Muzeul National al Aviatiei Romane - Bucharest

Muzeul National al Aviatiei Romane - Bucharest

Postby Dysko on Sun 13 Oct 2019, 2:47 pm

The day after the Bucharest International Air Show I took the chance to visit the Romanian capital city. After seeing the huge Palace of the Parliament and the Old Town, I visited the National Romanian Aviation Museum, located on the site of the old Bucharest Pipera airport, now a business district.

Mil Mi-8 "Hip" that seems to be carrying external fuel pods based on the MiG-21's ones.

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Sniper, proposal of a Israeli-updated variant of the MiG-29. The MiG-21 LanceR update was chosen instead, and this one is the only MiG-29 brought to Sniper standard.

IAR 93 Vultur ground attack aircraft

Yakovlev Yak-23 "Flora"

MiG-15 "Fagot"

MiG-17 "Fresco"

MiG-19PM "Farmer-E", equipedd with a radar on the nose for beam-riding missiles

Reconnaissance MiG-21R "Fishbed-H", recognizable by the wingtip pods.

"First generation" MiG-21F-13 "Fishbed-C", recognizable by the smaller "spine" compared with later variants

Aero L-29 Delfin "Maya"

Aero L-39 Albatros

IAR 823, training and general aviation 4-seater, comparable to retractable-gear versions of the PA-28.

Zlin Z.526F Trener

IS-28 motor glider

The only IAR 828 agricultural plane ever built, conversion of a piston-engined aircraft

Britten-Norman Islander

Full-scale replica of the Vuia I, built in 1905 by Romanian pioneer Traian Vuia and one of the first airplanes with wheeled landing gear

IAR 80 replica built according to original plans

The only IAR 317 Airfox (...I can hear you whistling the Airwolf theme!) ever built, anti-tank conversion of a IAR 316 Alouette III

IS-3 competition glider

Czechoslovak Aero 45 general aviation aircraft

Flight simulator

Ground control center
My aircraft spotting website: GolfVictorSpotting.it
Dysko

Return to Warbird & Classic Jet Photos