Re: FRIAT 2023 ticket increases discussion

Post by G-CVIX »

frank wrote:
Thu 08 Sep 2022, 11:00 am
Adam the gardener wrote:
Wed 07 Sep 2022, 9:16 am
frank wrote:
Sat 06 Aug 2022, 10:18 pm
Has anyone been contacted yet regarding payment and seating choice for next year.
Got an email yesterday:

Dear FRIAT member,

A little later than I had planned but I believe the system is now set up ready to start processing your FRIAT booking for 2023.

Here is a link that will take you to the online FRIAT Grandstand plan - https://www.airtattoo.com/friat-grandstand you will need access to this link when I call you so that you can see which seats are available to book.

I will be calling each person in turn using the numbers on the booking forms that were returned at the show. It will just be the lead name on each booking form that I will call initially.

Regards

Wendy Toms

FRIAT Manager

Useful link. Same layout as last year. I now have my first, second and third choices Now I just wait to be called.
The link provided says Grandstand plan is unavailable.
Much like everything else, you can't even get on there at the moment, there's just a holding page.

RIAT Air Ops

Post by RIAT Air Ops »

iainpeden wrote:
Wed 07 Sep 2022, 1:44 pm
Thanks Adam, useful information as I didn’t get the email.
Morning All,

Wendy asked me to post, just to let you know that renewal information emails will be going in batches, as she's unable to phone thousands of FRIAT members all in one week, She plans to contact everyone over the coming weeks/months to sort renewals and seat allocations for FRIAT 2023.

Cheers,
Peter

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Thanks Peter; i’ll Drop her an email if I’ve not heard by end of the month.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

wdg

Post by wdg »

They've started making the calls, I had mine today. Fairly smooth process and all booked for next year.
2022: As many displays as I can get to
http://www.flickr.com/people/161562983@N04

ianf

Post by ianf »

There sending out mails in batches of 10, then the links live to you. there currently in the 20-30s. I'm all booked up again. no problem with the booking as said.
Victor XL231 Lusty Lindy, crew chief.
Our face book page. https://www.facebook.com/LustyLindy231/?ref=bookmarks

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

iainpeden wrote:
Mon 12 Sep 2022, 10:17 am
I think we have a good indication of when to expect contact from our renewal form numbers - as Peter says it'll take months to get through everyone. But its bound to be done in renewal form sequence to get the 'dibbs' on the seat selection in order.

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:
Thu 15 Sep 2022, 11:35 am
iainpeden wrote:
Mon 12 Sep 2022, 10:17 am
I think we have a good indication of when to expect contact from our renewal form numbers - as Peter says it'll take months to get through everyone. But its bound to be done in renewal form sequence to get the 'dibbs' on the seat selection in order.
Interestingly, the following link does appear to show some seats as unavailable -all of row X and a lot of row A. I'm not saying that this is a sure fire indication of where we're at though.

https://www.airtattoo.com/friat-grandstand

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

The FRIAT grandstand seating plan makes for interesting viewing. Despite the protests on this forum about the new pricing plan, and the disgust at the price increases (myself included), it's the £375 packages which people have chosen to pay for first, with plenty of the cheaper packages still available!

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

A large number of that top row will have a discount but I know what you mean.

A (VERY) rough count suggests about 2400 seats available and about 300 already allocated - methinks there might be awhile to wait for the call. Hope Wendy has a comfy office chair.

danspuggti

Post by danspuggti »

A friend of mine had his phone call last week to book his seat and he told me that (if he rembered correctly) his renewal form was around number 325
Same old sh*t.............just happening on a different day!!!

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Crikey, they’re only at 325? It’s mid-October.

My renewal form is in the mid-580s 🫣

Appreciate I’m only speaking for me here, but it would be great to put at least one payday between ordering FRIAT tickets and Christmas.

danspuggti

Post by danspuggti »

Tommy wrote:
Tue 18 Oct 2022, 3:00 pm

Appreciate I’m only speaking for me here, but it would be great to put at least one payday between ordering FRIAT tickets and Christmas.
Same here, I was hoping to have had ours all sorted by the end of October due to Xmas rapidly approaching.

IIRC my form was in the mid 400’s which really surprised me when I picked it up at the FRIAT enclosure first thing in the Friday morning, especially (as has already been mentioned previously) the stink that was kicked up regarding the price changes/bands etc.

It would be interesting to know how many times they try to contact someone before moving on, especially as they’ll be trying to phone when I expect a lot of people are at work (my friend did say that initially when they called him he was driving so they had to call him back).
Same old sh*t.............just happening on a different day!!!

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Tommy wrote:

Likewise! I thought I was something in the early 500s but I really don't remember. I'd hoped to pay by direct debit but I think it's too late for me now to make that worthwhile.

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

Tommy wrote:

I'm somewhere around the 650s, so it will probably be time for RIAT before it comes around to me

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

rockfordstone wrote:
Fri 21 Oct 2022, 2:05 pm
Tommy wrote:

I'm somewhere around the 650s, so it will probably be time for RIAT before it comes around to me
Or mid January at the current rate?
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

Does anybody know when the FRIAT enclosure will go on general sale? Might be treating myself to this next year.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

If they haven’t got through the renewals yet, no idea.

From memory, I think you can sign up to a mailing list/register your interest so you get contacted when they do go on sale.

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

My form is in the 500s, and still waiting for a call. For the last few shows, I've been up on Row D which seems to work okay for me. I'm sure the team at DBH are doing a great job (etc) but I do not think it's ever been this late before to determine what's what.

With other enclosures going on sale next week according to other threads here, I am not sure whether stick, twist or not bother at all.
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

spellow3010 wrote:
Mon 24 Oct 2022, 7:18 am
My form is in the 500s, and still waiting for a call. For the last few shows, I've been up on Row D which seems to work okay for me. I'm sure the team at DBH are doing a great job (etc) but I do not think it's ever been this late before to determine what's what.

With other enclosures going on sale next week according to other threads here, I am not sure whether stick, twist or not bother at all.
It would be good if we could start paying now and sort out the seat later. It's getting too late to warrant splitting the payments at this point. I'm tempted to ask Wendy if I can pay over three payments (Jan/Feb/March).

I'm hoping for an aisle seat but we'll see.

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

Nothing heard as yet re FRIAT, my form number was mid 500s which I posted back to DBH in early August.

Fingers crossed that there will still be availability around D/E and preferably an aisle seat lol :-)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

IP1960

Post by IP1960 »

I'm also in the 500's and also haven't yet heard anything (other than confirmation of my application being handed in) - anyone in the 300-400's booked up yet?

GAC

Post by GAC »

Not heard anything yet and I’m mid 400s.

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Still waiting.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

when did they last issue an update? it sounds like the are really behind

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

I got this on the 7th October.

"Dear FRIAT member,

I wanted to get in touch with an update on the booking process for RIAT 2023.

Please don’t worry if you returned a form and are still waiting to hear from us to complete your booking. It seems that my predicted timings at the show were a little optimistic, but we are busy working our way through the forms.

These are being processed in batches based on the form number. When we come to your batch, you will be emailed a link to the live Grandstand plan. This will help you see which seats are still available and which you would like to book.

We will then phone you and one of our team will be able to go through any questions that you may have regarding next year’s package.

If you are still trying to decide whether a FRIAT package is the right decision for you, you may want to purchase general admission tickets now, while they are available at a reduced price. If you do then decide that you wish to upgrade to join us in FRIAT, just let us know when we call that you have general admission tickets. We will then be able to transfer the money that you have already paid to your FRIAT booking.

Thank you for your patience and I look forward to speaking to you.

Wendy Toms

FRIAT Manager"