Awful "Marketing" videos on Social Media

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
boff180
UKAR Staff

Awful "Marketing" videos on Social Media

Post by boff180 »

Is it just me but are these new marketing videos Duxford are using to plug their airshows utter pap?

A location with such a reputation doesn't deserve such cheesy rubbish. They can't even pronounce Rafale properly in the second one!

Examples below...

[tweet]http://twitter.com/IWMDuxford/status/1129701966509223938[/tweet]

[tweet]http://twitter.com/IWMDuxford/status/1131121296845213696[/tweet]

[tweet]http://twitter.com/IWMDuxford/status/1131125181664169986[/tweet]

[tweet]http://twitter.com/IWMDuxford/status/1131946090939465729[/tweet]

Airshowhammer

Re: Awful "Marketing" videos on Social Media

Post by Airshowhammer »

I agree Boff,

What has happened to the show I know and love? :sad:

It appears it has been taken over by people that are so detached from the airshow community. Their emails and actions show this 'Come to Duxford to see if you can beatbox louder than a Typhoon!' I mean for gods sake. The shows line ups speak for themselves also. Duxford used to have a very old fashioned 'what you see is what you get' approach and had themes for their shows and you were always guaranteed something interesting and different. Oh and its a complete rip off for what's on offer. Just feels like one massive corporate cash generator now :sick:

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

They should always try to attract people that would otherwise not go to airshows but this feels a little too try hard. Way too try hard.

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

The presenters in the last video remind me quite a lot of Farnborough...

Costar1198

Post by Costar1198 »

Never really paid attention to the videos however I did decide to watch the last one for whatever reason, and for some reason the "airshow like no other" quote did make me chuckle, oh and then listing everything you'd see at almost any airshow... Felt wierd to hear IWMs website at the end too, even though I have only been to one duxford show.
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but it does sound very overdone... not something that would entice me to go atleast, and it might just be one of the first duxford shows I'm not sad about missing, hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come...

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

'Unlike any other in the world'.

Really?! Its like watching something off of CBBC :roll:

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk »

The last one was particularly appalling. What make it even funnier is that it is, like others have noted, patently untrue.

Ryan. wrote:They should always try to attract people that would otherwise not go to airshows but this feels a little too try hard. Way too try hard.

Based on the response to the 'new' parking procedure at the Western end, they might need a new audience never mind trying to get more people to attend. I used to defend IWM Duxford but to be honest they don't help themselves, the overall product is getting less and less attractive and now the quality of the aviation content also seems to be less important to the organisers.

Hope DanO sees this all soon, we need his views.

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Jakub.Zurek wrote:The presenters in the last video remind me quite a lot of Farnborough...

Exactly my first thoughts when i watched it, my second thoughts were this is a load of s**t !