La Ferte Alais 2018

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
capercaillie

Re: La Ferte Alais 2018

Post by capercaillie »

Phenomenal line up. :worship:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

st24

Post by st24 »

Just recovering from a big weekend! It was epic on so many levels, perfection imo would have been the water bombers again but hell it was just non stop action once again- too much to mention individually. Great to see the special scheme Fennec and AF Super Puma bringing in the PdF (who were sublime) rock up yesterday. Minor irritation was the lack of the special tail Rafale yesterday and the Strutter and DVII not flying but that pales into insignificance with everything else that was on offer - both in the air and not ( :heyhey: :tongue:) Simply glorious; been away too long.
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

The combination of weather and flying made that one of those shows you'll be talking about for many years. Unforgettable.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Wissam24 wrote:The combination of weather and flying made that one of those shows you'll be talking about for many years. Unforgettable.

Glad you enjoyed it, Sam. Hopefully, like me, you'll become a regular attendee.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Col. Chibani

Post by Col. Chibani »

I was there on Sunday.
Perfect weather and very dense program: every time I laid down my camera to put some solar cream on me or on the kids, I missed a photo opportunity :sad: . But I prefer that than the opposite.
One of the best Ferté I attended (and I attend every year since 1993). Maybe it's just getting more and more professional and is now lacking the "joyful french controlled disorganization" I witnessed years ago.

Best photos to be published soon. Stay tuned !

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Quick question: did anyone that attend happen to know the ID of the BE2 in the static park. It didn't fly on Sunday.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

hmeasures

Post by hmeasures »

The Baron wrote:Quick question: did anyone that attend happen to know the ID of the BE2 in the static park. It didn't fly on Sunday.

It is the Be2f n°2560 according to the Memorial Flight website - http://memorial.flight.free.fr/ - if you go into the projects tab it is in there. It only recently arrived at LFA I think. Looks lovely, the cockpit detail is amazing.

The show was fantastic, really enjoyed it. The best of the 3 I've done, with fantastic weather to boot. I can only agree with what others have said!

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Thanks very much!
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

• "Warbird Alais" - Dan Ledwood popped across the English Channel for UK Airshow Review to report on the 2018 La Ferté-Alais show.

Image Image Image Image Image

darkman

Post by darkman »

Hoping to attend this show next year.
I take it easiest way is flight to CDG then stay somewhere nearby?
Can anyone recommend time to arrive and are there anymore good tips you can give me?
Best place for photos. Any viewing from outside event.

Thanks

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Depends where you are going from. This year we took the Eurostar to GdN, last year we drove the whole way.

The best place for photos is in the show. It's quite a small crowdline anyway.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

darkman

Post by darkman »

Flying from Belfast.

Thanks

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Probably best to fly then!