New Hotel @ IWM Duxford

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
Pen Pusher

Re: New Hotel @ IWM Duxford

Post by Pen Pusher »

So the council didn't let an objector speak at the planning meeting and then couldn't get Zoom to work. Reputation for being a bunch of wallies still stands.
Permission to build a new hotel at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford has been withdrawn following an administrative error.

South Cambridgeshire District Council said on June 26 that a 168-bedroom Hampton by Hilton hotel had been “cleared for take off” and granted planning permission.

But the planning committee’s decision will not stand because a resident who had notified the council of their desire to speak at the meeting was not offered the chance to do so.

The council then planned to decide the application again on Wednesday (August 12), but the virtual meeting was cancelled due to “technical issues”.

According to the minutes of the June meeting, seven councillors voted to approve the application, with councillors Deborah Roberts and Heather Williams voting against.
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/l ... n-18759600
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

sounds like a bit of a farce to me

GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

rockfordstone wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020, 8:02 am
Farce & inept are two of the most apt words to describe the running of most councils that I've had to deal with in the last 40 years working in the construction industry.

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

GeeRam wrote:
Fri 28 Aug 2020, 12:46 pm
rockfordstone wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020, 8:02 am
Farce & inept are two of the most apt words to describe the running of most councils that I've had to deal with in the last 40 years working in the construction industry.
agreed. i'm in architecture and they are a shambles a lot of the time