IWM Flying Festival

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
MiG_Eater

Re: IWM Flying Festival

Post by MiG_Eater »

Considering the high quality of 2017 and 2018 'flying festival' I think 2019 was a bit of a blip. I've no doubt whatsoever they tried to attract some foreign fast jets last year - but it probably just didn't come off.

I am just hoping against hope there's no restrictions on big events and that this goes ahead. It'll be the best Duxford show in quite a while!

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

FlankerPhoto wrote:Belgian F-16 self confirmed.

https://www.facebook.com/vador.pictures ... II&fref=nf

Imperial War Museum Duxford
17 hrs ·
We are excited to announce that the Belgian Air Force, F-16 Solo Display ‘Dark Falcon’ will open Duxford Air Festival.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Hope this doesn't get binned :sad:

Mike

Post by Mike »

Airshowhammer wrote:Hope this doesn't get binned :sad:

Do you believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy too?

Everything is being binned. EVERYTHING. For the foreseeable future (months, not weeks). If we're lucky, things might start happening again in time for a few events at the back end of the season, but I would class that as extremely unlikely the way things are looking. This is affecting everything, and for the long-haul, not just a week or two.

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

Anyone still worrying about airshow cancellations need to take a long hard look in the mirror

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Goodness sake you sound like the hysteria the media wash up. I wasn't worrying about it, just merely pointing out the fact that it'd be a shame as Duxford looks to have pulled out the stops.

Enough of the shooting people down. If does its completely understandable given the reasons :smile:

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/iwm.duxford/posts/3091498287540976:0[/fb-post]

Brian

DfG on Facebook

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

Airshowhammer wrote:Goodness sake you sound like the hysteria the media wash up. I wasn't worrying about it, just merely pointing out the fact that it'd be a shame as Duxford looks to have pulled out the stops.

Enough of the shooting people down. If does its completely understandable given the reasons :smile:

Not what you said though is it. You said hope it doesn't get binned, like you were not sure. Sure, it's media hype isn't it.... :dizzy:

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

UKTopgun wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:Goodness sake you sound like the hysteria the media wash up. I wasn't worrying about it, just merely pointing out the fact that it'd be a shame as Duxford looks to have pulled out the stops.

Not what you said though is it. You said hope it doesn't get binned, like you were not sure. Sure, it's media hype isn't it.... :dizzy:

I agree, I didn't word it correctly. So can see why it has come across differently. I'm not going to go into it, theres another thread for it.

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

Fair play, it's fine. Let's all unite and look forward to the shows 2021 will bring :smile:

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

Cancelled! Real shame as IWM had a very good line up
In line with the latest advice issued by the Government and Public Health England, the Duxford Air Festival has been cancelled. If you have booked tickets to the Duxford Air Festival, you will be able to transfer your booking to an alternative IWM air show, choose to donate the cost of your ticket to IWM or request a refund.
Thomas

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Sad but understandable. I wonder if the re-booking of another show will apply to shows in 2021 or just this year.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

I know a lot of us were looking at losing out on money over our hotels , so hopefully this is alright to post. Premier Inn are offering full refunds on stays before 31st May.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/covid- ... 18_DM67419

Lightningkid70

Post by Lightningkid70 »

jasonT1981 wrote:I know a lot of us were looking at losing out on money over our hotels , so hopefully this is alright to post. Premier Inn are offering full refunds on stays before 31st May.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/covid- ... 18_DM67419

Booked with Premier in Reading for RIAT this year on the lower rate, that they normally charge if you want to cancel.
Cancelled it last Friday morning & was sent a full refund for a four night stay. They didn't even ask why or quibble over it.

austinp

Post by austinp »

Hi all.

I followed the previously supplied link to transfer my tickets to the September Airshow.

However, I've just had an e-mail from IWM stating a refund will be given. Has anyone had a similar message, or confirmation of transfered tickets?

Cheers.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Got the e-mail requested refund as I highly doubt the September show will go ahead.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Can we change to next May's show?

austinp

Post by austinp »

Hi all.

I had clarification from IWM. They are issuing a refund for the Festival of Flight, I think they haven’t the skills or tech in place to transfer to another event. The FAQ on the website is going to be changed.

They suggest purchasing tickets for the September show separately. I’m in two minds about doing this, but the trouble is we transferred our hotel accommodation for the September show and paid the difference :-s

It would just be better for the decision to cancel completely to be made.

Hope this is of help.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

If Sanicole has been cancelled I cant see the September show going ahead

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Last Sunday, Chief Medical Officer said that restrictions, not necessarily lock down, but restrictions could be in place for at least 6 months. That takes it into October.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Got my refund being processed email today. I had asked to roll over to May 2021 (As I am doing September) but they would only allow roll over to a show this year.

Fair enough, they are working their asses off in hard times to get people sorted and their hard work is appreciated. I'll be back at Duxford next May anyway (And hopefully this September)

austinp

Post by austinp »

My refund has now appeared on my card.

I’m not sure what to do now, as I’ve changed our accommodation for the September show, and paid a bit more for it :-s I did this as I’d originally requested transferring tickets to the BoB show.

Thinking about it, I really can’t see any show happening this year.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Got my refund during the week. Staff have done a great job in difficult times. I would have preferred to transfer my ticket to next years May show but that wasn't allowed.

Professor_M

Post by Professor_M »

Elliott Marsh wrote:
Fri 21 Feb 2020, 5:30 pm
Very tidy! The Czechs are a great catch. Now let's get the Hind and Hip for September. :whistle:
Perhaps you can now have your wish - two years late, though!