RIAT 2019 wish list

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby NTG1610 on Fri 14 Sep 2018, 11:25 am

boff180 wrote:Solo display by a Tigre would be nice :-)


There are Lots of European Based Helicopters that are overdue a return
German Army
Swedish Army

to name but 2
NTG1610

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby JJC on Fri 14 Sep 2018, 2:09 pm

I’d like to see Bialo-Czerwone Iskry from Poland - when was the time they visited?

They would certainly be something different, with a unique type which can’t have too long left.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
User avatar
JJC

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby boff180 on Thu 20 Sep 2018, 1:58 am

JJC wrote:I’d like to see Bialo-Czerwone Iskry from Poland - when was the time they visited?

They would certainly be something different, with a unique type which can’t have too long left.


They were a regular at Waddington alternating with the Orliks.

A type I would be extremely happy to see at Fairford that I’ve never seen so even static would be great is a Hawk 200 series!

The closest airworthy examples are in Oman :-) although there is atleast one example that could be roaded in from Warton.

Andy
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby capercaillie on Thu 20 Sep 2018, 8:23 am

boff180 wrote:
JJC wrote:I’d like to see Bialo-Czerwone Iskry from Poland - when was the time they visited?

They would certainly be something different, with a unique type which can’t have too long left.


They were a regular at Waddington alternating with the Orliks.

Andy


Are you sure, I cannot ever recall them at Waddington? Orliks yes.

Iskry have been to RIAT several times, both Fairford and Cottesmore, 1995, 2001 and 2003, can't remember them recently, and one of the jets was on static one year.
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby Wes_Howes on Thu 20 Sep 2018, 11:51 am

Indeed, I'd love to see a return of the Iskry along with the Turkish Stars and Team 60. Oh! And a debut for August 1st :grin:
User avatar
Wes_Howes

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby kinglear27 on Thu 20 Sep 2018, 5:20 pm

NATO E3 participation would be nice!
kinglear27

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby skidd40 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 8:24 am

NTG1610 wrote:
boff180 wrote:Solo display by a Tigre would be nice :-)


There are Lots of European Based Helicopters that are overdue a return
German Army
Swedish Army

to name but 2


Would love to see The ASPA Patrol again over here
User avatar
skidd40

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby edhunter on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 1:24 pm

Do you think there will be a mock up of tempest at next years RIAT?
edhunter

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby CJS on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 6:58 pm

edhunter wrote:Do you think there will be a mock up of tempest at next years RIAT?


But not hidden away this time (I do know why it was obviously!).

There was a plastic Dave at RIAT as early as 2007 and perhaps before that (?) so I'd imagine it's a distinct possibility.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
User avatar
CJS

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby aviodromefriend on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 8:35 am

Why a mock up?

I expect the real thing to be there, making it useless to bring in a mock up too...
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby boff180 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 9:07 am

aviodromefriend wrote:Why a mock up?

I expect the real thing to be there, making it useless to bring in a mock up too...


You do realise the Tempest doesn't exist yet in anything but mock up form don't you?
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby CJS on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 5:42 am

boff180 wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:Why a mock up?

I expect the real thing to be there, making it useless to bring in a mock up too...


You do realise the Tempest doesn't exist yet in anything but mock up form don't you?


I'm thinking he doesn't!
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
User avatar
CJS

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby vulcanshammer on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 9:35 am

CJS wrote:
boff180 wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:Why a mock up?

I expect the real thing to be there, making it useless to bring in a mock up too...


You do realise the Tempest doesn't exist yet in anything but mock up form don't you?


I'm thinking he doesn't!


Or he misread the post and thinks you were talking about a mock up F-35B?
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better
User avatar
vulcanshammer

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby lynothehammer on Mon 01 Oct 2018, 5:23 pm

Top of my wish list is a price decrease on the Friday ticket... :lol:
Last edited by lynothehammer on Mon 01 Oct 2018, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
lynothehammer

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby Airshowhammer on Mon 01 Oct 2018, 5:56 pm

lynothehammer wrote:Top of my whilst is a price decrease on the Friday ticket... :lol:


:grin: :clap: oh and the shuttle buses for arrival and depatures.
Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby Airshowhammer on Mon 01 Oct 2018, 10:05 pm

Because they haven’t got long left i’m going to chuck a 747 into the mix. That would be brilliant.
Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby jasonT1981 on Tue 02 Oct 2018, 12:10 am

Airshowhammer wrote:Because they haven’t got long left i’m going to chuck a 747 into the mix. That would be brilliant.


I had that exact thought last night.
User avatar
jasonT1981

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby AMB on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 9:40 pm

Tmyers123 wrote:
AMB wrote:This wish list seems centred on individual aircraft requests, but what about the flying display content? I would like to see more variety, set scenes, story telling with pyotechnics, a water-bomber demo, mock attack with parachutists etc. Far too many boring single fast jets blatting up and down being totalling unsociable - how many single F-16s, F-18s, Mirages, Typhoons or Gripens do we need? Surely one of each type is enough, without every air force having to fly one? Surely, the general public are not interested in so many noisy individual aircraft and need entertaining with something more spectacular. After all this is a 'Tattoo'?


So you’re saying that DBH should just turn down SoloTürk just because the Belgian F-16 display confirmed first for example? Or they should turn down the Czech Gripen because the Swedish display confirmed first? How do you think that would go down with other display teams? I certainly wouldn’t want to participate in a show if there was a “one display per type” rule.

You don't get it do you? I am talking about variety and I'm sure DBH can request specific items from each air force, not that they'll get them? I am sure some diplomatic agreement could be made - for example if the solo Belgian F-16 team bid first, then specifically invite the " Turkish Stars" (which haven't been to RIAT since the 'non-show' in 2008). I know it's pretty impossible, but if RIAT could have a 'one display per type' rule and managed to fill a whole show under that rule, wouldn't that be good...or do you still want 3 X F-16s, 3 X Gripens, 3 X Typhoons etc? :whistle:
Adrian
User avatar
AMB

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby aviodromefriend on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 8:27 am

AMB wrote:I am sure some diplomatic agreement could be made - for example if the solo Belgian F-16 team bid first, then specifically invite the " Turkish Stars" (which haven't been to RIAT since the 'non-show' in 2008).
I'm pretty sure it can't, just because it doesn't work that way. You invite participants and you send the invitations out at about the same time to all airforces. Then it is waiting when which airforce tells what they plan to send.

If you withdraw an already made invitation just because you already have one display from another country, that is seen by the team's airforce you don't want to come as telling people you don't want them to come at all, and not come for years.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby Tmyers123 on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 9:37 am

AMB wrote:You don't get it do you? I am talking about variety and I'm sure DBH can request specific items from each air force, not that they'll get them? I am sure some diplomatic agreement could be made - for example if the solo Belgian F-16 team bid first, then specifically invite the " Turkish Stars" (which haven't been to RIAT since the 'non-show' in 2008). I know it's pretty impossible, but if RIAT could have a 'one display per type' rule and managed to fill a whole show under that rule, wouldn't that be good...or do you still want 3 X F-16s, 3 X Gripens, 3 X Typhoons etc? :whistle:


DBH do request specific aircraft from each air arm, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t go anything like “Can we have a MiG-21 please, but if you’re thinking about sending an F-16, don’t bother because one confirmed yesterday”. You make it sound like DBH only get the aircraft which they ask for, which just isn’t true. There’s a good chance that DBH did in fact invite the Turkish Stars specifically, but just because they did that doesn’t mean the Turkish Air Force won’t send a different display. The Slovak Air Force were probably asked if they could send their MiG-29 display, but they sent a C-27J this year. The air arms that are invited send whatever they want, and aren’t limited by what is on DBH’s “wish list”.
User avatar
Tmyers123

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby Hog on Mon 08 Oct 2018, 7:33 am

A-10 display team would be the highlight for me next year. Fingers crossed.
User avatar
Hog

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby Abbo46 on Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:41 am

Hungarian Mi-24 would be very welcome! :up:
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby jasonT1981 on Sat 10 Nov 2018, 7:09 pm

Hopefully some news in the next few weeks with the USAF since it is the ICAS Convention at the start of December.

A10 & F35 would be great :)
User avatar
jasonT1981

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby Abbo46 on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 10:12 pm

For those interested, A-10 schedule due for release on 4th December at 6pm GMT. :up:
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Postby edhunter on Sat 01 Dec 2018, 12:15 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing an RAF demo with Typhoons like they did with Tornadoes Gr4's and hopefully eventually with F-35's
edhunter

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jalfrezi and 13 guests