Newark Air Museum, Night shoot

Newark Air Museum, Night shoot

Postby arsenaltillidie on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 9:59 pm

Hi all, Just a selection of shots of the Jaguar and Buccaneer from the night shoot

Sepecat Jaguar T.2A XX829

Image3Q0A2144 by daniel kennedy, on Flickr

Image3Q0A2164 by daniel kennedy, on Flickr

Image3Q0A2237 by daniel kennedy, on Flickr

Image3Q0A2259 by daniel kennedy, on Flickr

Image3Q0A2262 by daniel kennedy, on Flickr

Image3Q0A2271 by daniel kennedy, on Flickr

Image3Q0A2279 by daniel kennedy, on Flickr

Blackburn Buccaneer S.1 XN964
Image3Q0A2305 by daniel kennedy, on Flickr

Image3Q0A2309 by daniel kennedy, on Flickr

Image3Q0A2325 by daniel kennedy, on Flickr

Image3Q0A2328 by daniel kennedy, on Flickr

Thanks for looking
arsenaltillidie

Re: Newark Air Museum, Night shoot

Postby NAM Updater on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 7:45 am

Nice to see these from our event at the weekend, thank you for attending!
Howard Heeley - Newark Air Museum Trustee
26 & 27 October 2019 - Autumn 1940s Weekend
http://newarkairmuseum.org
NAM Updater

Postby arsenaltillidie on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 6:46 pm

NAM Updater wrote:Nice to see these from our event at the weekend, thank you for attending!

A big well done to you and the team, Great shoot and very well organised
arsenaltillidie

Postby HeyfordDave111 on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 7:33 pm

arsenaltillidie wrote:
NAM Updater wrote:Nice to see these from our event at the weekend, thank you for attending!

A big well done to you and the team, Great shoot and very well organised

yup, thoguht it a great shoot. cannot factor in the cold biting wind and bit of rain, but all in all very good.

maybe a bit of backlighting next time? or barrier removal around aircraft that are lit?
do any of the aircraft have working nav / landing lights at all, as that would have been a fantastic adition?
Got to love Russianhardware
HeyfordDave111

Postby NAM Updater on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 7:59 pm

Thank you for the further comments, which I will share with everyone in the debriefing session that we have planned.

Our last night shoot was in 2013 and local conditions have changed a bit since then. In the two evening recces that I did there was more ambient light for the two motor auction compounds and their lighting stanchions, so layout/choice of aircraft was in part based on that expectation - on Saturday most of the lights were switched off! What I had also missed we the distant neon garage signs on the A1/A46 roundabout complex!

The tower cranes just off the western end of our site were erected after the date was selected and are currently subject to a retrospective planning application; not sure what the future holds for them!!

The weather played a small part in proceedings, not least by us having to decide not to bring the Bulldog out and thereby going to plan B and using the Lightning, which seemed to be rather popular.

On more specifics, I thought most roped areas were removed for the selected aircraft, but apologies if any were missed. Very few have active landing lights, although the Cessna 310 was rigged with some for its session, including cabin lighting. The Vulcan can have its light operating but it is currently undergoing in-depth restoration and was not selected for an individual special session.

There are other things that we know need improving, but having been involved in a lot of the admission work for the event I felt reasonably satisfied with our first foray back into night shoots at Newark Air Museum.

Keep the photos coming everyone; I'm really impressed by the range and quality of the photos that were taken, by some very talented photographers!
NAM Updater

Postby arsenaltillidie on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 8:22 pm

NAM Updater wrote:Thank you for the further comments, which I will share with everyone in the debriefing session that we have planned.

Our last night shoot was in 2013 and local conditions have changed a bit since then. In the two evening recces that I did there was more ambient light for the two motor auction compounds and their lighting stanchions, so layout/choice of aircraft was in part based on that expectation - on Saturday most of the lights were switched off! What I had also missed we the distant neon garage signs on the A1/A46 roundabout complex!

The tower cranes just off the western end of our site were erected after the date was selected and are currently subject to a retrospective planning application; not sure what the future holds for them!!

The weather played a small part in proceedings, not least by us having to decide not to bring the Bulldog out and thereby going to plan B and using the Lightning, which seemed to be rather popular.

On more specifics, I thought most roped areas were removed for the selected aircraft, but apologies if any were missed. Very few have active landing lights, although the Cessna 310 was rigged with some for its session, including cabin lighting. The Vulcan can have its light operating but it is currently undergoing in-depth restoration and was not selected for an individual special session.

There are other things that we know need improving, but having been involved in a lot of the admission work for the event I felt reasonably satisfied with our first foray back into night shoots at Newark Air Museum.

Keep the photos coming everyone; I'm really impressed by the range and quality of the photos that were taken, by some very talented photographers!

Some very good points and questions raised, I felt the shoot on a whole was fantastic. As i said it was very organised from the start with all the staff being very polite and professional. On a personal opinion, I think plan B worked out better with the lightning.

It sounds like a awful lot of thought went into the layout from reading your comment, I will be keeping a eye out for future night shoots

Will there be another this year or will it strictly be one per year
arsenaltillidie

Postby NAM Updater on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 8:44 pm

Thanks again for your comments; it's also worth remembering that other people at NAM put in more work than me on the ground, before, during and after the event, working within the limitations of our site.

As for future event, still to be decided whether we go for another this year we have a busy schedule of other events that may have an impact, but we'll have to wait and see. http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/2019_Special-Events

Also, anyone on the mailing list that se re-established post-GDPR will get advanced notification if we decide to go again in the autumn!

http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Night-Shoot-Thank-You_19 :ninja:
NAM Updater

Postby jag636 on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 6:00 pm

This shows how I've not been looking at the forums, though thanks for the feedback we will try to do better next time, aaah now then what can we do for next time, you'll have to wait and see we have some ideas in the pipeline :smile:
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history
jag636

Postby RAF4EVER on Mon 07 Oct 2019, 12:14 pm

Nice pics,but in my opinion, spoilt by the Re-Enactors. :smile:
RAF4EVER

Return to Warbird & Classic Jet Photos