Trooping the Colour/Platinum Jubilee-Full Set

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
FGR2

Trooping the Colour/Platinum Jubilee-Full Set

Post by FGR2 »

A fantastic spectacle over London by the Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. The weather was for once quite good, although the sun popping behind the odd cloud was a challenge especially with a bright background. Anyway here it is for the record, taken from a very busy Waterloo Bridge.
Last edited by FGR2 on Mon 13 Mar 2023, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

C24

Re: Trooping the Colour/Platinum Jubilee-Full Set

Post by C24 »

The picture of the 70 and the river scene is my favourite. Thanks for posting them.
C24.

"There is no go round in a glider".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Great set of an impressive flypast👏👏

Andy

FGR2

Post by FGR2 »

Thanks for the comments, it is always a good atmosphere in London and is a bit special seeing the aircraft appear over the skyline :)

Zoom

Post by Zoom »

excellent photos thanks! looks like you were nearer the centre of the bridge (or even the South end) than me, terrific atmosphere among the crowd with buses and cabbies all stopping for a look.

FGR2

Post by FGR2 »

Zoom wrote:
Sun 05 Jun 2022, 11:39 am
excellent photos thanks! looks like you were nearer the centre of the bridge (or even the South end) than me, terrific atmosphere among the crowd with buses and cabbies all stopping for a look.
Yes, just to the south of the centre of the bridge. I was up against the bridge, (I was there well over an hour beforehand). It was handy that the cycle lane has been segregated from the main road now, as more people could get on the bridge without the risk of being wiped out by traffic. It was a great atmosphere.