Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby The Baron on Sat 12 May 2018, 7:56 pm

tuska2 wrote:Yeah, but the catch 22 is that Harrier! DBH please put us out of our misery and book it!! I'd rather stick my todger in stinging nettles than have to go to Farnborough again! unless in a TARDIS...

I'm with you 100% there. I really don't want to have to go to Farnborough but Id love to see the Harrier. Only problem is that DBH can't 'book' it. If the Spanish don't want to send it there's little DBH can do. It's a shame as it's a good representation of an important RAF aircraft.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby tuska2 on Sun 13 May 2018, 7:34 am

Guess so Baron, But if DBH should wish to resort to a little bribery or corruption, it would be in the very best of causes and 100% applaudable!
tuska2

Postby AARDVARK on Mon 14 May 2018, 12:02 pm

DBH can request aircraft but weather they get them or not is another thing .
As I mentioned in an earlier post the reason why FIA have the Harrier was for the then/now presentation that was supposed to happen in 2014 but didn’t due to the cancellation of the F35 that year,I can only assume in 2016 the Harrier wasn’t available but they have managed to get it back this time!
AARDVARK

Postby Tom105 on Sun 20 May 2018, 11:47 am

Jet Man confirmed to display!
Thomas
Tom105

Postby borismorris on Tue 22 May 2018, 5:54 pm

Tom105 wrote:Jet Man confirmed to display!

Thats about as inspiring as an Elton John tribute act...
borismorris

Postby Tom105 on Tue 22 May 2018, 8:21 pm

To me it's quite interesting from an engineering point of view but a display on the runway it will be a dot.
Thomas
Tom105

Postby lynothehammer on Wed 23 May 2018, 5:44 pm

Douglas C-47A added to the #FIA2018 static display
lynothehammer

Postby Tom105 on Wed 23 May 2018, 7:28 pm

lynothehammer wrote:Douglas C-47A added to the #FIA2018 static display

The management serious need to learn what people really want to see at Farnborough and i don't think its a C47A :sleepy:
Thomas
Tom105

Postby scudpilot on Thu 24 May 2018, 8:52 am

Tom105 wrote:

The management serious need to learn what people really want to see at Farnborough and i don't think its a C47A :sleepy:

Air Forces are all stretched.
How do you know what efforts are being made?
They are not going to post?
"We asked the Israeli Air Force to send an F35, but they refused" (for example) are they?
scudpilot

Postby lynothehammer on Thu 24 May 2018, 11:23 am

scudpilot wrote:
Tom105 wrote:

Air Forces are all stretched.
How do you know what efforts are being made?
They are not going to post?
"We asked the Israeli Air Force to send an F35, but they refused" (for example) are they?

Regardless of what efforts are being made, they are asking for £50 a ticket with little over 6 weeks to go with very little information as to whats in this 5 hour flying display. I can see why people are disillusioned with it all...
lynothehammer

Postby scudpilot on Mon 28 May 2018, 11:12 am

US DOD have confirmed a flying F16, with a C130, Apache and Chinook for static
scudpilot

Postby farnboroughrob on Mon 28 May 2018, 11:34 am

Confirmed today on Flightline UK that USAF F-16 will be flying, Chinook, C-130 and Apache static from the US. Also 2Excel will fly their 727 and have a PA-31 on static. About time we had some updates.
farnboroughrob

Postby Rampvan on Tue 29 May 2018, 4:26 pm

farnboroughrob wrote:Confirmed today on Flightline UK that USAF F-16 will be flying, Chinook, C-130 and Apache static from the US. Also 2Excel will fly their 727 and have a PA-31 on static. About time we had some updates.

I thought I heard 2 x 727 flying ! could be wrong though
Rampvan

Postby Tom105 on Wed 30 May 2018, 4:13 pm

DC6B from flying bulls instead of 1 of the alpha jets, cannot complain rather see the DC6 as never seen one! :yahoo: :yahoo:
Thomas
Tom105

Postby Costar1198 on Wed 30 May 2018, 4:18 pm

Tom105 wrote:DC6B from flying bulls instead of 1 of the alpha jets, cannot complain rather see the DC6 as never seen one! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well that's motivated me to search for Naughty fields :lol: :yahoo:
Costar1198

Postby The Baron on Wed 30 May 2018, 4:24 pm

Costar1198 wrote:
Tom105 wrote:DC6B from flying bulls instead of 1 of the alpha jets, cannot complain rather see the DC6 as never seen one! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well that's motivated me to search for Naughty fields :lol: :yahoo:

Me too!
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Wed 30 May 2018, 5:37 pm

DC-6 is a lovely addition :love:
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Postby Airshowhammer on Wed 30 May 2018, 7:47 pm

I hate it when this show pulls out gems. Because it makes me want to go see them even though i know i cannot stand this venue!
Airshowhammer

Postby tankbuster on Wed 30 May 2018, 7:54 pm

Airshowhammer wrote:I hate it when this show pulls out gems. Because it makes me want to go see them even though i know i cannot stand this venue!

I only go on trade days but what is often overlooked is it is still a superb show for photography, much better than RIAT IMHO
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

Postby effects on Wed 30 May 2018, 9:19 pm

tankbuster wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:I hate it when this show pulls out gems. Because it makes me want to go see them even though i know i cannot stand this venue!

I only go on trade days but what is often overlooked is it is still a superb show for photography, much better than RIAT IMHO

Ooer, wait for incoming!!!
Sony DSC-HX400V (Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)
effects

Postby Adie1980 on Thu 31 May 2018, 5:28 am

tankbuster wrote:

What on earth have you been smoking? :grin:
Attended Yeovilton Air Day 2018, RIAT 2018, FIA 2018 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2018
Adie1980

Postby tuska2 on Thu 31 May 2018, 5:51 am

Whatever he has been smoking, it sure works! Give us a tip Tankbuster!
tuska2

Postby capercaillie on Thu 31 May 2018, 8:27 am

tankbuster wrote:

Much better value for money as well, the thing that always disappoints me about RIAT is the fact that half the exhibits go home before the public are allowed in. :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby CJS on Thu 31 May 2018, 9:21 am

Yeah, and it's just full of boring civilian jets. It's like they're trying to flog aircraft or something. Yawn...
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby tankbuster on Thu 31 May 2018, 10:23 am

tuska2 wrote:Whatever he has been smoking, it sure works! Give us a tip Tankbuster!

Go on a trade day and there is no jostling for photographic position, go, pretty well where you want. The runway is relatively close to the ropes and you can get some terrific frame filers. I like RIAT for the military but opportunities to see airliners put through their paces are scarce, FIA gives you that while still giving you great photo opportunities of things like the F-18 and F35. To get a shot like that F35 below at RIAT I need to be in the centre of the crowd line which is all VIP enclosures. To get a shot like the A350 at RIAT I have to fight my way to the front and I'm shoulder to shoulder with loads of others jostling for position.

Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

PreviousNext

Return to Farnborough International Airshow