Flying Legends 2019

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
Airshowhammer

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Post by Airshowhammer »

Jakesplanes wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:Would really like to see the Saab-17 :smile:

Welcome to Turku, Finland- it’s in the confirmed list.

Unable to get there, thats why its on my wishlist! :wink:

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Buchon "Yellow 7" confirmed.

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

I know exactly what people will respond with when I say this but there's nothing that hasn't been seen before. Yet.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

classicaviation

Post by classicaviation »

Quite a bit of negativity towards the fact it's a Buchon floating around on social media. Which is a shame be cause they are stunning birds in their own right.
Nikon 5200
Nikon 5300
Sigma 150-600mm

darkman

Post by darkman »

Can't please everyone.
There's still plenty of time for a few surprises.

Elliott Marsh

Post by Elliott Marsh »

classicaviation wrote:Quite a bit of negativity towards the fact it's a Buchon floating around on social media. Which is a shame be cause they are stunning birds in their own right.

The enthusiasts' hot take on Buchóns always amuses me. They're historic machines in their own right, now largely wearing Battle of Britain film schemes which are historically accurate for the respective aircraft, and look absolutely immense (particularly as a pack of raptors).

Besides, when Red 7 flew at Legends 2015 it was met with near silence from the people who had demanded a DB-powered Messerschmitt for years. Now yes, Red 7 is a DB-powered Buchón, but are we really going to split hairs over that? It looks and sounds the part, so...

classicaviation

Elliott Marsh wrote: The enthusiasts' hot take on Buchóns always amuses me. They're historic machines in their own right, now largely wearing Battle of Britain film schemes which are historically accurate for the respective aircraft, and look absolutely immense (particularly as a pack of raptors).

Besides, when Red 7 flew at Legends 2015 it was met with near silence from the people who had demanded a DB-powered Messerschmitt for years. Now yes, Red 7 is a DB-powered Buchón, but are we really going to split hairs over that? It looks and sounds the part, so...

Couldn't have put it better myself. Personally I'd love to see just one in authentic Spanish colours, but I welcome Buchons and the more the merrier!
A DB-powered '109 was always on my "want to see" list and with Red 7 I believe I did just that!
Nikon 5200
Nikon 5300
Sigma 150-600mm

yannyfoxx

Post by yannyfoxx »

Doesn't look like the Flying Bulls will be at Legends this year as much of their fleet is at an air race event in Hungary.

UKAirshowTour

Post by UKAirshowTour »

The buchons were one of the highlights for me last year. I’d love a dB powered machine but the buchons are equally welcome

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

whoops, wrong show
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Thu 25 Apr 2019, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Legends isn't mentioned on there.

classicaviation

jasonT1981 wrote:Classic Warbirds Yak 3 added to Flying Legends

http://www.classicwarbirddisplays.co.uk ... edule.html

No it isn't. Although since anyone last commented Spit I N3200, Spit PRXI PL983 and Buchon "White 9" has been added
Nikon 5200
Nikon 5300
Sigma 150-600mm

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

My mistake, whoops. It's the Sept show. I got the 2 mixed up.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Flying_Legends/status/1124655487054745600[/tweet]

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Would love to see the Collings Foundation B-24J Liberator come over. Next to no chance but hey a man can dream.

What a beaut she is.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

16 Spitfires, 3 DC-3s & 4 Buchons due to appear. :up:

https://www.aerosociety.com/news/legends-assemble/

UKAirshowTour

Post by UKAirshowTour »

Even though I attend every year and the build up for this year is steady I’m really excited for this years show

Tangoringo

Post by Tangoringo »

Abbo46 wrote:16 Spitfires, 3 DC-3s & 4 Buchons due to appear. :up:

https://www.aerosociety.com/news/legends-assemble/

Intriguingly, it actually says MORE THAN four buchons if I’m reading it correctly.
Similarly a quote about the Horsemen alludes to they may not be flying their ‘usual’ steeds. All very vague but intriguing none the less ( intruiging being my word of the day today )

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

Looks like Air Leasing are restoring a couple more buchons: http://airleasing.co.uk/?page_id=50

Could the debut Spitfire be MJ271/Silver Spitfire?

classicaviation

Tangoringo wrote:Similarly a quote about the Horsemen alludes to they may not be flying their ‘usual’ steeds. All very vague but intriguing none the less ( intruiging being my word of the day today )

I'd say that's the right word! It was the thing that intrigued me the most reading through that. Of course it could mean anything.

Their regular types other than 'stangs are Bearcats and P-38's, either of these I would be thrilled with, but both of these would require a lot of crating, shipping and uncrating.
They have done Spits before so, although enjoyable, would not be as big an announcement as the aforementioned.
Like I say it could be anything, maybe Buchons or other types already resident, but the prospects are tantalising.

There could also be a formation-face-off between the Horsemen and Ultimate Fighters :lmao:
Nikon 5200
Nikon 5300
Sigma 150-600mm

timuss

Post by timuss »

classicaviation wrote:
Tangoringo wrote:Similarly a quote about the Horsemen alludes to they may not be flying their ‘usual’ steeds. All very vague but intriguing none the less ( intruiging being my word of the day today )

I'd say that's the right word! It was the thing that intrigued me the most reading through that. Of course it could mean anything.

Their regular types other than 'stangs are Bearcats and P-38's, either of these I would be thrilled with, but both of these would require a lot of crating, shipping and uncrating.
They have done Spits before so, although enjoyable, would not be as big an announcement as the aforementioned.
Like I say it could be anything, maybe Buchons or other types already resident, but the prospects are tantalising.

There could also be a formation-face-off between the Horsemen and Ultimate Fighters :lmao:

Well you have Old Crow coming over from the US that could be one of the Mustangs.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss

UKAirshowTour

Post by UKAirshowTour »

timuss wrote:
classicaviation wrote:

Well you have Old Crow coming over from the US that could be one of the Mustangs.

And hun hunter is still here I believe so I wouldn’t say no to them displaying her either

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

As is Berlin Express.

timuss

Post by timuss »

Abbo46 wrote:As is Berlin Express.

I'd wager that will be the three Berlin Hun Hunter and maybe Old Crow??? Or Sharkie.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss

County1884

Post by County1884 »

On a side note has anyone got and idea when the CR42 is due to fly? It looks like it's been pretty much finished for ages now.