An-225 (and others) at Prestwick 2 Aug 2020

Photos of commercial airliners
EGL

An-225 (and others) at Prestwick 2 Aug 2020

Post by EGL »

First for me today seeing the fantastic An-225 at Prestwick. Lucky timing with a weekend date and only stopping for a fuel stop. Never seen the place so busy and that was me avoiding the mound.

Included a couple of other visitors (including the C-17 but didn't want to create a separate thread just for that).

ImageIMG_7115.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7128.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7189.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7199.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7204.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7213.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7224.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7088.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7093.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7143.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7231.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7238.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7241.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr
Last edited by EGL on Mon 03 Aug 2020, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maccyd

Re: An-225 (and others) at Prestwick 2 Aug 2020

Post by Maccyd »

Have to agree, never seen the place so busy, even when there's been an air show on, quite a spectacle though and nicely caught. I was at the mound initally and photography was, shall we say challenging. Great wee day though.

toom317
UKAR Supporter

Post by toom317 »

Like the take off shots Euan. It was well worth the trip over, but as you say, it was packed. I stayed at the mound. I would have liked to have gone to the bridge for the take off, but feared it would have been impossible to get parked there and in position in time.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.

EGL

Post by EGL »

toom317 wrote:
Mon 03 Aug 2020, 9:48 am
Like the take off shots Euan. It was well worth the trip over, but as you say, it was packed. I stayed at the mound. I would have liked to have gone to the bridge for the take off, but feared it would have been impossible to get parked there and in position in time.
From pictures when it arrived it looked pretty mental over at the bridge as well. I was out on the A719 for arrival and it was busy out that way too. Could see the A77 was at a standstill back towards Ayr. I was slightly concerned I'd miss it arriving as hit big q's on the way over so took some back roads and a bit of a walk/run. Did leave it quite late as I'm only half an hour normally in the car. After it arrived I waited half an hour and made my way over to Monkton which wasn't too bad by then so stood on the grassy area next t Spirit for departure. Being at that side did mean looking into the sun but quick get away again using back roads.

I hope South Ayrshire Council were taking note as to the crowd drawn by just one aircraft - imagine a full flying display. With only East Fortune north of the border we're crying out for something else.

toom317
UKAR Supporter

Post by toom317 »

EGL wrote:
Mon 03 Aug 2020, 12:06 pm
I hope South Ayrshire Council were taking note as to the crowd drawn by just one aircraft - imagine a full flying display. With only East Fortune north of the border we're crying out for something else.
I hope so to. I heard more than one comment to the effect that there was a bigger crowd for this one aircraft than there was for the Reds.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.