Duxford at weekends

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
Kieran19

Duxford at weekends

Post by Kieran19 »

Planning on going to IWM Duxford next weekend and was wondering what aircraft I am likely to see in terms of flying, if any? TIA

Orion

Re: Duxford at weekends

Post by Orion »

This coming Saturday, 2nd June, will be one of Duxford's Bonus Days and the LAA is having one of its fly-ins at the venue.

Kieran19

Post by Kieran19 »

Thanks for the heads-up! :biggrin:

Orion

Post by Orion »

Correction! It’s the VAC which is holding this fly-in, sorry

Orion

Post by Orion »

I went to Duxford on Friday for the test flights/practice sessions for Flying Legends. I had a most enjoyable afternoon, highly recommended for the future.

smokey

Post by smokey »

Orion wrote:I went to Duxford on Friday for the test flights/practice sessions for Flying Legends. I had a most enjoyable afternoon, highly recommended for the future.
I did the same thing although not the same as a full air display still plenty going on for me the high light was the flying bulls DC6 appearing just before I headed for home.
Rich in Rutland

Orion

Post by Orion »

smokey wrote:
Orion wrote:I went to Duxford on Friday for the test flights/practice sessions for Flying Legends. I had a most enjoyable afternoon, highly recommended for the future.
I did the same thing although not the same as a full air display still plenty going on for me the high light was the flying bulls DC6 appearing just before I headed for home.
I left soon after the Mustang departed at around 3.45, by that time my back was aching so much I had stopped enjoying the event :sad: . Still, I had an excellent afternoon and I've just finished editing the video; nice memories!

Orion

Post by Orion »

I had an excellent afternoon yesterday at the BMAC fly-in. Good weather if a little breezy (gusting up to 22knots) and a lot of flying. Well worth the visit.

Aquarious

Post by Aquarious »

I'm considering visiting on Friday all being well. Would I be correct in thinking that the entry cost is the normal charge to visit the museum? Thanks.

timuss

Post by timuss »

Aquarious wrote:I'm considering visiting on Friday all being well. Would I be correct in thinking that the entry cost is the normal charge to visit the museum? Thanks.

Indeed its a normal day.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss