Northolt Night Photoshoot XXVI 14th March 2019

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Avionics6

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot XXVI 14th March 2019

Post by Avionics6 »

Thanks.... I didn't get it/haven't got it.
Thanks. Oh well

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

ZH883 C-130J inbound.

Avionics6

Post by Avionics6 »

Not a bad evening at all... the wind died down, the rain held off and the most was made of the subjects at hand. Thanks guys... glad I was there.

Aviation Highlights

Post by Aviation Highlights »

LIkewise! My first time tonight and I loved it despite the cancellations! Fantastic photo opportunities and extremely well done. Thanks to all involved, I’ll anticipate being at the next one!

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

As always, big thank you to Phil and the organising team at Northolt for letting us on... The Alouette cannot be sniffed at, whatever the weather and they brought along some nice patches and other merch. Fair play to them for making the hop. The Hercules was nice and imposing, and was marshalled well to enable a good head on shot and a decent broadside to get the tail colours in full. The grey BAe-146 was also well parked. It was at the normally 'dark end' of the pan, but this time it wasn't actually too dark down there. So fair play all round - still a good footfall by the looks of it.

Cheers everyone :up: :up:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

frank

Post by frank »

Avionics6 wrote:Has a message been sent to those attending. I've already arrived in the area so will still attend, but haven't been advised of any alterations... presumably some have ?

I had given Northolt my home number rather than mobile so it wouldn't have been possible to text. Amazingly they actually phoned me and left a message on my answer phone about reduced aircraft attendance. Now you tell me any event or organisation would have taken the trouble to do that. Many thanks to Phil and the team for just outstanding efforts to keep us up to date.
:clap: :clap:

Avionics6

Post by Avionics6 »

frank wrote:
Avionics6 wrote:Has a message been sent to those attending. I've already arrived in the area so will still attend, but haven't been advised of any alterations... presumably some have ?

I had given Northolt my home number rather than mobile so it wouldn't have been possible to text. Amazingly they actually phoned me and left a message on my answer phone about reduced aircraft attendance. Now you tell me any event or organisation would have taken the trouble to do that. Many thanks to Phil and the team for just outstanding efforts to keep us up to date.

Completely agree Frank. Actually glad I didn't receive the message actually; 'twas rather a good evening (once we got over by the hangars and out of that chill wind that seemed to blow through whilst we waited in the car park Brrrrrrr) :smile:

Rick

Post by Rick »

frank wrote:

Got a text from Phil & Co yesterday afternoon,was good for them to let us know :clap:
Slackers of the World unite !
Tomorrow.

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Amazingly they actually phoned me and left a message on my answer phone about reduced aircraft attendance. Now you tell me any event or organisation would have taken the trouble to do that. Many thanks to Phil and the team for just outstanding efforts to keep us up to date.

I agree entirely - certainly beyond expectation and I passed my thanks to Phil when I saw him. A very nice gesture, and a good evening all round. And that car park area was certainly blowy!

Andy :smile:

Avionics6

Post by Avionics6 »

One though that strikes me is that whilst there was less on the ramp, I still missed some opportunities. One example was as I crouched down to photograph the air ambulances in the hangar ... to then be told (just as I'd knelt down) that they were bringing the Allouette in so would I mind moving out of the way..? Of course (wish I'd be asked before I got down :lol: I'm not as young as I used to be) so I wondered off to photograph the 146 I think... and forgot to come back. The A109 arrived and I thought no more of it - then noticed that the hangar doors had been closed. So opportunity to snap the MD900s lost. My fault.
BUT.... the one that i really wished i'd got - did anyone snap the overflying Chinook as it passed right in front of the moon? Oh, how I let out a groan as I saw that (as did a few others stood near me) .... blimey - amazing. One has to laugh :lol:
so... did anyone get the Chinook?

D90Man

Post by D90Man »

In my eyes!! :biggrin: No way I was going to get the camera settings changed in time...
"Sharpness is in the eye of the holder"
More at http://www.planephotos.org.uk

alisdairanderson

Post by alisdairanderson »

Having seen the photos of the C130, did it depart during the evening, or were the props 'spinning' just for the cameras (i.e. have the Northolt staff relaxed the 'no props' position?)

Cheers
Alisdair

D90Man

Post by D90Man »

Departed...
"Sharpness is in the eye of the holder"
More at http://www.planephotos.org.uk

McG

Post by McG »

alisdairanderson wrote:Having seen the photos of the C130, did it depart during the evening, or were the props 'spinning' just for the cameras (i.e. have the Northolt staff relaxed the 'no props' position?)

Cheers
Alisdair

The Herc departed around 9pm. Was a good way for the event to finish.

Frogfoot

Post by Frogfoot »

Thank you to Phil and the team for another enjoyable evening. It was a shame about the cancellations, but I appreciated the text message beforehand. Meeting the Alouette crew on the Tube afterwards was quite an amusing experience - I hope they return again soon!

Aviation Highlights

Hi guys,
What was the registration of the Alouette?
Thanks in advance.

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

M-3 IIRC

Aviation Highlights

Blackbird wrote:M-3 IIRC

Lovely, thanks Andy!

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Aviation Highlights wrote:Lovely, thanks Andy!

Just seen your post on Instagram, he was saying the serial is M-3, IIRC means if I remember correctly. :up:

Aviation Highlights

Tmyers123 wrote:
Aviation Highlights wrote:Lovely, thanks Andy!

Just seen your post on Instagram, he was saying the serial is M-3, IIRC means if I remember correctly. :up:

Gosh, what an awful mistake, thanks for letting me know!

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Aviation Highlights wrote:Gosh, what an awful mistake, thanks for letting me know!

No worries.