Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air Force)

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Abbo46

Re: Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air For

Post by Abbo46 »

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

Tks Abbo another Armchair Airshow this year for me. Appreciate the link.
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

Flanker just displayed, Pretty dull display tbh. i'm off to beach,bit More fun
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Seeing people saying that one of the Patrouille Suisse went supersonic today, anyone able to confirm this?

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

They didn't display today so, I doubt it. :grin:

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Must have been yesterday then :lol:

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

It happened yesterday. Not a sonic boom in my opinion, but vapor cone. It was incredible and unusual, I'm sure everyone will remember it for a looong time :rock:

Video from Friday, hope to see it from Saturday:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3YRbbsxXz20

Edit: Found on the Polish forums

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

They have form for this sort of thing... one year at RIAT (2006 I think) the Pat Suisse solo tickled the sound-barrier on his fast-pass with a fair few interesting thuds clearly audible on the crowdline and lots of funky shock-cones and vapour forming around the aircraft. Not supersonic but certainly transsonic.

:rock:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Nivvy

Post by Nivvy »

Mr. Crusher wrote:It happened yesterday. Not a sonic boom in my opinion, but vapor cone. It was incredible and unusual, I'm sure everyone will remember it for a looong time :rock:

Video from Friday, hope to see it from Saturday:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3YRbbsxXz20

Edit: Found on the Polish forums

I was there and can honestly say that it was a sonic boom. You are right its certainly something that will never be forgotten

Bokimon

Post by Bokimon »

Hmm I actually forgotten about that and I was there and took pictures too of that Tiger.
If it weren't for the weather, the huge crowds that showed up and the jet doing a fast pass with a topside bank even a slight one, it would have made for a more memorable experience. The thick vapor trails and condensation over many of the acts that flew that Saturday were nice, but overall not as impressed as I had hoped as the acts were modified to suit the low performance envelopes dictated by the shoddy conditions with several acts being cancelled.. Such as the German Typhoon that I really wanted to see.
Alot of people who were tall were infront of me, some with their step stools and selfie sticks and when I finally had some space to pan with my 500mm lens somebody else comes and gets infront of me blocking the shot during the critical moment. I actually was about to push my lens behind the neck of one such tall fellow when the Sukhoi suddenly got blocked by some fat Pol head. I would have liked If there were a little more civility with the crowds at the front such as by not using step stools and selfie sticks though i can sympathize their excitement. So maybe the organizers should do something like RIAT does and set up bleacher seating for next time. The airfield and the extent of airshow grounds and static area were RIAT sized as well which took me by surprise.

All in all, the polish people were definitely passionate about the airshow as despite the crap weather it felt like 100,000 people still came out swarming all the viewing areas. Even the otherside was packed with throngs of people on the mound and by the fence. Therefore I will wait and see what happens in 2020.

Witchcraft24

Post by Witchcraft24 »

I expected to see more than one post feeding back on this event - did the loss of the MIGs and SU22s rip the heart out of it for the enthusiast?

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

From what I have heard it was a damp squid ,weather wise and participation wise!

reineves

Post by reineves »

I traveled thousands of miles from my country, Brazil, to watch a great aviation event. Unfortunately the rain and the accidents with the Migs partially thwarted my plans. However, watching all the flying squadrons in sync and the individual fighters were a beautiful experience. I was in the press area, the only South American journalist and the support given by the organization was very good. Unfortunately they did not give me the car registration and I was late on Saturday. Perhaps for you Europeans, accustomed to big events, this was not so appreciated, but for me it was the second biggest air show I could watch. Thanks to all who collaborated with the information and the Polish Air Force. I am posting photos and reports on my website, www.asasmetalicas.com.br. THANK YOU

and...if you ask me...yes, i will return, if possible!

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »