Flying Legends 2019

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby classicaviation on Sun 30 Jun 2019, 9:36 am

Classic Formation added
Nikon 5200
Nikon 5300
Sigma 150-600mm
User avatar
classicaviation

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby UKAirshowTour on Sun 30 Jun 2019, 12:49 pm

Praying for Berlin express and hun hunter now. Lineup is building nicely though
UKAirshowTour

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby classicaviation on Sun 30 Jun 2019, 6:26 pm

Is it going to be a blockbuster year? No. The DH9 is, for me, the current star item. Do I expect another rare or rarely seen warbird from Europe or further afield to be added at this late stage? No.

It will still be a great show. If the final few updates are along the lines of Hun Hunter, Berlin Express, ARCo Lysander and the Silver Spit then for me it will have turned from underwhelming (for Legends that is!) that it was a few weeks ago to very good (again against the bar Legends have set themselves) and I'll be more than happy.
Nikon 5200
Nikon 5300
Sigma 150-600mm
User avatar
classicaviation

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby UKAirshowTour on Mon 01 Jul 2019, 5:17 pm

I am surprised the Lysander pair hasn’t been on the list would have thought it would have been very welcome to many
UKAirshowTour

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby The Baron on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 12:14 pm

Wingwalkers added.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
User avatar
The Baron

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby cma on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 12:14 pm

The latest participating aircraft added
- Supermarine Spitfire IX (G-LFIX)
- AeroSuperBatics Wing Walkers (Boeing Super Stearman model 75 x2)
cma

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby UKAirshowTour on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 1:41 pm

Really wasn’t expecting the wing walkers. They are good at family shows but I definitely don’t book legends tickets to see them
UKAirshowTour

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Pen Pusher on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 1:53 pm

All Duxford air shows are family orientated shows.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook
User avatar
Pen Pusher

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 2:48 pm

UKAirshowTour wrote:Really wasn’t expecting the wing walkers. They are good at family shows but I definitely don’t book legends tickets to see them


The wing walkers have been at more than one edition of Legends over the years and are highly relevant to a vintage airshow theme, when you think about it.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
User avatar
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Mike on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:40 pm

Pen Pusher wrote:All Duxford air shows are family orientated shows.

Brian

Stephen Grey has said on many occasions that Flying Legends is aimed at the 'Aficionado' (as he terms it). It is certainly not aimed at the family audience, and never has been.
Mike

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby DaveBr on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:59 pm

I believe Stephen Grey also stated that his goal was to create a 'non-boring' airshow, hence the pace of the show and the philosophy of there always being something happening in front of the audience.

I belatedly attended La Ferte Alais for the first time this year and was very pleased to discover that show runs along the same lines. It was a bit of an eye opener to attend a 'non-boring', 'non-Legends' airshow.
DaveBr

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Pen Pusher on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 5:05 pm

Mike wrote:Stephen Grey has said on many occasions that Flying Legends is aimed at the 'Aficionado' (as he terms it). It is certainly not aimed at the family audience, and never has been.


And wing walkers have appeared at Flying legends in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2012 all under Stephen Grey's watch.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook
User avatar
Pen Pusher

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby rockfordstone on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 6:51 pm

the wing walkers are a great act. yeah they get around a lot, but can't beat the sound of a stearman tearing through the air
User avatar
rockfordstone

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Mike on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 6:55 pm

They have indeed, and so have the Aerostars, modern jets, the Red Arrows, and two-seat Spitfires, contrary to a lot of the guff one reads on the web.

That still doesn't make it a family-oriented airshow though.
Mike

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Pen Pusher on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 7:18 pm

Mike wrote:That still doesn't make it a family-oriented airshow though.


All air shows are family-orientated, even RIAT. How do explain the fun fairs, tat stalls, activity zones, zip lines, singer's etc.?

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook
User avatar
Pen Pusher

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 7:40 pm

We've had Anna Walker's Jungmann display at Legends many times in the past, and that was considered a filler item. The Wing Walkers are no different for me and will be a nice break during the flying.
User avatar
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby FarnboroJohn on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 7:52 pm

Wrexham Mackem wrote:
UKAirshowTour wrote:Really wasn’t expecting the wing walkers. They are good at family shows but I definitely don’t book legends tickets to see them


The wing walkers have been at more than one edition of Legends over the years and are highly relevant to a vintage airshow theme, when you think about it.


E.g. this one:

ImageMustangs_low_level_v2 by John Dixon, on Flickr
FarnboroJohn

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby UKAirshowTour on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 9:20 pm

I’m well aware they’ve attended before I’ve not missed many legends in my time. Just a rest break for 10 minutes I suppose
UKAirshowTour

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Benedict Noon on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 10:34 pm

Mike wrote:They have indeed, and so have the Aerostars, modern jets, the Red Arrows, and two-seat Spitfires, contrary to a lot of the guff one reads on the web.

That still doesn't make it a family-oriented airshow though.


U16's go free? You couldn't get more family orientated.
Benedict Noon

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby FlankerPhoto on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 9:50 am

Spitfire Mk. IX "PV202" confirmed.
FlankerPhoto

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby nbaker on Fri 05 Jul 2019, 9:05 pm

Grasshopper pair confirmed and also
Hispano HA-1112-M1L Buchon C.4K-152 / 220 / ‘White 5’ (G-AWHR) :cool:
User avatar
nbaker

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby timuss on Fri 05 Jul 2019, 9:16 pm

Yeah Buchonmania :cool:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Pen Pusher on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 9:23 pm

J0343/19: Temporary restricted area activated
Q) EGTT/QRTCA/IV/BO/AW/000/080/5206N00008E006
RESTRICTED AREA (TEMPORARY) AT Duxford, CAMBRIDGESHIRE FOR A RED
ARROWS DISPLAY WI 6NM RADIUS 520532N 0000750E. AIC M049/2019 REFERS.
SEE SEPARATE J SERIES NOTAM AND AIC M061/19 FOR DETAILS OF Duxford
AIRSHOW RA(T) AT SAME LOCATION. RED ARROWS WILL REMAIN CLEAR OF
CONTROLLED AIRSPACE. FOR INFO 01223 833376. 2019-06-0273/AS1
LOWER: Surface, UPPER: 8,000 Feet AMSL
FROM: 13 Jul 2019 10:55 GMT (11:55 BST) TO: 13 Jul 2019 11:35 GMT (12:35 BST)


Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook
User avatar
Pen Pusher

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby duxfordhawk on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 10:25 pm

Pen Pusher wrote:
J0343/19: Temporary restricted area activated
Q) EGTT/QRTCA/IV/BO/AW/000/080/5206N00008E006
RESTRICTED AREA (TEMPORARY) AT Duxford, CAMBRIDGESHIRE FOR A RED
ARROWS DISPLAY WI 6NM RADIUS 520532N 0000750E. AIC M049/2019 REFERS.
SEE SEPARATE J SERIES NOTAM AND AIC M061/19 FOR DETAILS OF Duxford
AIRSHOW RA(T) AT SAME LOCATION. RED ARROWS WILL REMAIN CLEAR OF
CONTROLLED AIRSPACE. FOR INFO 01223 833376. 2019-06-0273/AS1
LOWER: Surface, UPPER: 8,000 Feet AMSL
FROM: 13 Jul 2019 10:55 GMT (11:55 BST) TO: 13 Jul 2019 11:35 GMT (12:35 BST)


Brian


I guess that will mean the flight line walk will close around 11.30 in order to clear the area before the Red Arrows display.
Martin
To see my Photos go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dxhawk/
duxfordhawk

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Pen Pusher on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 6:48 am

Flight Line walk opens early on Saturday.

The Flight Line Walk opens from 08.15 until 11.30 on (SATURDAY) and 09.00 until 12.00 pm on (SUNDAY) at a cost of £5 per person.


Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook
User avatar
Pen Pusher

PreviousNext

Return to IWM Duxford Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests