City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Sat 15th Dec 2018

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
SuffolkBlue

City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Sat 15th Dec 2018

Post by SuffolkBlue »

I braved the City of Norwich Aviation Museum on Saturday before the full Storm Deirdre came through the area. The wind was blowing a gale across the site and I'm surprised I managed to get any pictures in focus due to the shaking hands!

This was the first time I had visited the museum since the northern Norwich bypass was built and although it's now cut off from the airport and left a wedge sized area of land for the aircraft to be displayed in, I think this will give them much more exposure and be a long term benefit to the museum.

Cessna 401A - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

Piper PA-23-250 Aztec - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

Morane Saulnier 880B Rallye Club - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

Fokker F27-600P Friendship - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

Fokker F27-600P Friendship & Handley Page Dart Herald 211 - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

SEPECAT Jaguar GR1 - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

Hawker Siddeley Nimrod MR2P - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

Hawker Hunter F51 - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

Lockheed T-33A Shooting Star - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

Hawker Siddeley Harrier T4N - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

Gloster Meteor F8 - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

Westland Whirlwind HAR10 - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

British Aircraft Corporation Lightning F53 - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

Fokker F27-200 Friendship - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

Fokker F27-200 Friendship - City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Horsham St. Faith, Norwich, Saturday 15th December 2018 by Chris Day, on Flickr

More can be found on my Flickr account
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96555212@ ... 603179124/

Thanks for looking

wallace

Re: City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Sat 15th Dec 2018

Post by wallace »

I like the tinsel on the jaguar's pitot tube, very seasonal.

Nice selection of pictures you have there, reminds me that another visit is needed to catch the new F27 and the complete Harrier.

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

I was going to ask when G-BCDN arrived. Assume just the fuselage will make a nice walk through exhibit.

jag636

Post by jag636 »

I had the pleasure of a visit early on this yea, and was suitably impressed with the collection and the vision of those who are running i, I can recommend it to anyone who likes a good cross section of history :smile:
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history

redbearing

Post by redbearing »

Some interesting stuff, including my old Cessna 401, ex N401XX, it was bought from Miami executive ferried from Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Washington, Long Island, eventually Goose Bay, Greenland, Iceland, Inverness, and eventually Norwich, I may have missed a few out, big powerful, but short legged (same size fuel tanks as the Cessna 310 series but with much bigger engines). Should have never sold it, bought by an idiot who ruined it by not paying his mortgage on the aircraft, thus it fell into dispute and was grounded for ever!,,