More Golden Oldies

Photos older than five years old (preferably much older)

dreamworker

Re: MORE GOLDEN OLDIES

Post by dreamworker »

Apologies for the lack of info with these.......the Hawk at bournemouth is very evocative for me; remember spending a very happy afternoon on the friday before Bournemouth Air Festival in 1984, watching a blistering array of lovely stuff fly in, there was no-one else there apart from me and my mate, and yet the participation was excellent., much more varied than anyone had ever seen at Bournemouth before , but then it was always going to be so with IAT at the helm. Terrible light inside from the crowd line though, appalling sunburn afterwards if I recall.
If I remember correctly the 747 was from an afternoon where I was principally there to catch the end of the Tridents .....also bagged some lovely African 707s too...will dig these out.

Sundowner

Post by Sundowner »

Stunning set, thanks for sharing.

MarkL
UKAR Supporter

Post by MarkL »

Lovely set. The B747 and TriStar images are particularly wonderful.

The LGV pic might need 'flipping'

Can't wait for more, especially the 'liners.

Mark
HTAFC

AlexC

Re: More Golden Oldies

Post by AlexC »

Those Bournemouth airshows around the mid-80's were good. In those days there was only a low fence to the airfield, and it was possible to get good shots of taxiing aircraft such as an A-10, Hunters etc. as I did in August 1984. Of course it couldn't last. :sad:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Spiny Norman

Re: More Golden Oldies

Post by Spiny Norman »

That first 747 is a Picture of the Week candidate. Stunner.

The Tristar is also cracking.