2018 Tickets

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
BrawlerO

Re: 2018 Tickets

Post by BrawlerO »

Apologies if this has been asked before but if you renew a Mach3 package from the previous year, is your seat allocation in the grandstand based purely on how low the number on the renewal form was?
Ie can you end up in a lower row than the year before? Or if you renew year after year should you gradually get a bit higher? (assuming not everyone above you renews)

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

BrawlerO wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before but if you renew a Mach3 package from the previous year, is your seat allocation in the grandstand based purely on how low the number on the renewal form was?
Ie can you end up in a lower row than the year before? Or if you renew year after year should you gradually get a bit higher? (assuming not everyone above you renews)

I believe that it's just a matter of lower numbered forms having the priority rather than any preference given for the length of membership.

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

BrawlerO wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before but if you renew a Mach3 package from the previous year, is your seat allocation in the grandstand based purely on how low the number on the renewal form was?

On the thursday mornings of the show the forms are put out in the FRIAT enclosure. If you line up outside you get a lower numbered form and thusly an earlier pick at your seats. On the forms you list your top choices for where in the grandstand you would like to be located. It's kind of like union vacation allotment that way. If you're form #1 you're guaranteed to get your top pick. If you're form #2 you get your top pick as long as it doesn't conflict with form #1. and so on down the list.

There is no preference given to how many years you have been a member. Although the person that sits at the very top east end of the enclosure has apparently had the same seats for several years now, apparently he just lines up really early every year and then sits there for the whole show bitching about how none of the acts are any good.

BrawlerO

Post by BrawlerO »

Thanks Paul/Steven, that is useful. I can’t normally make Thursday so I guess I’ll never make the top row.
I’m only bothered as I’m tall and would like to be able stand up every now and then.

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

BrawlerO wrote:Thanks Paul/Steven, that is useful. I can’t normally make Thursday so I guess I’ll never make the top row.
I’m only bothered as I’m tall and would like to be able stand up every now and then.

The grandstand actually isn't all that bad. I'm 6'4" and don't generally have too big of an issue. If you stand up to stretch between passes nobody is going to say anything to you.

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

CJS wrote:Not in my experience. It's just as overpriced at RIAT as anywhere else.

http://www.airtattoo.com/assets/pages/00001872/2018%20trade%20%20exhibitor%20application%20form.pdf When you see the Dick Turpin prices RIAT charge for the trade stallholders (which I'm sure are broadly aligned with the market norm) you can see why they have to charge the customer inflated prices.

If you take your own tuck and drinks and don't buy a infomercial pamphlet sorry programme then you can reduce costs to a sensible level compared to other 'prestige' days out.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Thought i'd post it in here than make a new thread. I've already purchased my tickets and i've got the heads up that my nephew who is 11 can come. How do i get his ticket when it won't let me through the site to just get a free child's ticket for the Sunday? He will also be coming on the Monday also.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Airshowhammer wrote:Thought i'd post it in here than make a new thread. I've already purchased my tickets and i've got the heads up that my nephew who is 11 can come. How do i get his ticket when it won't let me through the site to just get a free child's ticket for the Sunday? He will also be coming on the Monday also.

I think in previous years - people have just rang up the lovely people at DBH to get this sorted.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

If you bought your Adult tickets off the RIAT website, go here :
https://www.airtattoo.com/tickets.asp?
Log on, then you'll have the option to add Child ticket(s) to the ones you've already bought.
( You can't just order Child ticket(s) on their own, you'll have had to have already purchased Adult ticket(s) or buy them at the same time )

If that doesn't work, E-mail them.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Big help! Thanks guys.

sithrity

Post by sithrity »

I think I've read somewhere, that children without a free ticket (accompanied by a paying adult) have been scanned through at the gate.
I might have imagined it though.
I don't know everything there is to know about our hobby.

Kids, aviation, missus then responsibilities, (in that order)

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

So when i log into RIATs site and i go to upgrade my ticket for the Monday (i already paid for mine) it says i cant purchase a kids Park & view for £5 as its sold out but i can purchase a 'Park & View admission and swindon shuttle bus' for £3 is that right? or is that just paying for the bus? don't want to buy it and find out that that my nephew can't get in!

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

That would definitely be a case of E-mail/phoning DBH, then.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Definitely ring them. The shuttle bus tickets do admit you, but are usually invalid if you arrive by car. Whether that applies here, only DBH knows :wink:

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Thanks for the advice guys. Does anyone know where the Shuttle bus will take us? East or West? i'm hoping West as thats where i'd like to be located!

tankbuster

Monday ticket info

Post by tankbuster »

Are we able to contact RIAT or does someone from DBH watch this .

I'd like to understand how many departures day tickets will be available on the day. What percentage of total tickets is this?

I just don't understand what RIAT gain by this method of stopping selling on line so that some are available on the day. Most of us have to travel, in my case 100 miles and it seems highly possible that we may turn up because we are told tickets are available on the gate only to find them sold out. If I understand other posts, we will then be evicted form the car park and have no option other than to drive back home. Why don't they just sell tickets until they are all sold out so that at least everybody will know whether they will be granted access.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Post by trebleone »

tankbuster wrote:Are we able to contact RIAT or does someone from DBH watch this .

You could post on their FB page https://bit.ly/2LBvSY0 - they seem quite responsive to answering questions there.

I'd like to understand how many departures day tickets will be available on the day. What percentage of total tickets is this?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that 80% are sold online, leaving 20% to sell on the gate, but don't know how true that is and I've no idea of the total number of tickets they start with.

I find it somewhat odd that Wednesday advance tickets have sold out and yet Thursday's are still available - are a lot of people anticipating something special arriving Wednesday?

CJS

Post by CJS »

DBH definitely do have a presence on UKAR through RiatAirOps and Riat Marketing, there are myriad ways to contact them though, all on their website. The team who answer the phones have always been very helpful when I have had questions in the past
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

CJS wrote:DBH definitely do have a presence on UKAR through RiatAirOps and RIAT Marketing, there are myriad ways to contact them though, all on their website. The team who answer the phones have always been very helpful when I have had questions in the past

Thanks, I've posted on the FB page
Trevor C

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Looking for a Wednesdays arrival day ticket, no longer available which i’m gutted about as i’m heading up to Swindon on the Wednesday! :sad:

Kevyboy1979

Post by Kevyboy1979 »

Airshowhammer wrote:Looking for a Wednesdays arrival day ticket, no longer available which i’m gutted about as i’m heading up to Swindon on the Wednesday! :sad:

There are some tickets available on the gate on the day, It's on 1st come 1st serve basis so best get there early....Gates open at 7.30 but I would arrive before that.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Kevyboy1979 wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:Looking for a Wednesdays arrival day ticket, no longer available which i’m gutted about as i’m heading up to Swindon on the Wednesday! :sad:

There are some tickets available on the gate on the day, It's on 1st come 1st serve basis so best get there early....Gates open at 7.30 but I would arrive before that.

I thought that was for departures? and will i still be able to get the shuttle bus without a ticket? :dunno:

Kevyboy1979

Post by Kevyboy1979 »

Airshowhammer wrote:
Kevyboy1979 wrote:

I thought that was for departures? and will i still be able to get the shuttle bus without a ticket? :dunno:

No its for arrivals too....I'm not sure about the bus as I camp at RIAT so I never get the shuttle bus....Send them a message on Facebook as they are quick in replying.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

tankbuster wrote:
CJS wrote:DBH definitely do have a presence on UKAR through RiatAirOps and RIAT Marketing, there are myriad ways to contact them though, all on their website. The team who answer the phones have always been very helpful when I have had questions in the past

I tried FB page and there are many others out there questioning the logic but as far as I know there still hasn't been any response re the crazy ticket availability for the Monday. Surely someone must be able to tell us if there is any point turning up and whether there are 5 or 5000 tickets available. Departures day is one of my favourite days of the year. Surely someone can give us a clue as to whether it is worth getting up in the middle of the night and driving 100 miles or whether the likelihood will be that there will be some very frustrated and peed off punters told to go away.
Trevor C

CJS

Post by CJS »

tankbuster wrote:
tankbuster wrote:

I tried FB page and there are many others out there questioning the logic but as far as I know there still hasn't been any response re the crazy ticket availability for the Monday. Surely someone must be able to tell us if there is any point turning up and whether there are 5 or 5000 tickets available. Departures day is one of my favourite days of the year. Surely someone can give us a clue as to whether it is worth getting up in the middle of the night and driving 100 miles or whether the likelihood will be that there will be some very frustrated and peed off punters told to go away.

https://www.airtattoo.com/contact-us

Bear in mind how busy they are, but your question is a valid one so I'm sure a quick phone call will get you an answer, they've always been very helpful when I've contacted them. :up:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"