IAT 93 @ RAF Fairford Video uploaded

Aviation related video clips and links
HeyfordDave111

IAT 93 @ RAF Fairford Video uploaded

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Hi everyone,

I have just uploaded a DVD conversion of the VHS video i took at RAF Fairford for my first ever IAT in 1993.
Having caught the bug at ATI Boscombe Down the previous year (Video still to be converted), this was my first (living in north Oxfordshire at the time) close to home airshow, and certainly not my last.

For those that never went, this show was very close to being the best i've been too, and my inexperience telling as i stayed in P&V west Thursday and Monday, so what you see here are arrivals that went all the way down, and the departures flying by, plus the West end taxiing.

Aircraft include the Bear (turn the sound up for that engine start), Mig 21's, 29's, F15's, Hunters, Buccs, Harriers, Tornado's, Lizard Scheme B-1's and C-5's, 727's, Midas, Starlifters, Hercs, Mirage and plenty more, including my favourite the BAC1-11).

Please subscribe and like as this will help with motivation (if nothing else) to do the rest of my videos from that time.
Cleaned up by the converter, it's the best VHS camera that weekend hire from Redifussion, so please don't expect TV quality.

Enjoy.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtKxJZLeL-0&t=1431s
Dave
Got to love Russianhardware

xr221

Re: IAT 93 @ RAF Fairford Video uploaded

Post by xr221 »

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing. I’ve liked and subscribed for good reason. It may not be tv quality but it’s better than anything on tv. :smile:

xr221

Post by xr221 »

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing. I’ve liked and subscribed for good reason. It may not be tv quality but it’s better than anything on tv. :smile:

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Thanks mate,

currently undergoing conversion is a tape that includes 4 (i think) B-1's taking off, 2 x mig23's taking off and who could forget the Tracor F-100 kicking the burner in on departures, plus a phantom display, and a starfighter display (italian). I think it contains the P&V east grandstand (remember that) and views from the open top shuttle buses over and around live site north of the runway.

Will let you all know via you tube channel, and of course here, when its all uploaded.
cheers
Dave
Got to love Russianhardware

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

Superb, thanks for posting mate!

Look forward to the second video. :up: