Berlin Tegel random pics

Photos of commercial airliners
TonyB

Berlin Tegel random pics

Post by TonyB »

Hi everyone, here are some photos taken at different times at Berlins Tegel Airport. The airport will be closing on June 2nd 2012; the new BER opens on the 3rd. If anyone is interrested the opening times of the Terrace are from 8 a.m to 8 p.m ; entry costs 2 Euros and there are no facilities e.g. toillets, snacks, cover.

The above photos were taken from the Terrace, such photos will be soon a thing of the past.......

Berlin is one of the few airports in Europe to find Hainan and Mongolian, Sunday is the best day as they both fly in; Mongolian around Midday and Hainan in the late afternoon

The above photos were taken from outside the airport from the top of a container.

With Berlin being the capital of Germany, we do get the odd one or two interresting maschines.......

Thanks for looking.

JohnH

Re: Berlin Tegel random pics

Post by JohnH »

Nice to see a selection from here.

Hopefully some of the more interesting colour schemes and aircraft will turn up at the begining of next month when I'll be paying a visit.

Kenny

Post by Kenny »

What a selection! Wow! Wonder why Mongolian go into Berlin? Is there a big Mongol community there?

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

Loving those. especially the retros, but that Haribo 737 is something else!!!!, what a sweet aeroplane :smile: :smile:

Cheers,
Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

planekees

Post by planekees »

Lots of interesting machines and by the looks of it a very nice airport to visit. Shame it will be a thing of the past in the near future. Thanks for showing us your nice collection. :smile:

TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Thanks for the feedback.

Kenny, the Mongolian also serves Moscow SVO on its way to ULN. Having flown to Moscow with Aeroflot, I should think that MIAT is a better proposition. There is also a Mongolian community here, how many I`m not sure, but with the connection to Moscow, evidently enough for a twice weekly service.

RRconway, the Gold Haribo is one of five, if I remember correctly, special colour schemes for TUI. There´s also a Blue Haribo, which in fact was the first Haribo machine.

planekees, it is a nice airport to visit; and a lot of people will be sad when it closes, especially as the new airport seems not to cater for Spotters.

Thanks again for the interest that´s been shown.