TFC's P47 roll out from Phil W

Re: TFC's P47 roll out from Phil W

Postby Corsair on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 2:10 pm

timuss wrote:
Corsair wrote:
timuss wrote:
Corsair wrote:
timuss wrote:How close is it to test flights etc.. then?

Think September has been metioned for engine runs :smile:
Guy

Legends 2012 debut then :grin:

Looks that way, should be on static at this years event, think the flight line walk will be busy :biggrin:
Guy

Yeah can't wait :rock: :drool:

Legends 2012 in formation with Jerry yagens Mosquito!!! lol!

That would be something to see!! lol
Guy
Fujifilm HS2O EXR
Casio Exlim High Speed
Corsair

Postby phreakf4 on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 12:08 pm

st24 wrote:I've just posted this on the Legends thread and feel I must do same here...
Oh...my....God.... That is truly gorgous. Tempted to say its looking even better that "no guts no Glory"..
Warbird of the year. No contest.

A rare occurrence indeed when st24 and I are in complete agreement!

In my opinion the P-47 always looks better in camouflage and the "Razorback" is much better looking than the "bubble canopy" version.

The chances of me attending Legends this year have just increased from 95% to 99%. About the only thing that might prevent me going would be conditions similar to RIAT 2008!
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....
phreakf4

Postby st24 on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:04 pm

phreakf4 wrote:
st24 wrote:I've just posted this on the Legends thread and feel I must do same here...
Oh...my....God.... That is truly gorgous. Tempted to say its looking even better that "no guts no Glory"..
Warbird of the year. No contest.

A rare occurrence indeed when st24 and I are in complete agreement!

:love: :kiss:

phreakf4 wrote:[About the only thing that might prevent me going would be conditions similar to RIAT 2008!

Oddly enough of course, Duxford sufered the same weekend's weather as Fairford in 2008 but Legends went ahead as planned. Then again, Duxford doesn't need fleets of sponsor's and contractor's 4x4s tearing up the showground... :whistle:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby Duxfordian on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 4:08 pm

Had a good look at this the other day - its a lovely restoration. Shame it wont be in the sky at Legends though, not in 2011 anyway. :sad:
Duxfordian

Previous

Return to Warbird & Classic Jet Photos