Flikr access

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
lambo17841

Flikr access

Post by lambo17841 »

Unable to login using pc or tablet,help not answering.Any suggestions,glad I did not go to the pro invite.

John in Seaford

Lumix

Re: Flickr access

Post by Lumix »

Had the same problem a couple of days ago. Updated the App and all OK again.

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Have down loaded app.Try to log in with yahoo account but just get message incorrect password !
That was my yahoo account log in as instructed but no progress.
Thanks for advice.
John

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Flickr help work business hours, Pacific Time, I believe.

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Got access in the end ,as they were sending emails or so they said that were not arriving,
in the end got one with a tempory password link so managed to log in eventually.
Once customer services answered they were a great help and the same person stayed in contact till I managed to get things sorted.

John

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Locked out again,this is becoming silly,was thinking over going pro but now have my doubts as customer service does not seem to be helping. at all unless they do not work weekends.
Sent enquiry using hotmail response no return email,sent one using yahoo email and got a computer response ,strange to say the least as they say they do not fecognise yahoo anymore.Anybody else getting the same problems logging on?

John

jonny7

Post by jonny7 »

I have the exact same problem, I also opted to use the free 1000 only image site. I left mine open , so as to use without signing on.(Got locked out)
When I came to sign in they kept saying use Chrome, so downloaded it and went to sign on, no joy as the password was not good. Got a new pass word went back and the same thing happens. I've down loaded Chrome more times than I have had hot dinner..ha,ha...

The are just being R.Soles and Co.Ltd...because we didn't go pro. Best thing is just to wait and see if a new host site will pop up.
I'm not bothering, as its quite refreshing not to get involved in the daily or weekly, "Look at My Photos" kind of game. Just store them on an external source. I use twitter to put out any shots, its different but there is a lot of interest in the site...
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

It's got naff all to do with being a pro user or not.

You HAVE to sign in to be able to upload photos, otherwise how to do they know who's uploading what? What I have noticed is that the username/email field is case sensitive in some cases, so you may need to be wary of that.

jonny7

Post by jonny7 »

cg_341 wrote:It's got naff all to do with being a pro user or not.

You HAVE to sign in to be able to upload photos, otherwise how to do they know who's uploading what? What I have noticed is that the username/email field is case sensitive in some cases, so you may need to be wary of that.

You don't know for certain your comment is true, as you don't have the problem , you are quoting from your 6-o-clock :smile: .I have done my utmost to sign in, and if you read my post , you will read that I left it open...but they closed it down. :-X
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

I did read your post and I'm telling you you are wrong. You can't "leave it open" so that you can upload photos and NOT be logged in. Presumably you were already logged in and your details saved.

When I tried to log in to Flickr on my work laptop it said wrong username/password. Eventually I worked out this was because my email address includes capital letters that I wasn't capitalising (because it's normal not to!) - I have reported this as a bug to Flickr.

So, if your problem is logging in and you are sure your email address is right - have you considered the possibility that you may have had capital letters in it?

If your problem is that your password is wrong - then just reset it.

Again, being pro or not makes no difference.

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Have tried to reset password but nothing comes back to my email that Flikr set up for me.
Yahoo was not recognised so changed to my hotmail email which they changed to be my primary account,sent me a temporary password which I changed to my own as they told me to.This worked for a day now told invalid.Customer services do not answer,was thinking of going pro but not until they sort the problems out.Looking on their facebook page even pro users cannot access their accounts.

John in Seaford

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

Mines been fine in terms of access etc. However, I have noticed that the number of views has dropped considerably from the levels I was getting before the move away from Yahoo...

Dan

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Talldan76 wrote:Mines been fine in terms of access etc. However, I have noticed that the number of views has dropped considerably from the levels I was getting before the move away from Yahoo...

Dan

Probably related to the number of users they've driven away with the change of policy on free accounts.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Got a answer from support so will report progress if I get to log in.
Looks like support does not work at the weekend.

John

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Managed to log in after eventually getting help from customer services.
Seems the new password was not accepted even though it ticked all the boxes when setting up,tried another which seems to work.

John in Seaford

jonny7

Post by jonny7 »

lambo17841 wrote:Managed to log in after eventually getting help from customer services.
Seems the new password was not accepted even though it ticked all the boxes when setting up,tried another which seems to work.

John in Seaford

Funny, they must be giving me , you and thousands of others a rest(for a while).As I did the exact same thing...(Again) and it let me in...
I'll let you know when it all goes wrong again...(Sick effing T***s) are probably just playing cat and mouse, and are on some kind of break for the minute :wall: :dummy: :yahoo: