F-104 Starfighters Aerospace at Kennedy Space Center Florida

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
sovietjet

F-104 Starfighters Aerospace at Kennedy Space Center Florida

Post by sovietjet »

Inside the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, one can find eight F-104s in immaculate condition. Not all are airworthy but it is still an impressive sight. During my visit, there were no flights planned. The guys at Starfighters Aerospace were nice enough to pull out one of the F-104s, I chose the black one. Weather was very variable, I waited about 30 minutes for a passing rain shower but it actually ended up working in my favor. It is difficult to see these birds in the air, as they don't fly often and don't make any public appearances at the moment. So, maybe sometime in the future I hope to see them in action. The hangar is also shared with a few of NASA's Hueys.

ImageLockheed TF-104G Starfighter N991SF Starfighters Aerospace by Ivan Voukadinov, on Flickr

ImageLockheed TF-104G Starfighter N991SF Starfighters Aerospace by Ivan Voukadinov, on Flickr

ImageLockheed CF-104D Starfighter N104RB Starfighters Aerospace by Ivan Voukadinov, on Flickr

ImageLockheed TF-104G Starfighter N990SF Starfighters Aerospace by Ivan Voukadinov, on Flickr

ImageLockheed CF-104G N104RN and F-104S N993SF Starfighters Aerospace by Ivan Voukadinov, on Flickr

ImageLockheed F-104S N993SF Starfighters Aerospace by Ivan Voukadinov, on Flickr

ImageLockheed CF-104G N104RD Starfighters Aerospace by Ivan Voukadinov, on Flickr

ImageLockheed TF-104G N992SF Starfighters Aerospace by Ivan Voukadinov, on Flickr

ImageLockheed CF-104G N104RN and F-104S N993SF Starfighters Aerospace by Ivan Voukadinov, on Flickr

ImageLockheed CF-104G Starfighter N104RN Starfighters Aerospace by Ivan Voukadinov, on Flickr

ImageBell UH-1H Huey II N416NA NASA by Ivan Voukadinov, on Flickr
Ivan Voukadinov

BigClick67

Re: F-104 Starfighters Aerospace at Kennedy Space Center Flo

Post by BigClick67 »

:love: Great stuff! I didn't know that they have that many Starfighters, amazing!
btw, what is 'KANON'? N104RN: are you sure that this is a CF-104G? Never heard of such a variant... Image 13 shows two Starfighters at the far end of the hangar in the upper right corner, the right one in white pointing its grey nose to the camera. Which one is that, please?
Thank you for sharing these rarities with us! :clap:

MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

BigClick67 wrote:....
btw, what is 'KANON'? ............

Company sponsor see http://warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-news/black-starfighter.html

Great photos ... looks good in matt black .... I didn't realise they operated so many

rf104g

Post by rf104g »

Nice to see them still looking so good :clap:
In picture 13 is 57-1296, N65354, F-104B ex RJAF 901/B

Gr Ronald

sovietjet

Post by sovietjet »

BigClick67 wrote::love: Great stuff! I didn't know that they have that many Starfighters, amazing!
btw, what is 'KANON'? N104RN: are you sure that this is a CF-104G? Never heard of such a variant... Image 13 shows two Starfighters at the far end of the hangar in the upper right corner, the right one in white pointing its grey nose to the camera. Which one is that, please?

N104RN is listed as such in FAA database, I don't know much about F-104 versions so I just copied from there

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquir ... rtxt=104RN

In image 13, that grey one in the back had no visible registration so I don't know it.
Ivan Voukadinov

effects

Post by effects »

sovietjet wrote:
BigClick67 wrote::love: Great stuff! I didn't know that they have that many Starfighters, amazing!

N104RN is listed as such in FAA database, I don't know much about F-104 versions so I just copied from there

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquir ... rtxt=104RN

In image 13, that grey one in the back had no visible registration so I don't know it.

Canadian designation.
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

andrewn

Post by andrewn »

Really nice - I'm going there in March so be good to take a look for myself. How did you get to them, can you just drive or walk up from KSC?

sovietjet

Post by sovietjet »

andrewn wrote:Really nice - I'm going there in March so be good to take a look for myself. How did you get to them, can you just drive or walk up from KSC?

No, KSC is a secure facility. I contacted them beforehand, so I suggest you contact them and work out these logistics.
Ivan Voukadinov

CJS

Post by CJS »

How often do these actually ever fly? I always thought the one in Norway was the only flying one!
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

sovietjet

Post by sovietjet »

CJS wrote:How often do these actually ever fly? I always thought the one in Norway was the only flying one!

It is sporadic, and depends on whatever needs they have. I'd estimate at least once a month.
Ivan Voukadinov

Sid-104

Post by Sid-104 »

Do they still take part at airshow in the local area? I'm not sure on this but I think Titusville and Daytona beach have been venues, even after they took on the present work contract.

Sid.

sovietjet

Post by sovietjet »

Sid-104 wrote:Do they still take part at airshow in the local area? I'm not sure on this but I think Titusville and Daytona beach have been venues, even after they took on the present work contract.

Sid.

They no longer fly at the airshows
Ivan Voukadinov

andy759

Post by andy759 »

I was lucky enough to see them at Mc dill airfest in 2018 , three aircraft formation one of the high lights for me
andy
p,s hope you don't mind me gate crashing with a pic

Imagemcdill 017 by andy 759, on Flickr

Danny

Post by Danny »

Thanks for posting these - it must have been awe-inspiring being amongst all those!
"Can you believe it? Chelsea will just not let go in the Champions League!"

warferry

Post by warferry »

3 in the air at Andrews arshow 2008.
ImageAndrews AFB May 08 by warferry, on Flickr

wallace

Post by wallace »

Wow, good to know that more are around.

A beautiful set of photos Ivan, there can't be that many out there that are not a wee touch jealous :)