Duxford September Show 2015

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
timmys

Re: Duxford September Show 2015

Post by timmys »

In a Maze wrote:I have one spare adult ticket available for Saturday, I`m in Belfast, but will be at Duxford all day on the Friday if it helps.

Thanks, but I'm hoping to track down two tickets together - of course if anyone else has a single that would change things!

I'm local (Royston), so can easily collect.

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

Are the 4 BBMF Spitfires and 2 Hurricanes definately Saturday only ? Also the Eurofighter Typhoon/BBMF Spitfire duo display ?

aaron0288

Post by aaron0288 »

Hopefully they'll put up an updated list very soon. Pretty sure the typhoon/spitfire are Saturday only.

As far as I know, all the BBMF planes are both days. 6 planes would be a big loss to the line up if they are sat only.

trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Post by trebleone »

It's been a few years since I attended a show at Duxford - I see from the letter that came with my tickets that gates open at 08:00, but considering that it's a sell-out, what time would be best to arrive at the entrance to avoid significant queues - driving in from the East on the A505?

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

trebleone wrote:It's been a few years since I attended a show at Duxford - I see from the letter that came with my tickets that gates open at 08:00, but considering that it's a sell-out, what time would be best to arrive at the entrance to avoid significant queues - driving in from the East on the A505?

I'm coming from Cambridge up the M11 and plan to leave the hotel at about 05.00 to arrive at the airfield about 05.20/30.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

I aim to get to the Trumpington park and ride about 9.30 and be in on the bus by 10. Upside is a lie in, downside is having to carry everything and not having a car seat to sit in.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Post by trebleone »

BrizeWatcher wrote:I'm coming from Cambridge up the M11 and plan to leave the hotel at about 05.00 to arrive at the airfield about 05.20/30.

That seems very early - is that based on past experience or just a guess at when the queue is likely to start building?

sithrity

Post by sithrity »

I go to Duxford once a year, I normally get there around 9 and have never had a problem getting in. Getting out, well that's another story.

Roll on Saturday the 19th :rock:
I don't know everything there is to know about our hobby.

Kids, aviation, missus then responsibilities, (in that order)

MattLadley

Post by MattLadley »

I've just gone to book tickets to this event and seen it's sold out! Should've booked them last week!

Does anyone have any Sunday tickets going spare? If so, please let me know as I would be happy to purchase them from you.

Thanks in advance!
Matt

The Dudster

Post by The Dudster »

It would be nice if there was an updated participation list from thee IWM considering its just under two weeks to go, last update according to their website ws 07.07 :dunno:

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

It's a shame the Daimler-Benz powered Buchon isn't taking part in the Airshow, like it did at Flying Legends. Especially
considering it's the 75th Anniversary of the BofB. Would have been very appropriate for it to take part !

iziza

Post by iziza »

Does anyone have two Saturday spare tickets for purchase? We travel to Britain due to the air show and I find tickets are sold out. I am desperate of that.

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

This is my first visit to Duxford for a show since 1991, been a good few times on a normal museum visit but wondered how will things be laid out on the airfield for this kind
Of event? Are there stalls, special ground displays e.t.c. and do any of the non flying airworthy aircraft get lined up on the ground for a sort of static? Also do any other aircraft visit for the show?

Tbolt

Post by Tbolt »

trebleone wrote:It's been a few years since I attended a show at Duxford - I see from the letter that came with my tickets that gates open at 08:00, but considering that it's a sell-out, what time would be best to arrive at the entrance to avoid significant queues - driving in from the East on the A505?

The gates normal open at around 07:30, I plan on getting there around 07:00, but I would think if you are there by 07:30 the queues shouldn't be too bad, but If you want to get a slot on the fence then 07:00 would be better.

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Unknown74 wrote:This is my first visit to Duxford for a show since 1991, been a good few times on a normal museum visit but wondered how will things be laid out on the airfield for this kind
Of event? Are there stalls, special ground displays e.t.c. and do any of the non flying airworthy aircraft get lined up on the ground for a sort of static? Also do any other aircraft visit for the show?

Traders stalls and any ground displays are set up on both sides of the roadway that runs from Hangar 2 to the American Air Museum. It is the roadway that you would walk, on a normal visit to the museum, to get from Airspace to the American Air Museum. There is usually something on the Hangar Base, by Wingco Joe's Cafe. Note that the AAM is currently closed due to the complete re-working that is currently going on.

The static display is actually out on the flightline and there is an extra charge to go out and view. Access is restricted to the concrete areas and no direct access to the aircraft. There are no cones or fences but marshals are there to stop people going on the grass to get closer to the aircraft.
Simon

Gonzoxl5

Post by Gonzoxl5 »

iziza wrote:Does anyone have two Saturday spare tickets for purchase? We travel to Britain due to the air show and I find tickets are sold out. I am desperate of that.

there's a few tickets for Saturday on ebay (not mine)

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Gonzoxl5 wrote:
iziza wrote:Does anyone have two Saturday spare tickets for purchase? We travel to Britain due to the air show and I find tickets are sold out. I am desperate of that.

there's a few tickets for Saturday on ebay (not mine)

Yep - 100 quid for a single ticket.

Exiler

Post by Exiler »

Little bit concerned that with a week to go that we do not have an updated list.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

What's to be concerned about.?

It's a ticket only event so you've already made the decision whether you're going or not going regardless of what's in the display and if any one is freeloading then tough.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Sezzy

Post by Sezzy »

I come in the same way as you, I'm leaving at 7am to arrive at around 7.35am(ish) I think that's plenty early enough. Being ticket only I can't see it being a repeat of 2010 (I think it was that year) I left at 10.30am and it took me 4 hours to drive 24 miles(!) I remember the Reds flew early that year, about 12pm and I was watching them from the A505 lol. I had to park on the verge at least half a mile away, it was absolute bedlam.

Another question if anybody can help me, how many tickets do Duxford sell roughly? What is capacity for there?

Really looking forward to the 19th! :)

Sarah
Don't be afraid of the dark... Let it be afraid of you.

JJC

Post by JJC »

Pen Pusher wrote:What's to be concerned about.?

It's a ticket only event so you've already made the decision whether you're going or not going regardless of what's in the display and if any one is freeloading then tough.

Brian

God forbid someone should have a differing view or differing thoughts to your own.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Exiler

Post by Exiler »

Brian,

My concern is the finance of it. I have paid a lot of money to be there both days of this show (not free loading I might add!) I understand both organizers, aircraft organisations and others are working hard but seems odd that there has not been an update since July.

not_the_dj

Post by not_the_dj »

From their Facebook page yesterday when asked the question:

"the aircraft participation list will be updated on our website soon and before the airshow"

duxfordhawk

Post by duxfordhawk »

It almost feels like the old days having a ticket for a show and not knowing whats going to turn up,I am guessing they are making a few changes and adjustments Etc, and possibly a last minute addition or two.
It will be my first full airshow since being at Shoreham and I admit I am a little nervous and if I am to be honest I just want a safe weekend no incidents and hopefully a little September sunshine, After that anything else is a plus.
Martin
To see my Photos go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dxhawk/

MattLadley

Post by MattLadley »

Where to go without a Ticket??

Just looking at options for what to do as we didn't get tickets. Is it a good view from the School in Duxford village, or the fields surrounding??

I understand the gates open at 9am there, is it worth getting there much earlier than 8am?

Thanks
Matt