Kempsford

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Mantog

Kempsford

Post by Mantog »

Hi
Just tried to book Kempsford (we stayed this year) but was unable to, got an error message saying 14th July unavailable. You can still book earlier dates. Anyone else experiencing difficulties or is it already all booked up for the main dates?

TIA

Bob

G-CVIX

Re: Kempsford

Post by G-CVIX »

Mantog wrote:
Wed 05 Oct 2022, 11:02 pm
Hi
Just tried to book Kempsford (we stayed this year) but was unable to, got an error message saying 14th July unavailable. You can still book earlier dates. Anyone else experiencing difficulties or is it already all booked up for the main dates?

TIA

Bob
I would try and get in touch with them because I know there were a lot of problems from the start. I know it's a popular site, but I can't think it has sold out already. I booked mine yesterday but it's stupidly early IMO, that's £220 I could have done without spending right now. Also I must say I'm disappointed that they have binned the long standing policy of giving repeat customers the first chance to book - it seems to be online for anyone to book.

Post by 106500 »

Just checked with them and they say there’s a glitch on the system which they are working on fixing.They say they have plenty of pitches at the moment but I reckon it’s always a good idea to book early if you can. The e-mail I had from them to advertise availability for 2023 says I received it as a customer who has stayed at the campsite previously.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

G-CVIX wrote:
Thu 06 Oct 2022, 3:06 am
I would try and get in touch with them because I know there were a lot of problems from the start. I know it's a popular site, but I can't think it has sold out already. I booked mine yesterday but it's stupidly early IMO, that's £220 I could have done without spending right now. Also I must say I'm disappointed that they have binned the long standing policy of giving repeat customers the first chance to book - it seems to be online for anyone to book.
I very much agree with you @G-CVIX, on both the timing and the free-for-all. Both regrettable.

I made a partial booking on Tuesday, the system made a reservation but the payment system was down. There was no way to get back to that reservation yesterday when payments were back up, I had to start again. That'll tie a few pitches up for a few days until the system releases them back, if I wasn't the only one. I'm sure I wasn't. So I agree, it'll be bugs rather than a sell out @Mantog.

Post by 106500 »

All working now.

Mantog

Post by Mantog »

Yup, can confirm we have just been able to book. Very relieved!

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

If you haven't booked yet, you're too late.....just checked their website and it's now showing
Due to a high level of interest we are now fully booked for 2023
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Hey all, quick question... I recall them saying that a 25m cable was required for the electric hookup last year, does anyone know if that was correct? I currently only have a 15m cable & it would be nice to save the money!

Cheers :)

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Email has arrived. The food options look good this year. :) I have emailed them the question about the EHU cables.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

G-CVIX wrote:
Mon 12 Jun 2023, 7:28 am
Hey all, quick question... I recall them saying that a 25m cable was required for the electric hookup last year, does anyone know if that was correct? I currently only have a 15m cable & it would be nice to save the money!

They’ll probably confirm it to you anyway, mate, but I suspect you’ll be ok with a 15m one. I suppose it depends which pitch you choose/when you arrive. If you’re arriving early on, then you’ll probably have your pick of the bunch, so just pick a plot that’s closer to the EHU point. If not, then you might need to think about a longer cable.

I’m sure you’ll be fine. I think they have some ones to rent out anyway, if yours isn’t suitable.

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Tommy wrote:
Tue 20 Jun 2023, 6:38 am
G-CVIX wrote:
Mon 12 Jun 2023, 7:28 am

They’ll probably confirm it to you anyway, mate, but I suspect you’ll be ok with a 15m one. I suppose it depends which pitch you choose/when you arrive. If you’re arriving early on, then you’ll probably have your pick of the bunch, so just pick a plot that’s closer to the EHU point. If not, then you might need to think about a longer cable.

I’m sure you’ll be fine. I think they have some ones to rent out anyway, if yours isn’t suitable.
Thanks! They have told me 15m should be fine. :)

Who's staying there this year?

I arrive Tuesday at some point, I start work at 3am but have some leeway to finish my shift early, so hoping to be on the road from Cornwall by midday at the very latest.

Burleysway

Post by Burleysway »

Arriving early Wednesday, comes round quick doesn’t it. My 15th time staying at Kempsford.

LeadFarmer

Post by LeadFarmer »

Anyone ever stayed at the nearby Jenners Barn campsite or can say how it compares to Kempsford please?