Chicago/SeaTac - Fun Camera

Photos of commercial airliners
JohnH

Chicago/SeaTac - Fun Camera

Post by JohnH »

The trip ended in Seattle and it was home once more. As you can see if you’ve been following this series, one or two photos were taken and thankfully the weather was good all trip. In fact, it never dropped below 90 degrees F and actually reach a high of 104 degrees F in Phoenix.

Everyone we met out there was friendly and helpful and although the trip was pretty intense at times, it was worth it in the end. To finish with, here are a few photos taken from the terminal at Chicago and one from inside at SeaTac. These were taken on my ‘fun’ camera, a Canon SX610HS. A few more can be found at: http://johnhumephotography.zenfolio.com/p963351681

Chicago

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

SeaTac

Image[/URL]

Well, that’s it for now. If you’ve stayed the course, thanks and I hope there was something in the series to interest you.

tankbuster

Re: Chicago/SeaTac - Fun Camera

Post by tankbuster »

very interesting journeying with you. I'd be interested to know your itinerary/travel arrangements you seemed to cover an awful lot of a very large country.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Tankbuster

You were interested in the travel details. Well here they are.

It was an Alpha Mike Tour. As stated in the first post the route was: Heathrow – Philadelphia – Charlotte – Chicago – Milwaukee – Chicago – Salt Lake City - Phoenix – Los Angeles – Seattle – Heathrow.

After arriving in Charlotte via Philadelphia we spent 2 nights here. The first day we had a minibus to take us to the airport and also the Carolina Aviation museum. We then left Charlotte in the morning of the second day by plane to Chicago, where we spent the remainder of the day airside while waiting for our flight to Milwaukee (This took all of 16 minutes flying time).

Arriving in Milwaukee late at night we had 3 nights here. The object of course was to visit the show at Oshkosh. Here another minibus had been hired to take us to the show for the next 2 days. We also used it to visit Appleton and to drive round Milwaukee airport. There is actually a free car park here for people who want to just look at the planes.

Leaving Milwaukee it was another early flight back to Chicago where we once again stayed airside until our next flight to Salt Lake City. We only had 1 night here. At SLC we had a hired minibus yet again and started the day with a visit to Hill Aerospace Museum before heading to the airport for our pre-arranged airside tour. Then it was back on another plane for an evening flight to Phoenix.

We had 2 nights in the Crown Plaza hotel right opposite the airport. This put us within walking distance of the airport. On the afternoon of the first day here another hired minibus took those who wanted on a trip to Scottsdale, then a drive round the airport. Next day we had the morning at Phoenix before boarding a flight to LAX.

At LAX we stayed at the Embassy Suites hotel for 3 nights. Rooms had been requested high up facing the airport. These we got. LAX was time for relaxing as we had 2 days to ourselves to do what we wanted. ‘The Hill’ was within walking distance and view from the rooms was also acceptable so most of the group stayed around the airport while four hired a car and went off to visit Van Nuys.

Departing LAX early afternoon, we flew to Seattle arriving late afternoon. When we arrived we picked up yet another minibus and headed for the Best Western Navigator Inn near Everett for 1 night. Next day it was onto the minibus with luggage for a trip to Everett and a drive round the field before doing the tour of the factory. Afterwards it was off to Boeing field for a pre-arrange airside tour before reaching the Doubletree Hotel at Seattle airport for the next 2 nights. Again, high rooms facing the airport had been requested and where given. I was on the 9th floor, but would recommend floors 11 for 12 for a better view.

The next morning, we drove to Renton for a look before heading back to SeaTac and handing the minibus back. We then had the choice of either spotting from the rooms or going up on the airport car park or doing whatever we wanted for the rest of the day.

The last day we had the morning to ourselves before catching an afternoon flight back home.

All flights except the return flight which was British Airways, were with American Airlines. In all we had 10 flights and just over 26 hours in the air. With American we were on A330, A321s, B737/8s and CRJs.

Its a bit long winded but hopefully that gives you the information you were after.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Thanks, I'm worn out just reading it. That was certainly an ambitious trip but it all seemed to work and you seemed to have a great time. All the links to Alpha Mike tours seem to end in a dead end. Have they folded?
Trevor C

JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Tankbuster

Alpha Mike doesn't have a website for aviation tours. He sends out his tour itinaries by e-mail or post. Even so anyone can book a trip with them. If you want I can send you next years provisional tours. At the moment they are a basic outline without prices yet.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

JohnH wrote:Tankbuster

Alpha Mike doesn't have a website for aviation tours. He sends out his tour itinaries by e-mail or post. Even so anyone can book a trip with them. If you want I can send you next years provisional tours. At the moment they are a basic outline without prices yet.

Thanks, I already have a big trip planned for next year so no thanks. I would be interested in going on the e-mail list however.
Trevor C

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Good God. Alpha Mike Tours, is it still being run my Andy Marsh ? Traveled with them it the 1990's, thought he had packed up !!! and email address would be appreciated .

Saracen

Post by Saracen »

Yes please post the email address for the tour list
Previously known as WATFC and any Similarity to any persons alive or dead is purely coincidental

JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Only just seen this request.

Yes, Andy Marsh is still running AM Tours and has never stopped. The e-mail address for anyone who would like to request the tour itinerary's is:

andrew.marshamt@btinternet.com

Bradley@Norwich

Post by Bradley@Norwich »

Some nice photos. Well done :clap:
I like my photos, but its not worth sitting in the rain all day!