Airshowhammer

Duxford May Show 2015

Post by Airshowhammer »

Would would we realistically like to see? :smile:

MRTT

Re: Duxford May Show 2015

Post by MRTT »

Catalina confirmed!
Last edited by MRTT on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Irishaernut

Post by Irishaernut »

Hey , does anyone have a link for the list of aircraft flying?
As this may be the sole show I will attend this year.

8674planes

Post by 8674planes »

Red arrows appearing
"radial engines don't drip oil, they mark their territory"

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Irishaernut wrote:Hey , does anyone have a link for the list of aircraft flying?
As this may be the sole show I will attend this year.

They get released in batches as PDFs, someone will post it when the first one is released, I'm sure.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Irishaernut

Post by Irishaernut »

Thanks wissam

I will keep an eye out.

8674planes

Post by 8674planes »

"Sharkmouth" P51 flying . Announced via the Norwegian Spitfire foundation facebook page
"radial engines don't drip oil, they mark their territory"

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Nice!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

On mobile so can't check easily, how long before the show was the first list published last year?

hmeasures

Post by hmeasures »

Typhoon is booked for both days according to their schedule.

EDIT: First list published by IWM came out on the 31st March last year. Little wait to go I think!

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58300&start=25#p582429

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

Why no BBMF Fighters appearing at this Airshow, according to the BBMF official Airshow Schedule !? Only the Lancaster and Dakota ! I know two of the Fighters and Lancaster are at the LLandudno Airshow the same weekend. But the BBMF have two Hurricanes and 4 Airworthy Spitfires at the moment, surely two of those fighters could attend this Airshow ! Also a BBMF Spitfire and Hurricane are at an Air display at Old Warden barely a few miles away on one of those days ! So surely they could fly at Duxford too !?

Boghopper Mk 11a

Post by Boghopper Mk 11a »

Maybe in the IWM did'nt request them in the application to the RAF event's team.......

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

They (Duxford) really can't win, can they? The board has seen many posts bemoaning the "sameyness" of UK air shows and yet when the BBMF fighters are not on an unofficial participation list it's a cause for complaint....

Furthermore, there may be a clue in the names;

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight....Victory in Europe Air Show....
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

I've never moaned in the past about duxford air displays, i have always praised them!

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

eddywinch82 wrote:Why no BBMF Fighters appearing at this Airshow, according to the BBMF official Airshow Schedule !? Only the Lancaster and Dakota ! I know two of the Fighters and Lancaster are at the LLandudno Airshow the same weekend. But the BBMF have two Hurricanes and 4 Airworthy Spitfires at the moment, surely two of those fighters could attend this Airshow ! Also a BBMF Spitfire and Hurricane are at an Air display at Old Warden barely a few miles away on one of those days ! So surely they could fly at Duxford too !?

The BBMF are touring items that spread themselves the length & breadth of the country virtually every weekend from May-September. Particularly this year, apart from the big shows at RIAT and Cosford, we must accept they will have to spread these assets even more thinly given the 75th anniversary commemorations. The Flight already have a difficult job balancing airframe flying hour limits with the requests that come in, and given that it is 75 years since the BoB it would not be fair to leave out smaller events entirely, and then send a quartet to Duxford.
With regards to the Old Warden display, this is an evening airshow and therefore simply as they are near Duxford does not mean they will be able to participate in the Duxford flying display.

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

Okay WG655, I accept what you say. At least this year us Northwest England Airshow fans get many opportunities to see the BBMF in our neck of the woods, more so than in previous years i.e. at Airshows at Barton, Blackpool, Southport and Rhyl. And it will be a privilage to do so given the BBMF aircraft age and therefore limited flying hours.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

I think the Swedish Historic flight would suit Duxfords venue very well, would be a great addition if they managed to pull it off :heyhey:

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Whilst I agree that it would be pretty special, I don't think it would really fit with the victory in Europe theme.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Hoping a participation is released soon, I need to make a decision as to which day or both to go...

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Thinking about going to this but with just over a month till the show and no particpation list? :confused:

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Duxford have put lists up early before and they have changed frequently so maybe they are waiting till all participants have confirmed, besides it's a Duxford show you know basically what's going to be in it any way.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

phreakf4 wrote:They (Duxford) really can't win, can they? The board has seen many posts bemoaning the "sameyness" of UK air shows and yet when the BBMF fighters are not on an unofficial participation list it's a cause for complaint....

Of course the BBMF religiously stick to their aptly named flight with a Lancaster among the ranks. :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

capercaillie wrote:
phreakf4 wrote:They (Duxford) really can't win, can they? The board has seen many posts bemoaning the "sameyness" of UK air shows and yet when the BBMF fighters are not on an unofficial participation list it's a cause for complaint....

Of course the BBMF religiously stick to their aptly named flight with a Lancaster among the ranks. :whistle:

True!

And a Dakota! :biggrin:

I have long thought it should be renamed either the "British and Commonwealth Memorial Flight" or simply the "Royal Air Force Memorial Flight".
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

I know they usually leave it late but they've surely got to release some sort of participation list soon, what with just six weeks to go?

blackcat

Post by blackcat »

Tommy wrote:I know they usually leave it late but they've surely got to release some sort of participation list soon, what with just six weeks to go?

They are to busy working out how to build a 60ft fence round some fields out the back to stop a 100 odd people going there,........ :whistle: