Post by lynothehammer »

Initial list is up, hope there's more to be added:

Visiting Aircraft Operator
RotorSport Calidus Gyro Air Displays
Wings Parachute Display Team
Nieuport 17 John Gilbert
Bucker Jungmann Anna Walker
Boeing Stearman Aerosuperbatics Wingwalkers
Red Duo Aerobatic Jet Display Team (RC Models)

The Shuttleworth Collection/Old Warden Based Aircraft Operator
Avro XIX Shuttleworth
de Havilland Dragon Rapide Shuttleworth
Avro 504K Shuttleworth
Sopwith Pup Shuttleworth
de Havilland Chipmunk Shuttleworth
Miles Magister Shuttleworth
Miles Magister David Bramwell
de Havilland Tiger Moth Shuttleworth
Southern Martlet Shuttleworth
Supermarine Spitfire V Shuttleworth
Hawker Sea Hurricane Shuttleworth
Westland Lysander Shuttleworth
Gloster Gladiator Shuttleworth
de Havilland Comet Shuttleworth
Miles Hawk Speed Six Shuttleworth
Percival Mew Gull Shuttleworth
Bristol M1C Shuttleworth
Bristol F2B Fighter Shuttleworth
Bristol Boxkite Shuttleworth
Avro Triplane Shuttleworth
Blackburn Type D Monoplane Shuttleworth
Deperdussin Shuttleworth
English Electric Wren Shuttleworth

alzoturtz

Re: 7th August - Family Air Show

Post by alzoturtz »

Weather's looking promising.

Unfortunately due to illness I won't make it on Sunday. Selling my ticket for the £29 I paid. If anyone's interested.... PM me.

wdg

Post by wdg »

The Jungman and Red Arrows RC models are no longer listed, nor are the Gladiator and M1C.
We have gained the Blackburn B2, Sopwith Triplane, Hawker Demon and a pair of OW-based Pitts Specials compared to the list earlier in this thread.

There are a few nice individual items listed, but overall it looks like a very weak lineup.
2022: As many displays as I can get to
http://www.flickr.com/people/161562983@N04

Post by 5944 »

M1C is out of action for a while - seized engine. Like you say, not the strongest lineup, certainly nothing to make me think about booking a day's leave for.

southyorkshireman

Post by southyorkshireman »

So no one went? Not the greatest lineup but some great display flying and good ground entertainment Joined queue ticket checked and parked within 10 minutes at 9.40.

Felt very empty with loads of space and ample catering...

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

southyorkshireman wrote:
Wed 10 Aug 2022, 2:58 pm
So no one went? Not the greatest lineup but some great display flying and good ground entertainment Joined queue ticket checked and parked within 10 minutes at 9.40.

I obviously do not know where in the airfield you were positioned, but my car was parked on the front row to the West of the track used by the vehicles to access the parade and I can assure you that the area between the front row of cars and the crowdline was packed. Some of us had difficulty seeing some of the display because of the sheer number of parasols, tents and gazebos, most of which were thankfully lowered after a Shuttleworth official came through the crowd asking people to lower them.
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

Alpha Delta 210

Post by Alpha Delta 210 »

phreakf4 wrote:
Wed 10 Aug 2022, 5:05 pm
. Some of us had difficulty seeing some of the display because of the sheer number of parasols, tents and gazebos, most of which were thankfully lowered after a Shuttleworth official came through the crowd asking people to lower them.
That's a shame people were erecting camps near the fence as they was always something that was taboo at Old Warden with frequent (friendly) reminders over the PA, which even included a request to close open hatchbacks so as not to affect the visibility of people having picnics by their cars!

Hopefully, people responded with good grace to the request of the official.

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

southyorkshireman wrote:
Wed 10 Aug 2022, 2:58 pm

We were 2nd row back parked up near the Stearmans, thought it was very busy but there certainly seemed to be a lot tents, gazeebos etc etc around the site.

As for the flying, i was a left a little disappointed by it all to be honest. I thought it really lacked a star visitor but having said that the Autogyro was absolutely fabulous and certainly shines at Old Warden.

I won't complain as i took my 2 children and bought my ticket for £29 at the start of the year. In this day & age no one can argue for £30 for a day out with a free fun fair, airfix building, the play park and the air display.