Flying Legends 2019

Switch to full style
Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
Post a reply

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Mon 08 Jul 2019, 7:34 am

That's great news, I can leave after the Reds and be home in time for lunch at 1.00. :smile:

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Mon 08 Jul 2019, 5:32 pm

Does anyone have details on when the car parks are likely to open on Sat, given the early access to the Flight Line to allow for the red arrows to display.

Thanks

Mike

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Mon 08 Jul 2019, 7:09 pm

Think the web site says 8am

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Mon 08 Jul 2019, 8:26 pm

MerlinPaul wrote:Think the web site says 8am


No doubt the actual time that car parks open is much earlier.

With 4 days to go now, it's very worrying seeing plenty of posts on their social media, but no new aircraft additions since the 5th Buchon. There are still warbirds at Duxford that I'd expect to see.

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Mon 08 Jul 2019, 9:16 pm

Still hoping for the Lysander, hun hunter, miss Helen and the nimrod and fury as they rarely fly anymore. The lineup is looking good just numbers that are not as high as normal currently

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Mon 08 Jul 2019, 9:21 pm

What happened to Berlin Express ?

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Mon 08 Jul 2019, 9:26 pm

Mike1 wrote:What happened to Berlin Express ?


Still in TFC's hangar at Duxford with a nice new shiny canopy. It underwent an engine run a couple of weeks ago along with Hun Hunter.

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 8:20 am

i am surprised there has been no hurricane added to the lineup yet

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 9:03 am

rockfordstone wrote:i am surprised there has been no hurricane added to the lineup yet

Organisers said a few weeks ago none were expected

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 10:09 am

Quite! If you can't get 7 then why bother at all? :facepalm:

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:03 am

No Hurricane, no Gladiator, no Fury, no Lysander, only two Mustangs... a very disappointing flight line... :wall:

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:25 am

The latest participating aircraft added to the Flying Legends Airshow lineup 2019.
Supermarine Spitfire MkI (G-CGUK)


Brian

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:40 am

Flying Legends have confirmed that the Silver Spitfire will NOT be appearing this weekend because they are busy preparing for their round the world flight.

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:49 am

That's a shame. I wonder if that was the Spitfire that was meant to be making its Legends debut.

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:50 am

yannyfoxx wrote:Flying Legends have confirmed that the Silver Spitfire will NOT be appearing this weekend because they are busy preparing for their round the world flight.

Good.

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:54 am

st24 wrote:
yannyfoxx wrote:Flying Legends have confirmed that the Silver Spitfire will NOT be appearing this weekend because they are busy preparing for their round the world flight.

Good.

:grin:

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:44 am

st24 wrote:
yannyfoxx wrote:Flying Legends have confirmed that the Silver Spitfire will NOT be appearing this weekend because they are busy preparing for their round the world flight.

Good.


Each to their own, but interested to know why you wouldn't be interested in seeing a Spitfire with such an extensive combat record display at Legends.

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Wed 10 Jul 2019, 8:30 am

st24 wrote:
yannyfoxx wrote:Flying Legends have confirmed that the Silver Spitfire will NOT be appearing this weekend because they are busy preparing for their round the world flight.

Good.

must admit, i'm not a fan of silver on a spitfire, but at the end of the day a spitfire is a spitfire

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:12 am

Westland Lysander Mk.III V9312 (G-CCOM) added

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:17 am

The organisers have said that the Lysander will be the last addition.

That means no Berlin Express or Hun Hunter then. :sad:

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:43 am

Disappointed would be an understatement.

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:46 am

Jakub.Zurek wrote:Disappointed would be an understatement.


Ditto
Andy :sad:

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Wed 10 Jul 2019, 9:55 am

Blackbird wrote:
Jakub.Zurek wrote:Disappointed would be an understatement.


Ditto
Andy :sad:


Quite. It's going to be a very lean year (particularly considering what's likely to be still left in the hangers?) :sad: Of course there's always that potential for an unannounced arrival I suppose....but I doubt it at this late stage..... :dunno:

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Wed 10 Jul 2019, 10:29 am

yannyfoxx wrote:
st24 wrote:
yannyfoxx wrote:Flying Legends have confirmed that the Silver Spitfire will NOT be appearing this weekend because they are busy preparing for their round the world flight.

Good.


Each to their own, but interested to know why you wouldn't be interested in seeing a Spitfire with such an extensive combat record display at Legends.

Because its Silver and being used for a fairly pointless trip to satisfy some fairly huge egos as far as I can see. I did follow them on twitter but had to stop as every post was an advert for some overpriced watch or other merch or an excuse to get a celeb or "dolly bird" to pose with it...
As you say, each to their own but not what a wartime, combat tested Spit should be subject to IMO...

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Wed 10 Jul 2019, 10:37 am

With the statement that the Lysander is the last addition of this edition, the Flying Legends 2019 lineup looks like this:

Aces High US Inc.
- Douglas C-47 Dakota (N147DC)

Aero Legends
- Douglas C-47 Dakota “Drag em Oot” (N473DC)

Aero Super Batics
- Boeing Super Stearman Model 75 “5” (G-IIYI)
- Boeing Super Stearman Model 75 “2” (N74189?)

Air Leasing Ltd
- Hispano Aviación HA-1112-M4L Buchon “Yellow 7” (G-AWHM)
- Hispano Aviación HA-1112-M4L Buchon “White 9” (G-AWHH)
- Hispano Aviación HA-1112-M4L Buchon “Red 11” (G-AWHC)
- Hispano Aviación HA-1112-M1L Buchon “White 5” (G-AWHR)
- Supermarine Spitfire IV (G-LFIX)

Aircraft Restoration Company
- Bristol Blenheim Mk.I (G-BPIV)
- Hispano Aviación HA-1112-M4L Buchon “Yellow 10” (G-AWHK)
- Supermarine Spitfire PRXI PL983 (G-PRXI)
- Supermarine Spitfire Tr.9 (G-CCCA)
- Supermarine Spitfire Tr.9 (G-CTIX)
- Westland Lysander Mk.III V9312 (G-CCOM)

Anglia Aircraft Restorations Ltd
- Hawker Sea Fury Mk.II (G-CBEL)
- North American TF-51D Mustang “Contrary Mary” (G-TFSI)
- Supermarine Spitfire FR XIV (G-SPIT)
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vc (G-IBSY)

B-17 Preservation Ltd
- Boeing B-17G Flying Fortess “Sally B” (G-BEDF)

Classic Formation
- Beech 18 (N21FS)
- Beech 18 (N223CM)
- Beech 18 (N184KP)
- Douglas DC-3 “Swissair” (N431HM)

Comanche Fighters LLC
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vc (G-LFVC)

Comanche Warbirds Ltd
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I (G-CGUK)

Fighter Aviation Engineering LTD
- Republic P-47D Thunderbolt "Nellie" (G-THUN)

Historic Aircraft Collection Ltd.
- Supermarine Spitfire Vb BM597 (G-MKVB)
- De Havilland DH-9 E-8894 (G-CDLI)

Historic Flight Foundation
- Douglas DC-3 Dakota “Pan Am” (N877MG)

Imperial War Museums
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Ia (G-CFGJ)

Norwegian Spitfire Foundation
- Hawker Sea Fury T.20 WG655 (G-INVN)
- North American P-51D Mustang “The Shark” (G-SHWN)

Plane Sailing Air Displays Limited | Catalina Aircraft Limited
- Consolidated PBY Catalina (G-PBYA)

Private
- Piper Aircraft Corporation L-4 Grasshopper (G-BECN)
- Piper Aircraft Corporation L-4 Grasshopper (G-BMKC)

Royal Air Force
- Red Arrows

Spitfire Ltd
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVI (G-OXVI)
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVIII (G-BUOS)

Spitfire The One Ltd.
- Supermarine Spitfire MkIa (G-AIST)

The Fighter Collection
- Curtiss-Wright P-36C (G-CIXK)
- Curtiss-Wright Hawk 75 (G-CCVH)
- Curtiss-Wight P.40C (G-CIIO)
- Curtiss-Wright Warhawk P-40F (G-CGZP)
- Grumman Wildcat FM-2 (G-RUMW)
- Grumman Bearcat F8F (G-RUMM)
- Goodyear Corsair FG-1D (G-FGID)
- Supermarine Spitfire LFVb EP120 (G-LFVB)

The Old Flying Machine Company
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk IXb (G-ASJV)
Post a reply