Victory Show 2018

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
The Baron

Victory Show 2018

Post by The Baron »

The Victory Show at Cosby has announced on its FB page that it is going ahead this year, and that there will be a flying display. Dates are 31st August - 2nd September.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

st24

Re: Victory Show 2018

Post by st24 »

Fine but they said exactly the same last year and cx 2 or so hours before it was due to begin... :confused:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Witchcraft24

Post by Witchcraft24 »

That is excellent news, as I know, with last year's "issues", it wasn't a given. I'm sure a workable display area will be worked out with the CAA well in advance this year..... Also hope they get luckier with the weather too.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Well I wouldn't count any chickens and if they use that other display line its next to awful.

Still a brilliant event for the battles and re-enactors, but the airshow part which had been fantastic will just not be the same again I fear. :sad:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

SilentFlight

Post by SilentFlight »

Love the negativity already!

Some of us have been working quite hard to get this display back to give you all something you to criticise in September :lol: ! I would take a look at the surrounding area, unfortunately you are fairly limited with the lines you can use with the restrictions.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

SilentFlight wrote:Love the negativity already!

Some of us have been working quite hard to get this display back to give you all something you to criticise in September :lol: ! I would take a look at the surrounding area, unfortunately you are fairly limited with the lines you can use with the restrictions.

Wouldn't criticise the work at all SF, but you have said in a nutshell everything that needs to be said. :snack:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

Latest update from The Victory Show website

Hawker Hurricane Mk.I P2902 (G-ROBT)
Hispano HA-1112-M1L “Buchon”
Hispano HA-1112-M4L “Buchon” Trainer
Spitfire IX G-LFIX, ML407
Supermarine Spitfire XIV G-SPIT, MV293
Mustang P51-D "Miss Helen"
B-17 Flying Fortress – Sally B
Douglas C.47 Dakota
Beechcraft c45 1164
RIP RogerDodger 1943-2013 Blue skies

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

Any confirmation on the display axis?
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

SilentFlight

Post by SilentFlight »

Ian G wrote:Any confirmation on the display axis?

The display line will be the same as planned for last year, with the 500ft exemption permitted for over flight of a local property. Should the property become un occupied, then the line will be parallel with the runway.

BrawlerO

Post by BrawlerO »

I went in 2015 and it is still my favourite ever show to this day.
Would love to see that again but I think it’s impossible with current regulations.
Here’s hoping though...

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

Last year they said on their website they're happy to have their original/old display line back for 2017, and we all know how that turned out.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Until I have seen/read that this show has successfully been run and works out, I don't think I can justify a return on the basis of a promise.

When it's "right", it's one of the best venues in the country.

I don't say this lightly, but the 2015 airshow at Cosby hands-down beat any Shuttleworth show I have ever attended in terms of enjoyment. I'm fact, it might even be my favourite ever airshow. That's not a dig at Shuttleworth, far from it, it's a testiment to how good this place can be.

If it returns to "as was", it'll be amazing. But sadly I'm gonna sit this year out until that's properly confirmed in the form of the weekend show being successfully held and run that way.

Obviously the organisers have tried their best, but 2016 and 2017 were two significant kicks in the teeth (probably to the said organisers as much as to us!). I can't keep going on promises of "no, no, last year was a blip *this* year it will be great!" it may well be, but I can't justify it. I need to see it happen.

If that does, I'll be back like a shot.

A shame, because that's already an absolutely smashing participation list.

hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

P47D ‘Nellie’ added to the flying display :clap:
RIP RogerDodger 1943-2013 Blue skies

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

The prospect of it displaying at Cosby is exciting. But I really can't gamble on travelling all the way up there after last year's disaster. May just wait for anyone going on Saturday to share their experience first.

BrawlerO

Post by BrawlerO »

Jakub.Zurek wrote:The prospect of it displaying at Cosby is exciting. But I really can't gamble on travelling all the way up there after last year's disaster. May just wait for anyone going on Saturday to share their experience first.

Good idea, think I’ll do the same.

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Any news on what the display axis might be (subject to late CAA change of mind).

UKAirshowTour

Post by UKAirshowTour »

Nwalch wrote:Any news on what the display axis might be (subject to late CAA change of mind).

I asked them directly and they ignored me so I’m really unsure about whether to go

UKAirshowTour

Post by UKAirshowTour »

On their website it says car park 3 and 4 could be sterile for the flying which suggests the runway axis maybe?

SilentFlight

Post by SilentFlight »

The Display Line and area remains the same as 2017, however there is a back up plan, should premises that are currently planned to occupied, become unoccupied. Both options have been granted permission from the CAA, which has been issued, unlike the late permission last year. The line has been flown and checked by pilots to ensure they can achieve their planned displays.

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

SilentFlight wrote:The Display Line and area remains the same as 2017, however there is a back up plan, should premises that are currently planned to occupied, become unoccupied. Both options have been granted permission from the CAA, which has been issued, unlike the late permission last year. The line has been flown and checked by pilots to ensure they can achieve their planned displays.

Worth sending the occupied dwelling a free weekend away.

pb643

Post by pb643 »

vulcan558 wrote:
SilentFlight wrote:The Display Line and area remains the same as 2017, however there is a back up plan, should premises that are currently planned to occupied, become unoccupied. Both options have been granted permission from the CAA, which has been issued, unlike the late permission last year. The line has been flown and checked by pilots to ensure they can achieve their planned displays.

Worth sending the occupied dwelling a free weekend away.

No criticism of the display organisers, but the world has gone quite mad.

"We are just nipping down the shops for a couple of hours, fill your boots!", "We might be back to watch Eastenders, depends if the garden centre is busy, shall we give you a call on the way home?" :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

SilentFlight wrote:The Display Line and area remains the same as 2017

Could you please elaborate on that given no flying took place last year for anyone to see what line was used? I've searched last year's thread and can't find any mention of it either. Is the planned line parallel to the runway but at a greater distance, or is it the strange line at 45° to the runway that has been used a couple of times in the past?
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

Would it be possible to show a map with the proposed display line/s on? I'm considering attending but I'm unsure of what to expect with regards to photography, and I'm sure others are in the same position.

SilentFlight

Post by SilentFlight »

The Line runs at a 30 degree offset to the Runway if the premises remain occupied. Paralell to the runway if not.

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

Okay, so the flying display might not be the most visually appealing spectacle. Maybe the saving grace for photographers will be the warbirds operating from the grass strip. Could you confirm which machines will/won’t operate from Cosby?