IWM Flying Festival

IWM Flying Festival

Postby Tom105 on Thu 23 Jan 2020, 3:55 pm

23rd and 24th May
Last year the line up wasn't great but the start today isn'y shabby at all!
Wingwalkers
Little and Large
Ultimate Fighters :yahoo:
Stichting Fokker Four :yahoo:
Whirlwind and Wessex! :yahoo: :yahoo:
Thomas
Tom105

Re: IWM Flying Festival

Postby DaveBr on Thu 23 Jan 2020, 4:01 pm

I've been pretty down on this show for the last couple of years and after last year vowed to stop buying tickets in advance of a full flying list.

This is a decent start though and the Ultimate Fighters and the Historic Helicopters (which I haven't seen yet) count as star items for me.
DaveBr

Postby jasonT1981 on Thu 23 Jan 2020, 5:11 pm

Nice start, had hoped to see the Ultimate Warbirds and the Wingwalkers. Helicopters are a nice addition too. Had never heard of the Stichting Fokker Four but its another new display for me so thats great :)

Very nice start.
jasonT1981

Postby timuss on Thu 23 Jan 2020, 9:14 pm

Yeah nice start one to keep an eye on for sure, I've yet to see the Wessex and Whirlwind so these and the Ultimate Fighters are very appealing.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby Chris G on Fri 24 Jan 2020, 10:09 am

Fokker four have been around for ages but don't recall them ever coming to the UK before.
Chris G

Postby Mike on Fri 24 Jan 2020, 10:18 am

Chris G wrote:Fokker four have been around for ages but don't recall them ever coming to the UK before.

They were at Old Warden in 1981
Mike

Postby st24 on Wed 29 Jan 2020, 11:27 am

Chris G wrote:Fokker four have been around for ages but don't recall them ever coming to the UK before.

I seem to recall them gaining the official Fokker Four name in '82 but had been displaying as such for many years prior to that. As Mike says they have been to OW and I think a couple of other events so a good, out of the box pull. Rare, seldom seen machines in pukka schemes displaying - what's not to like?!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby DirtyFokker on Sun 16 Feb 2020, 11:31 pm

Tom105 wrote:23rd and 24th May
Little and Large

Are they coming out of retirement just for the IWM show?

:heyhey:
DirtyFokker

Postby Tom105 on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 4:40 pm

Czech gripen plus alcas added :yahoo:
Blades
B17
Catalina
Wasp
N3200
501 hurricane
One of the best line ups I've seen at Duxford spring show for a long time
Last edited by Tom105 on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas
Tom105

Postby FlankerPhoto on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 4:41 pm

Blimey, wasn't expecting that! :clap:
FlankerPhoto

Postby jasonT1981 on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 5:09 pm

Wooooo what an update!

Strikemaster pairs also added
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonT1981

Postby Elliott Marsh on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 5:30 pm

Very tidy! The Czechs are a great catch. Now let's get the Hind and Hip for September. :whistle:
Elliott Marsh

Postby Airshowhammer on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 11:23 pm

Blimey!
Airshowhammer

Postby Airshowhammer on Sun 23 Feb 2020, 1:50 pm

If Duxford can secure Patrouille De France/Rafale and the Typhoon I will be returning. (I said I wouldn't be after last years disaster)
Airshowhammer

Postby jasonT1981 on Sun 23 Feb 2020, 2:07 pm

What was wrong with last years? I really enjoyed it. Granted it was my first ever trip to Duxford so didn't know what to expect.
jasonT1981

Postby MiG_Eater on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 11:55 am

Yeah I enjoyed last year as well. The participation had a bit of a bashing, but I thought it was pretty reasonable all things considered.

I'm only disappointed at no weekend tickets for this year, but I can cope with the cost given the Wessex and the Czechs! :smile:
MiG_Eater

Postby Airshowhammer on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 12:36 pm

Over hyped PR, line up was pretty basic, weather was pants (can't be helped), loads of things on show that had nothing to do with it being an airshow, horrendously packed. I ended up leaving half way through. It looks like they're working on improving this year!
Airshowhammer

Postby Blackbird on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 12:43 pm

It’s disappointing that they no longer offer the 2 day ticket option which was a good insurance policy against the weather. Sadly, It looks like yet another manifestation of the IWM’s money grasping mentality.

Andy
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Postby rockfordstone on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 12:47 pm

Blackbird wrote:It’s disappointing that they no longer offer the 2 day ticket option which was a good insurance policy against the weather. Sadly, It looks like yet another manifestation of the IWM’s money grasping mentality.

Andy

does feel like a money grab. even as a premium member it's going to cost about 70 (including parking) quid for the weekend. The Gripen is good but at the moment it's not enough to get me to spend my money
rockfordstone

Postby jasonT1981 on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 1:43 pm

Blackbird wrote:It’s disappointing that they no longer offer the 2 day ticket option which was a good insurance policy against the weather. Sadly, It looks like yet another manifestation of the IWM’s money grasping mentality.

Andy

I did ask what happened to the 2 day weekend ticket option. The response I got was there was issues scanning weekend tickets over multiple days. Never had a problem with mine, but there you go. I was disappointed there was no weekend ticket either.

Airshowhammer wrote:Over hyped PR, line up was pretty basic, weather was pants (can't be helped), loads of things on show that had nothing to do with it being an airshow, horrendously packed. I ended up leaving half way through. It looks like they're working on improving this year!

Were you there Sunday only? It was absolutely beautiful on the Saturday and not a cloud in the sky. Sunday got hit with quite a few showers and gray clouds all day.
jasonT1981

Postby MiG_Eater on Sat 07 Mar 2020, 12:36 pm

Absolutely awesome looking line-up... If Coronavirus causes a cancellation i'm going to train in microbiology and destroy the virus myself! :mad:
MiG_Eater

Postby Airshowhammer on Sat 07 Mar 2020, 3:03 pm

Ticket booked. Great news. Come on Rafale and PDF!
Airshowhammer

Postby jasonT1981 on Sat 07 Mar 2020, 6:12 pm

Another self confirm - The Stampe Formation Team flying 3 or 4 Stampe-Vertongen SV.4

https://stampe-formation-team.co.uk/events.php
jasonT1981

Postby Ryan. on Sun 08 Mar 2020, 12:50 am

Does seem like the IWM have listened to last years criticism of the participation list. Shaping up well. :clap:
Ryan.

Next

Return to IWM Duxford Events