RIAT 2018 discussion

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
capercaillie

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Post by capercaillie »

st24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:Well if you include Brazil for the KC390 we are up to 31 nations... :dunno:

You know the rules Mr S, not allowed unless officially handed over, same as those Indian and Canadian Hawks. If it arrives as a full Brazilian, bejewelled with little stars it may be allowed. :biggrin:

Fair enough 'guvnah, I did say "if" and with it being so close to service entry; will be a close shave to include it. :tongue:

Better get back onto the KC-390, stop people waxing on about grammar. According to Wiki, service entry was expected in 2018, but with the one prototype mishap they may have to trim that back a little now. :cool:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Clearly the KC-390 is still on the list, but do the experts among us still think attendance is likely after the accident?

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

MiG_Eater wrote:Clearly the KC-390 is still on the list, but do the experts among us still think attendance is likely after the accident?

They have two, they want to sell it, its booked at Farnborough hence why its over here. Yes, why not?

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Ouragan wrote:More like they'd disassemble the Herk to bring it over in the Mi-26... :dizzy:

:lmao:

Kevyboy1979

Post by Kevyboy1979 »

Nice to see a Spitfire added to the statics line up, would be nice to see a Hurricane added to go beside it.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:Well if you include Brazil for the KC390 we are up to 31 nations... :dunno:

You know the rules Mr S, not allowed unless officially handed over, same as those Indian and Canadian Hawks. If it arrives as a full Brazilian, bejewelled with little stars it may be allowed. :biggrin:

Fair enough 'guvnah, I did say "if" and with it being so close to service entry; will be a close shave to include it. :tongue:

Better get back onto the KC-390, stop people waxing on about grammar. According to Wiki, service entry was expected in 2018, but with the one prototype mishap they may have to trim that back a little now. :cool:

Didn't the other prototype have a bit of a close shave as well?
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Very nice update :up: really hoping that they line up all the Hercs, it would look magnificent! And the Atlantique 2, really hoping it doesn’t cancel as that’s an absolute gem.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Wissam24 wrote:Didn't the other prototype have a bit of a close shave as well?

Yep : https://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20180505-0
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

play it cool

Post by play it cool »

Wissam24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

That must have been a little hairy!

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

play it cool wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

Surely that is the same incident, and must be a problem with the flaps? :joystick:

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

capercaillie wrote:
play it cool wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

Fair enough 'guvnah, I did say "if" and with it being so close to service entry; will be a close shave to include it.

Surely that is the same incident, and must be a problem with the flaps? :joystick:

Dirty boy! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

st24

Post by st24 »

capercaillie wrote:
play it cool wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

Luckily didn't happen in pubic...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

st24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
play it cool wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

Okay this is a bit cringe.

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

Just seen todays update and it is fantastic, can this years show really get any better than this? :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

edhunter wrote:Just seen todays update and it is fantastic, can this years show really get any better than this? :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well, some nice blue skies, or at least a high cloud-base, would be good :-) :cool:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

wezgulf3

Post by wezgulf3 »

Regarding the KC390, Embraer only have one now, the other is almost certainly written off. PT-ZNF was the frame involved in both incidents. I would think Embraer would prefer to carry on with the rest campaign in Brazil instead of sending one to England for 10 days.

Wes...

RIAT Air Ops

Post by RIAT Air Ops »

wezgulf3 wrote:Regarding the KC390, Embraer only have one now, the other is almost certainly written off. PT-ZNF was the frame involved in both incidents. I would think Embraer would prefer to carry on with the rest campaign in Brazil instead of sending one to England for 10 days.

Wes...

I have no indications whatsoever that the KC-390 will not be at Fairford in July, in fact everything is exactly the opposite and very positive.

Tom :cuppa:

Kevyboy1979

Post by Kevyboy1979 »

RIAT Air Ops wrote:
wezgulf3 wrote:Regarding the KC390, Embraer only have one now, the other is almost certainly written off. PT-ZNF was the frame involved in both incidents. I would think Embraer would prefer to carry on with the rest campaign in Brazil instead of sending one to England for 10 days.

Wes...

I have no indications whatsoever that the KC-390 will not be at Fairford in July, in fact everything is exactly the opposite and very positive.

Good to hear Tom as looking forward to seeing it arrive at Fairford along with everything else :yahoo:

Aviation94

Post by Aviation94 »

st24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
play it cool wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

Come on don't beat around the bush... they obviously didn't trim the plane!
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed

wezgulf3

Post by wezgulf3 »

RIAT Air Ops wrote:

Wes...

I really hope it does arrive, it’s a great looking Aircraft. My comments are purely a personal opinion on what I have seen happen in the past (not at RIAT Imight add)

Wes...

Kevyboy1979

Post by Kevyboy1979 »

Just wondering will we still get an update the week of the show or not? As that's last arrivals day so would there be any that late confirming?

mark_aviation

Post by mark_aviation »

That Atlantique is a real highlight for me. :up: First time I’ll have seen one (which pretty much guarantees it’ll cancel :lol: )

G67

Post by G67 »

mark_aviation wrote:That Atlantique is a real highlight for me. :up: First time I’ll have seen one (which pretty much guarantees it’ll cancel :lol: )

Was just logging-on to say the same thing! Looking forward to seeing that and the German Transall on arrivals / departures days, those Tynes and the big props create some wild vortices when the air is humid. Pity the French aren't sending a Transall too.

Just waiting for a South African Herk now, even though Herk props look a little feeble in comparison...

CJS

Post by CJS »

Kevyboy1979 wrote:Just wondering will we still get an update the week of the show or not? As that's last arrivals day so would there be any that late confirming?

Probably won't be a regular Thursday update after next week or the week after, stuff just gets announced as and when - which is already happening now to be fair - or sometimes it never makes it to an announcement at all as it's so last minute - last year's Israeli C-130 for example.

There certainly won't be an update like we're used to on the Thursday before the first show day.
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

jason82wells

Post by jason82wells »

Another cracking update update!

Just hope we don't get too many cancellations as we get closer to the weekend.