The time I went to Poland

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Bodz156

The time I went to Poland

Post by Bodz156 »

So, in 2015 I decided to head to Poland for their (at the time) bi-annual air display at Radom. I'd seen plenty of talk & videos etc from the 2013 edition & thought 'This is my best & possibly only chance to catch the Romanian Air Force MiG-21 LanceR before they're gone for good!'. I flew to Warsaw from Manchester & had arranged a hotel near the main airport as it was also near a direct rail link to Radom. A 2 hour journey from there, but I got to see plenty of the country on the way....fun and games on day 2 when I lost my wallet on a deserted Polish railway station that was very 'Eastern Bloc' & I had to find a taxi at 5.30am on a Sunday morning! Anyway, I sorted myself out & got to the event both days :slight_smile:
The show itself is worth getting a ticket for both days as it wasn't expensive at all, even though my plan was to do 1 day inside & 1 day outside as you're facing the sun most of the day inside. Inside however is a cracking static display (though a bit cramped), cheap food & if you go to the far left of the display line there's good taxiing shots to be had. On to the photos....

I've got this one on the wall at home now...

Even all the way out there, the RJFs can be seen :grinning:

Last few, the opening portion of the main display is a fly-past of everything in the Polish Air/Ground forces inventory....quite a sight & sound!

Hope you like some of these.

Stagger2

Re: The time I went to Poland

Post by Stagger2 »

I like all of them! Many imminently or already lost subjects there. Those PLF mass formation flypasts at the end are superb. Well done. :drooling_face:

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Re: The time I went to Poland

Post by Blackbird »

Many thanks for sharing. 😃