Athens Flying Week '22

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
st24

Athens Flying Week '22

Post by st24 »

It was flippin hot ....
Last minute dot com decision to go as disappointed with iffy wx at Bucharest and dodgy forecasts for Dux/Sanicole/KB/Melun (which all came good I guess!)
Bizarre star was the Saudi AF demo team F-15C that flew the special Black/Green anniversary jet yesterday and a standard one today. Not trophy winning by any standards but after seeing 3 rehearsals on Friday, then a decent one on Sat, he totally nailed it today. Even the crowd rear finale wasn't flying through the stands and tents but actually over them! Great to see all the home team stuff though the AB-212ASW was a no show. Finally got to see a beautiful Greek Buckeye too so all good. Got to say Zeus, after several meh seasons really is a top notch F-16 demo now, great stuff. After a quick dash to the museum at Tatoi, spent today in a naughty field which was different....
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

W1lmaluvxx

Re: Athens Flying Week '22

Post by W1lmaluvxx »

Planning a trip there myself next year.hopefully the Saudi f15 will make a repeat visit

POD

Post by POD »

st24 wrote:
Sun 18 Sep 2022, 7:39 pm
It was flippin hot ....
Last minute dot com decision to go as disappointed with iffy wx at Bucharest and dodgy forecasts for Dux/Sanicole/KB/Melun (which all came good I guess!)
Bizarre star was the Saudi AF demo team F-15C that flew the special Black/Green anniversary jet yesterday and a standard one today. Not trophy winning by any standards but after seeing 3 rehearsals on Friday, then a decent one on Sat, he totally nailed it today. Even the crowd rear finale wasn't flying through the stands and tents but actually over them! Great to see all the home team stuff though the AB-212ASW was a no show. Finally got to see a beautiful Greek Buckeye too so all good. Got to say Zeus, after several meh seasons really is a top notch F-16 demo now, great stuff. After a quick dash to the museum at Tatoi, spent today in a naughty field which was different....
Was good to catch up with you...A Decent few days I thought ......
Tiger Tiger!

st24

Post by st24 »

POD wrote:
Sun 25 Sep 2022, 10:23 pm
st24 wrote:
Sun 18 Sep 2022, 7:39 pm
It was flippin hot ....
Was good to catch up with you...A Decent few days I thought ......
Yes,after all these years! Definitely a good few days Kev..
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Rob1309

Post by Rob1309 »

Anyone got a picture of the s/m Saudi.

W1lmaluvxx

Post by W1lmaluvxx »

Hi all,anyone know how to get tickets for this event please?

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

W1lmaluvxx wrote:
Tue 11 Oct 2022, 8:11 pm
Hi all,anyone know how to get tickets for this event please?
Got a time machine? :laughing:
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

W1lmaluvxx

Post by W1lmaluvxx »

Ah, I meant for next year

Mike

Post by Mike »