial value) was at a peak, that it wasn't worth the time and trouble of VTTS to organise a fast taxi - if there were / are no objections from the airport...

I'd also be interested to better understand your comment regarding the ability of the trust to ensure the safety of the aircraft whilst stored outside...
Eccentric, idealistic, and creative, sometimes to the point of delusion..

Dan213

Post by Dan213 »

The ignorance of those on the trust towards the members of the public who funded the aircraft and paid their salaries for years is utterly unbelievable. You should really be ashamed of yourselves. Given that you love to use the phrase 'The People's Aircraft' what kind of taxi run is one that occurs behind closed doors?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

There's a difference between the 'Trust' ( as in VTST ) and the 'Trustees' ( which is what 'XR219' is )
아직도 숨어있다

Dan213

Post by Dan213 »

Brevet Cable wrote:There's a difference between the 'Trust' ( as in VTST ) and the 'Trustees' ( which is what 'XR219' is )

Correct, he doesn't take a salary but he is still involved with the operation and therefore is accountable partially for the events that have occurred. Spouting ignorant comments about how there is proof that there have been taxi runs just adds fuel to the fire...

JetMan

Post by JetMan »

Dan213 wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:There's a difference between the 'Trust' ( as in VTST ) and the 'Trustees' ( which is what 'XR219' is )

Correct, he doesn't take a salary but he is still involved with the operation and therefore is accountable partially for the events that have occurred. Spouting ignorant comments about how there is proof that there have been taxi runs just adds fuel to the fire...

He’s not wrong though... there have been 2 fast taxis along the runway, and a few more occasions where the aircraft has taxied from the running pan back to a stand. Not sure what fire that is fuelling tbh...

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Dan213 wrote:

Correct, he doesn't take a salary but he is still involved with the operation and therefore is accountable partially for the events that have occurred.

Not quite.
The Trustees have oversight but are not involved in the operation.
아직도 숨어있다

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

JetMan wrote:
Dan213 wrote:

He’s not wrong though... there have been 2 fast taxis along the runway, and a few more occasions where the aircraft has taxied from the running pan back to a stand. Not sure what fire that is fuelling tbh...

2 fast taxi's in how many years now?

you gotta love 'the people's airplane'
Got to love Russianhardware

JetMan

Post by JetMan »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:
JetMan wrote:
Dan213 wrote:

Just remind me how many fast taxi’s the other TWO live Vulcans have done in the same time period...

That would be two between them... Almost 2 years since 655 last moved under her own power.

Dan213

Post by Dan213 »

JetMan wrote:
HeyfordDave111 wrote:
JetMan wrote:
Dan213 wrote:

Just remind me how many fast taxi’s the other TWO live Vulcans have done in the same time period...

That would be two between them... Almost 2 years since 655 last moved under her own power.

But with public access and a number of public open days that are priced reasonably enough that people can afford them