Line up stands at:
Muscle Pitts - Richard Goodwin
SF260 Marchetti - Paul Freeland
SV4 Stampe biplane x4 formation display team
North American NA-64 Yale - Andy Goodall :yahoo:
Classic Jets Radio Controlled Models
Plus..............
Jump4Heroes Parachute Display Team
70+ General Aircraft Fly Into the event.
The Yale is a very good addition rare display I never seen it display and dont think it has displayed for a long time.
Now old warden or abingdon? shuttleworth are going to have a special line up to convince me it worth the higher price and longer drive.
Thomas

Abbo46

Re: Abingdon air and Country show 2019 - 5th may

Post by Abbo46 »

Yale is a stunning addition! :clap:

Oldtower

Post by Oldtower »

Thanks for posting about our show at Abingdon - a long way to go yet naturally but you beat me to it posting up the first few items. All will be static too.
RAF 47Sqn who supported us this year with a static C130 are hoping to support us again (this will be confirmed much closer to the event date if it happens again), and limited military bids have been submitted.

Details are on our website http://www.abingdonairandcountry.co.uk, and the admission prices are the same as 2018's so no changes.

Due to the fact its increasingly getting more expensive to run a full show, the regulations and so forth, we can sustain a full show in 2019 but after that depending on how we do justifys what I decide but, I can assure you if 2019 is the last full blown show, from 2020 the show will carry on but in a different aviation direction - more so as a mass Fly In ie: arrivals & departures aswell as booked flypasts and anything else transiting so potentially I actually may gain out of it... but hey, that's my initial thoughts for the shows survival, which is the number one priority for me, and not let it slip away into the murky depths on forgotteness :)

I hope to put together a small booklet covering some highlights from the previous 19 events (being as we are achieveing show 20 next year) which will be available to purchase on showday.
Last edited by Oldtower on Fri 02 Nov 2018, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

Little annoying it clashes with Shuttleworth.

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Abingdon is the same date every year, are you sure Shuttleworth doesn't clash with Abingdon? :whistle: :grin:

Mr OAG

Post by Mr OAG »

Oldtower wrote:

Details are on our website http://www.abingdonairancountry.co.uk, and the admission prices are the same as 2018's so no changes.

......Bit of a typing error there Oldtower,the website should read www.abingdonairandcountry.co.uk :wink:

(you missed the "d" out from "and"....just helping make sure people know where to go for all the latest news as it happens)
Abingdon Air & Country Show
www.abingdonairandcountry.co.uk

Oxfordshire Aviation Group

Oldtower

Post by Oldtower »

Mr OAG wrote:
Oldtower wrote:

Details are on our website http://www.abingdonairancountry.co.uk, and the admission prices are the same as 2018's so no changes.

......Bit of a typing error there Oldtower,the website should read http://www.abingdonairandcountry.co.uk :wink:

(you missed the "d" out from "and"....just helping make sure people know where to go for all the latest news as it happens)

Cheers for that - tiredness I blame :)

We apart from one year have always been the first early May bank holiday. Its up to Shuttleworth if they choose that weekend (who put on multiple events per year).

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oldtower wrote:We apart from one year have always been the first early May bank holiday. Its up to Shuttleworth if they choose that weekend (who put on multiple events per year).

A bit of a silly comment. They've been holding Flying displays on the first Sunday of the month at Old Warden for well over 40 years. :roll:

Oldtower

Post by Oldtower »

Mike wrote:
Oldtower wrote:We apart from one year have always been the first early May bank holiday. Its up to Shuttleworth if they choose that weekend (who put on multiple events per year).

A bit of a silly comment. They've been holding Flying displays on the first Sunday of the month at Old Warden for well over 40 years. :roll:

To be honest I thought they didn't - but hey ho and thanks for telling me as I think I got confused with Duxford as I know they held a few on the same Sunday going back a few years.

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

cg_341 wrote:Abingdon is the same date every year, are you sure Shuttleworth doesn't clash with Abingdon? :whistle: :grin:

Shuttleworth have had a Spring Airshow for a very, very long time now. But whichever way it is, it's annoying when so many weekends are free on the airshow year and so many clash. It's not just Abingdon and Shuttleworth.

I'd like to support the show, but Shuttleworth is closer for me.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

'Aerosuperbatic Wingwalkers' 3 ship, 'The Fireflies' and P-47 confirmed. :clap:

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Abbo46 wrote:'Aerosuperbatic Wingwalkers' 3 ship, 'The Fireflies' and P-47 confirmed. :clap:

Chuffed with the P47...

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Wingwalker 3 ship is a bit rare as well, normally it's pairs or 4 ship display.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

I'm yet to see the P47, looks like i may be going.
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Shaping up nicely, added today are Yak-3, Fourier RF-4, Beech 18, little and large Extra duo and a para team jumping out of a DC-3 Dakota.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Shaping up well, nice! :clap:

For those interested, the DC-3 is Andrew Dixons' aircraft, can't quite remember whether that's the Dunsfold based aircraft.

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

Wow that is a great lineup. Top marks.

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

For those interested, the DC-3 is Andrew Dixons' aircraft, can't quite remember whether that's the Dunsfold based aircraft.

yep its based at Dunsfold it says on facebook might have new scheme which will be good as the old one was very tired.
Thomas

Mike

Post by Mike »

It's still owned by Mike Woodley (Aces High) I believe.

It received a new scheme last year for filming 'Catch 22', but I assume it will receive D-Day stripes at some point in advance of this summer's festivities.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Further update this evening: Fairchild Argus, P-51D 'Miss Helen', Gazelle Duo & Twister confirmed for the flying programme. :clap:

Dakota cancelled.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

AeroSparx Grob 109b solo/pair display added! They'll be participating in the night shoot, too
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Oldtower

Post by Oldtower »

Updated list for you from us aircraft wise:

Flying (& static):

P51 Mustang 'Miss Helen'
Muscle Pitts (racing a high performance car as per 2018)
The Fireflies Display Team
Gazelle Pair
Boeing Stearman Wingwalkers x2 (3?)
SF260 Marchetti
P47 Thunderbolt 'Nellie'
Solo Twister
Extra 300 'Little & Large'
Jump4Heroes Parachute Team (drop-ship is AN2)
Fairchild Argus
Beech 18
Fournier RF-4 Motorglider
North American Yale
Grob 109 'Aerosparx' team
Yakolev YAK -3U

Added is the Historic Army Aircraft Flight 4 ship of Beaver / Sioux/ Scout and Auster, and two RAF displays (non-jet) have been allocated and will be know publicly soon (once paperwork has been seen/signed!).
It is hoped also for a RAF 'Heavy type' for a flypast - ongoing.

Static aircraft: The Fly In is building up with a smattering of GA types, amongst others are the Westland Wasp, Sud Allouette II & TBC the return of an RAF Lockheed Martin C.130 Hercules.

Nightshoot Saturday 4th May: Yak 50, Auster, Grob 109 'Aerosparx' which will be lit up, Wasp, Beech 18 and weather permitting a few Hot Air Ballooons so far - more details via the website http://www.abingdonairandcountry.co.uk, or the show facebook page (type in Abingdonairandcountry).

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

An update from the show's Facebook page:

Aircraft update: The 'Fly In' aircraft section are producing some nice aircraft for you to see, the already announced Westland Wasp and Sud Allouette II helicopters are to be joined by a Boeing Stearman, Spitfire Mk26b, 2x Yak 52s, Chipmunk x2, Bulldog, Hawker Hurricane Mk1, Gazelle, Vans RV-4, Renegade Sprit 912 Biplane, Beagle Terrier x2, CJ6 Nangchang, Auster x2 to name some of the 60 types expected. The Royal Air Force have confirmed the RAF C130J Hercules for static too but unfortunetly again the planned Westland Puma cancelled out.
Don't forget just about all the Flying Display items will be on static display too.
Flying Display wise, two remaining items to announce are from the Royal Air Force and pleased they are supporting us with a Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Spitfire for flypasts, and in its final year of service the debut of the solo Tucano from No. 72 Squadron, based at RAF Linton on Ouse.
We are still not ruling out a flypast or two from a 'heavy transport / tanker aircraft from nearby RAF Brize Norton.

People often ask as to why Military participation is thin on the ground these days and the simple answer is:
A: there isn't the assets (aircraft) around these days to support shows,
B: what assets the Military do have to display has to be shared around other shows around the UK through the airshow season.
C: To gain some Army vehicles from the Barracks, we have to follow a process and pay for them!
D: Also, privately owned ex military types especially are very expensive.

It is increasingly difficult also to attract modern military aircraft mainly due to operational reasons, unlike 10 years ago when it was alittle easier and more types were around and its generally much harder to organise a full blown show with an air display in todays climate with a raft of safety implications to follow (in our case once again both Honeybottom Lane & Blackhorse Lane will be closed on the day).
Please do come along to the show this year as from 2020 there will be changes within the show format to keep it affordable to run :)

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Please do come along to the show this year as from 2020 there will be changes within the show format to keep it affordable to run :)[/quote][/quote]
Would that be a 'Rebranding Exercise'? Hereafter to become "Abingdon Country show 2020...with a badass fly-in" :wink:

Mr OAG

Post by Mr OAG »

Stagger2 wrote:Please do come along to the show this year as from 2020 there will be changes within the show format to keep it affordable to run :)
[/quote]
Would that be a 'Rebranding Exercise'? Hereafter to become "Abingdon Country show 2020...with a badass fly-in" :wink:[/quote]

.....Who knows,but if that's what it takes to keep the event viable enough to continue then so be it
At least they're being proactive and forward thinking enough to try and keep it going instead of just throwing in the towel and giving up :clap: :clap:
Abingdon Air & Country Show
www.abingdonairandcountry.co.uk

Oxfordshire Aviation Group