Bruntingthorpe 03/05/09

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
AdamN

Bruntingthorpe 03/05/09

Post by AdamN »

Nothing special, but a few from the open day today.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Bruntingthorpe 03/05/09

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Bucc shots are very nice. Only been to one taxi day, and the Bucc went tech.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

MrAngry2

Post by MrAngry2 »

Nice pics, no Victor shots :whistle:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardjudge/

Biggin Hill international cheese fair 2011 (TBC)

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Nice stuff mate, Bucc and Hunter shots are really neat :smile:

garethbrum

Post by garethbrum »

MrAngry2 wrote:Nice pics, no Victor shots :whistle:

I think that's what we're all waiting for - especially my Dad (who used to work on them) and a number of ex-Victor aircrew!!

That head-on Bucc shot is splendid.

AdamN

Post by AdamN »

Unfortunately we were told to refrain from posting photos/videos, so I don't really want to go against the wishes of the Bruntingthorpe team.
Last edited by AdamN on Sun 03 May 2009, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesv9820

Post by Jamesv9820 »

Its comments like this that really get to me. I was at the event today; If the organisers are telling you not to post pictures, then please respect their decision. They all work really hard to put these events on and I just find it disturbing that people will put shots into the public webspace (Via PM or posted on here, they will get out) which will get round and in-turn have massive implications. Do you just not get this? Or again do you not care? If you are an enthusiast perhaps you will think twice before spreading shots in the public eye....

I do feel sorry for this guys thread as his pictures are actually very good so well done. If you truley wanted to see the Victor, perhaps you should have parted with £15.00 (like the rest of us) to see it.

Yours,

Disgusted from Lincolnshire

AdamN wrote:Unfortunately we were told to refrain from posting photos/videos, so I don't really want to go against the wishes of the Bruntingthorpe team. A nicely worded PM and I might be able to sort something out for you, so long as I'm not totally swamped by them. :grin:

AdamN

Post by AdamN »

Fair enough, forget the PMs.

Jamesv9820

Post by Jamesv9820 »

Good. Please do not think I am having a go; I do however think the Mods need to have a stearner approach to this attitude - Fair play to them so far because its being policed as well as it can, however we all on this forum need to realise that it can be viewed by everyone in the world, so perhaps before that "send" button is clicked you should think twice what you post...

AdamN wrote:Fair enough, forget the PMs.

garethbrum

Post by garethbrum »

Jamesv9820 wrote:Its comments like this that really get to me. I was at the event today; If the organisers are telling you not to post pictures, then please respect their decision. They all work really hard to put these events on and I just find it disturbing that people will put shots into the public webspace (Via PM or posted on here, they will get out) which will get round and in-turn have massive implications. Do you just not get this? Or again do you not care? If you are an enthusiast perhaps you will think twice before spreading shots in the public eye....

I do feel sorry for this guys thread as his pictures are actually very good so well done. If you truley wanted to see the Victor, perhaps you should have parted with £15.00 (like the rest of us) to see it.

Yours,

AdamN wrote:Unfortunately we were told to refrain from posting photos/videos, so I don't really want to go against the wishes of the Bruntingthorpe team. A nicely worded PM and I might be able to sort something out for you, so long as I'm not totally swamped by them. :grin:

I don't disagree with the principle James, but I'm afraid it's that fact that it happened that will / might have massive implications - not people posting pictures of it.

Asking people not to do so is all well and good, it but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

fideaux

Post by fideaux »

I was not there today however, as I assume that photography was allowed, it is surprising that anyone should be 'disgusted of anywhere' (mind you Lincs is a funny place) when photographs are taken and circulated. It is the stunning and unsusual that surprises us all. An unplanned/unfortunate event may have occurred, there will be implications/actions and changes as a result of intelligent analysis by the right people. The regulations surely serve a purpose.
Please do not take this as aggressively provocative, it is not in any way meant like that, just an opinion that you may agree/disagree with, but one that I am allowed to have.
p.s. apologies for the cheap shot at Lincs, I have lived in Norfolk for a while....

Jamesv9820

Post by Jamesv9820 »

Gareth - I do not disagree with this - It did happen and thats something that cannot be hidden. I just think let the officials have their say and do what they have to do to see what these implications are (as we do not know). I just do not think it needs to be fuelled with random pictures. Maybe after that it might be acceptable for pictures to be posted.

James

P.S. Love the cheap shot on Lincolnshire; tell me one I haven't heard!

garethbrum wrote:
Jamesv9820 wrote:Its comments like this that really get to me. I was at the event today; If the organisers are telling you not to post pictures, then please respect their decision. They all work really hard to put these events on and I just find it disturbing that people will put shots into the public webspace (Via PM or posted on here, they will get out) which will get round and in-turn have massive implications. Do you just not get this? Or again do you not care? If you are an enthusiast perhaps you will think twice before spreading shots in the public eye....

Yours,

I don't disagree with the principle James, but I'm afraid it's that fact that it happened that will / might have massive implications - not people posting pictures of it.

Asking people not to do so is all well and good, it but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

fideaux

Post by fideaux »

Hearing them is one thing...understanding......

victormeldrew

Post by victormeldrew »

Cant help thinking that people not posting pics of todays events reagrding the Victor is really not going to make any difference to consequences or lack of.

Thankfully all are safe and well, which is the most important thing.
Todays pain in the arse award goes to...Tinker the cat

5BWMINOT

Post by 5BWMINOT »

Were you eating Parsnips when you wrote your reply and what colour is your tractor.at least we have a decent cathedral.No malice intended.

As for the images that may appear i would hope and prey, that they do not appear here.As it only fuels debate by those that do not know one end of an aircraft from the other and the physics of aeronautics.I am waiting for McLellan to join in that will be a laugh.

ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

Surely it's irrelevant wether pics are posted or not, someone from the CAA / H&S will of been there for sure.

AdamN

Post by AdamN »

victormeldrew wrote:Cant help thinking that people not posting pics of todays events reagrding the Victor is really not going to make any difference to consequences or lack of.

Although I agree, we were politely asked not to by the staff at Bruntingthorpe, so I can't start showing such photos in public.

The photos I sent out in PMs have been deleted from my PB account, just as a precautionary measure, so apologies to those I did contact. I just don't want to be the guy that gets it in the neck if something does come out of it.

fideaux

Post by fideaux »

Plough still pulled by horses! Electric due soon (ish)
Let's leave this....
good shots at the top of the thread
Love the Lightning. Remember them at Colt.

Stu

Post by Stu »

Nice selection like the head on Bucc :clap: :clap:
Olympus Cameras

UBC780XLT
DJ-X10
DJ-X3

Representing www.simplyplanes.co.uk

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Whether it's irrelevant or not, if it was requested, we can honour the request and let our friends at Bruntingthorpe resolve the matters professionally, without internet speculation. It's not as if it's a cover up, but we needn't make things worse than they already are. The pictures will come to light at the right time - at the moment, we'll avoid complicating matters and any pictures posted will be removed.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Jamesv9820

Post by Jamesv9820 »

No just a sandwich (not ploughmans!) and its blue!

Please lets not take away from the photos on the thread - some good shots..

5BWMINOT wrote:Were you eating Parsnips when you wrote your reply and what colour is your tractor.at least we have a decent cathedral.No malice intended.

As for the images that may appear i would hope and prey, that they do not appear here.As it only fuels debate by those that do not know one end of an aircraft from the other and the physics of aeronautics.I am waiting for McLellan to join in that will be a laugh.

Jamesv9820

Post by Jamesv9820 »

Well said Dan - Lets leave this...

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Whether it's irrelevant or not, if it was requested, we can honour the request and let our friends at Bruntingthorpe resolve the matters professionally, without internet speculation. It's not as if it' a cover up, but we needn't make things worse than they already are. The pictures will come to light at the right time - at the moment, we'll avoid complicating matters and any pictures posted will be removed.

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Whether it's irrelevant or not, if it was requested, we can honour the request and let our friends at Bruntingthorpe resolve the matters professionally, without internet speculation. It's not as if it's a cover up, but we needn't make things worse than they already are. The pictures will come to light at the right time - at the moment, we'll avoid complicating matters and any pictures posted will be removed.

Couldn't get to Brunty today (work in the morning and a Christening in the afternoon so a reasonable excuse :grin: ) so reading this was the first news for me re the Victor. Sensible approach from the mods about pictures at this stage but can't help being curious about wanting to see it and now that we know all are safe and well, just a tiny bit jealous that I missed it :smile: Doubt I would have thought that at the time though :oops:

Oh and by the way. Nice shots especially the Bucc folding/unfolding :clap:
Last edited by Pat Murphy on Sun 03 May 2009, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamN

Post by AdamN »

If only my photo topics were always on the "Karl Drage" scale of popularity. :grin:

Arno 01

Post by Arno 01 »

Very nice set, the 1st Bucc shot is the winner for me :clap: :clap: