Sycamore To Be Based At Weston-SM - June 2018

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Sycamore To Be Based At Weston-SM - June 2018

Post by Tommy »

Hi all,

I was rummaging for info on the Weston Air festival earlier, and I stumbled across this. Poor res photo, but it states that Red Bull's Bristol Sycamore will be based at the Helicopter Museum in Weston-super-Mare from Monday 11th - Sunday 24th June.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/thesundayindy/status/1002983135720636418[/tweet]

No word on the accompanying Bo-105, but presumes that'll stay with it?

Anyway, I don't know what access will be like, but hopefully it enables people who aren't able to attend other airshows to see it up close. :up:

keithjs

Re: Sycamore To Be Based At Weston-SM - June 2018

Post by keithjs »

Nice one! Do we know where it's displaying while over here?

Edit...Just seen its down for Cosford in June and Yeovilton and RIAT in July so I assume it'll go back and then come back here for the July shows?
...Rad shutters auto.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

I presume that given it departs on 24th it might have some involvement at Weston Air Fest, too (22nd/23rd), but I haven't seen much announced yet.

And I presume it'll go base itself somewhere else in July, or yeah, go to Austria and come back a week later (though, that seems an arseload of effort). :dunno:

SilentFlight

Post by SilentFlight »

Tommy wrote:I presume that given it departs on 24th it might have some involvement at Weston Air Fest, too (22nd/23rd), but I haven't seen much announced yet.

And I presume it'll go base itself somewhere else in July, or yeah, go to Austria and come back a week later (though, that seems an arseload of effort). :dunno:

Check the Weston Thread Tommy, participants are on there. They Sycamore is planned to be at Weston Heli Museum and potentially be on static. The BO105 will base elsewhere and take part in the flying displays.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Cheers, SF. I saw the list. :up:

I was rummaging in the first place because I was trying to find details on the international helicopters taking part (and to be based at the Museum?) over the weekend. The info is a little hard to find!

Distant Thunder

Post by Distant Thunder »

Saw the Sycamore and 105 over central London today. Typically had no camera to hand