Nikon D850

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
Airshowhammer

Nikon D850

Post by Airshowhammer »

So i’ve finally managed to save up enough for this bad boy and have opted on this over the D500 was wondering if its best to purchase through Jessops due to warranty and it not being a ‘grey import’ or is there better ways to go about purchasing this?

helired3

Re: Nikon D850

Post by helired3 »

i have been looking at the 850 for a while now. i have the 750 and went for a grey import my reason was the amount i saved would more than pay for a repair in the event of a problem. My 750 fell into the second recall batch for a shutter replacement i have to say cant fault Nikon UK service. all done free within 10 days and cleaned & serviced with an apology note on return.
Last edited by helired3 on Sun 06 Jan 2019, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Harris https://www.flickr.com/photos/ian_harrisuk/

Nikon D750
Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm pf
Nikon 300mm pf

Weather Watcher

Post by Weather Watcher »

A number of shops have a £450 trade in bonus available until 31st January, if you have a suitable old camera available. I don't think Jessops offer this.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Thanks for you information folks, has anyone had any experience purchasing from Panamoz? I see it isn’t UK stock so UK Nikon warranty doesn’t apply. But it does state it has a 3 year warranty which you can take to any Nikon UK service centre at the companys cost. Worth the plunge?

MUSTANG

Post by MUSTANG »

Used Panamoz to buy my 7D Mk2 & 100-400mm Mk2 (couple of years ago) and never had a problem...recently have used E-Infinity and they were very good (supply photo of item before packing & parcel before shipping).

Peter

Alan425

Post by Alan425 »

I have also used Panamoz to buy Nikon gear in the past without any issues.

They seem to get good reviews and as you say offer their own warranty scheme.

I have also used HDEW but they no longer seem to sell Nikon gear!

Alan

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

I’ve just purchased the D850 with 24-120mm lens through Panamoz. 3 year warranty and they will pay for any repairs. My wallet ouch.

John_E

Post by John_E »

Bought my D810 from Panamoz. 2 1/2 years later it died on me. I sent it to Nikon for a quote then emailed the quote to Panamoz who sent me the quoted amount via PayPal within 15 mins. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Thanks for the reassurance, been an anxious wreck since I bought it thinking will it be a fake? But have seen really good reviews!