Friday Questions

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
farnboroughrob

Friday Questions

Post by farnboroughrob »

Hi I have been on Friday before, in 2018 , but that was a full show day, how will this year work? So I understand the green/ western end is out of bounds? Is that the entire area including the green crowd line, or just the area needed for movements? Is P&V west still acessable? I am hoping that the aircraft parked there will atleast be viewable from a distance? Will there already be aircraft parked there from the previous days or is Friday the only day for green zone arrivals? Very little information on the website so I thought I would ask the experts.

speedbird2639

Re: Friday Questions

Post by speedbird2639 »

Bob - when I went on a Friday the entire Western end of the showground was prohibited to public access. There is a line of barriers and personnel prohibiting you from going further.
https://www.airtattoo.com/files/headeri ... Friday.jpg

Presumably anything to be displayed in Blue/ Red zones arrives on Wed/ Thurs and then anything arriving on Friday goes into the green zone

There are no tickets offered for sale for either P&V on Friday so my guess would Western P&V is not accessible.

Edit; Just seen Peter's answer to this question on another thread
The footprint of Park and View West is part of the public showground on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. So if you enter via the Green Customer Entry Point, you're already in that area. (It will not be called Park and View, it is part of the show). On Saturday and Sunday, you'll be able to walk there from anywhere on the showground. On Friday, if you're parked in another car park, you'll need to use the shuttle bus which takes customers to/from the Green CEP to get down there, as the Green Zone is closed to visitors whilst we park up the last of the static display aircraft ready for the weekend show days. (You'll of course need a Friday ticket to enter).
Last edited by speedbird2639 on Sat 25 Jun 2022, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bodz156

Post by Bodz156 »

speedbird2639 wrote:
Sat 25 Jun 2022, 10:27 am
Bob - when I went on a Friday the entire Western end of the showground was prohibited to public access. There is a line of barriers and personnel prohibiting you from going further.
https://www.airtattoo.com/files/headeri ... Friday.jpg

Presumably anything to be displayed in Blue/ Red zones arrives on Wed/ Thurs and then anything arriving on Friday goes into the green zone

There are no tickets offered for sale for either P&V on Friday so my guess would Western P&V is not accessible.
Things that arrive on Weds/Thurs often end up in the Green zone too, because of size or maybe planned departure time on the Monday or just because it's being parked there as part of a theme. Jordanian C-130H for example is almost always in the green zone but is often one of the first arrivals on Wednesdays 🤷‍♂️

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Thanks for those, had missed that other post. Just looking forward to the smell of burnt jet fuel and being at a real airshow again.