Best way to get to Duxford Museum by train from London?

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
3enrique

Best way to get to Duxford Museum by train from London?

Post by 3enrique »

I'm planning on going to May's Festival and the Daks event. I live in Southampton and don't drive so my plan is to get to London by bus early in the morning and then arrive to the museum by train. What is the best way to get from London to the museum by train?

UKAirshowTour

Re: Best way to get to Duxford Museum by train from London?

Post by UKAirshowTour »

There’s a shuttle bus from Cambridge. I’m assuming the trains from London to Cambridge is easy?

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Liverpool Street-Whittlesford Parkway and walk (beats any traffic)

Or Kings X - Camridge -Shuttle bus (if its a showday) :smile:

3enrique

Post by 3enrique »

Thank you very much. I've been having a look at the shuttle bus service but there isn't much information, just that it's included with a Greater Anglia Train +Festival tickets which costs more than buying both things separately by my self. Is it possible to use it even if I don't buy this pack? Also, are there any timetables and stop locations?

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

3enrique wrote:Thank you very much. I've been having a look at the shuttle bus service but there isn't much information, just that it's included with a Greater Anglia Train +Festival tickets which costs more than buying both things separately by my self. Is it possible to use it even if I don't buy this pack? Also, are there any timetables and stop locations?

The shuttle bus is available for anyone who has a valid airshow ticket from Cambridge station. I thought it was restricted to Great Anglia trains too.

Not been before, but family have. The bus is apparently easy to find as you come out of the train station and there is usually a Duxford employee pointing the way.

3enrique

Post by 3enrique »

Thank you very much, you've been of great help! Now I just need to decide whether to go on Saturday or Sunday.