Friday ticket up for grabs

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
CJS

Friday ticket up for grabs

Post by CJS »

Morning UKARians

I have a Friday only ticket for RIAT 2018 to give away - well, basically to give away, I'll explain:

I've just secured a new job for September (I know, :win: ) and one of the days I am tied into going in to my new school is Friday 13th July. I can't move this date or not go to it so unfortunately I am now not able to use the Friday ticket I have bought for the show - I am going on Saturday though.

I understand that I am not allowed to sell the ticket on but am allowed to give it away as long as I make no money from it - have checked this with RIAT this morning, and with UKAR staff too. So, I'm happy to let it go for free, on the understanding that whoever has it:

a) abides by the T&C of the ticket - mainly the clause about not selling it on, I will want this assurance in writing (via a personal email address, not just through UKAR).
b) lets me have their full name and mobile number, just in case point a) comes back to bite me.
c) makes a hearty donation (preferably at least equal to the ticket price, but I have no way of insisting on that of course) to one or more of the following charities - Amnesty International, the Born Free Foundation, Alzheimers Society or the RNLI.
d) says nice things to me on UKAR many many times, including what splendid photos I take.
e) is a UKAR member, cos I love y'all :biggrin:

It's an e-ticket, so obviously I will send it to you via email. You can have my details too, but please be assured I'll only send it to one person!

As long as I'm satisfied you're not going to do anything naughty with regards selling it on, and as long as you genuinely are going to send a bit of money the way of one of the above mentioned charities, then first come first served (via PM on here initially please).

I realise I can apply for a refund after the show, but that seems a shame as someone will potentially miss out. The RAFCT have my donation via the original sale and I'm not seeking to make a penny out of passing it on, so I hope that's acceptable to all - mods please let me know if not.

Cheers all, see you in July. :cool:

On second thoughts, I'll let you off d) - let's be realistic about this... :grin:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

CJS

Re: Friday ticket up for grabs

Post by CJS »

Well that didn't last long! Ticket gone :up:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

:mad: Grrrr, and you take such fabulous photos, my favourite teacher person Colin. :wall:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

CJS

Post by CJS »

Sorry caper, you can have 5 minutes extra playtime instead. :grin:

duffspeed

Post by duffspeed »

capercaillie wrote::mad: Grrrr, and you take such fabulous photos, my favourite teacher person Colin. :wall:

I thought he was Chris? :dizzy: :shock:

profile_M

Post by profile_M »

I didn't think RIAT had an issue with you selling it on for face value as long as you didn't use ebay?

From their FAQ section:

For those wishing to sell their tickets, we request that you do not do this via sites like eBay. We actively monitor sites like this and if we are able to identify the seller we will contact them asking the tickets to be removed from sale. Instead, selling at face value to friends, family or colleagues is acceptable.

I guess you wouldn't class forum members as friends family or colleagues though so you could interpret that you can't sell it on here?

CJS

Post by CJS »

duffspeed wrote:
capercaillie wrote::mad: Grrrr, and you take such fabulous photos, my favourite teacher person Colin. :wall:

I think that was part of the joke Trevor...

CJS

Post by CJS »

Re: selling it on, not sure if that faq is out of date but I was told that I couldn't sell it on at face value by sometime on the phone at DBH this morning. Also had this from a staffer on here; "DBH have warned us this year that they are cancelling any tickets they see being sold on." Admittedly my question to them was about selling it on here, but both replies still seem to go against the faq you quoted.

Doesn't matter either way, it's gone to someone who I know will make a suitable donation, so all good.

duffspeed

Post by duffspeed »

CJS wrote:
duffspeed wrote:

I think that was part of the joke Trevor...

:oops:

You do look a little like a Colin though. :butt:

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Well I hope you manage to wangle your PPA in July 2019 so you finally get to a Friday! Or do it properly and get the Monday off so you could do departures.

Congratulations by the way.

Just a shame you'll miss the 3 B-2s planned for the Friday ;-)
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

CJS wrote:I've just secured a new job for September (I know, :win: )

Congrats, buddy. :up:

CJS

Post by CJS »

Thanks chaps :-)

I think 2020 might actually be the last week of term so I can make departures with a bit of luck!