Duxford Airshows 2021

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
8674planes

Duxford Airshows 2021

Post by 8674planes »

https://www.iwm.org.uk/airshows

Airshows

2021 will see two Air Shows take place at IWM Duxford over weekends in July and September. These will include entertaining ground content and of course, our signature air displays. Our focus will be on the safety of visitors, staff and volunteers, adapting and responding to the changing environment as required.

Saturday 24 July: Duxford Air Festival
Sunday 25 July: Duxford Air Festival
Saturday 18 September: Duxford Battle of Britain Air Show
Sunday 19 September: Duxford Battle of Britain Air Show

Flying Days

2021 will see the introduction of ten Flying Days which will run on various dates from April to October. From D-Day to commemorating the valiant efforts of RAF Duxford’s Squadron 19, each of these Flying Days will be themed and will allow visitors the chance to explore our museum and pop up displays and experiences, before enjoying hours of flying action in the skies.

Saturday 24 April
Saturday 8 May
Saturday 22 May
Sunday 6 June
Sunday 20 June
Saturday 3 July
Wednesday 4 August
Wednesday 11 August
Thursday 19 August
Saturday 9 October
"radial engines don't drip oil, they mark their territory"

Pen Pusher

Re: Duxford Airshows 2021

Post by Pen Pusher »

September BoB is a 3 day show. Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY on Facebook
DUXFORDfotoGALLERY on Instagram

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Pen Pusher wrote:
Thu 26 Nov 2020, 8:23 pm
September BoB is a 3 day show. Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
Website is only listing the Saturday & Sunday. No mention anywhere about Friday.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

The original list had 3 days for September.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

General Duxford info.
Reopens on Thursday 3rd December as a 5 day a week operation - Wednesday to Sunday inclusive.

(Penpusher - what on earth will you find to do on Monday and Tuesdays?)
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

BobL

Post by BobL »

What will volunteers restricted to Monday or Tuesday now do?....
Underneath my gruff exterior is an even gruffer interior...

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

iainpeden wrote:
Fri 27 Nov 2020, 1:46 pm
(Penpusher - what on earth will you find to do on Monday and Tuesdays?)
Despite popular belief, I don't spend every day at Duxford although getting my bus pass this week, It'll be cheaper getting there now. :wink:

I'll just have to use those two days productively drawing instead of photographing aeroplanes at Duxford. https://www.facebook.com/bamavart :grin:

BobL

Post by BobL »

Very impressive drawing skills Brian!
Underneath my gruff exterior is an even gruffer interior...

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

I'll be at the September show, with Duxford Air Festival being the weekend after RIAT in July I don't think I could make 2 journeys to England from NI on successive weekends

elterwater

Post by elterwater »

Based on yesterday's proposed plan, it doesn't sound like the April and early May flying days can go ahead as both museums and outdoor performance events can't happen until at least May 17th?

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Further update from Executive Director of Duxford Airshows, John Brown

A message from John Brown, Executive Director, Duxford Air Shows

Behind the scenes at IWM Duxford, we’ve been working hard with partners across the aviation community to plan for a fantastic season of flying events in 2021. In light of the recent government announcement, we hope our hard work will mean you can safely join us for our two summer Air Shows and series of Flying Days, formerly known as Showcase Days.

We know the last 12 months have been hard for everyone and remain positive that we can entertain and delight audiences with the signature air displays we have become known for. We already have some incredible acts confirmed and we are in contact with the relevant governing bodies to ensure your health and safety remains our priority. Of course, we have had to make some changes to ensure our events can physically go ahead, including limiting ticket numbers in line with government guidance, and are almost ready to confirm everything we’ve been working so hard for to you enjoy.
https://www.iwm.org.uk/airshows/duxford ... in-airshow
https://www.iwm.org.uk/airshows/duxford-air-festival

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

See IWM Duxford is opening for "Outdoor" visits only from 12th April. Considering none of the IWM aircraft are outside I hope DAS are receiving some, if not all, this income.
Reading that IWM are offing this at a discount price of only £15 !!! Whilst looking I see the standard admission is £25, when was the price increased ? Children are charges at £12.50, that means the average family of Two+Two are into £75 before they even leave the house. Surely prices like this are not a competitive option for a day out and IWM are going to risk out pricing their attraction.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

DOUGHNUT wrote:
Mon 22 Mar 2021, 1:10 pm
Considering none of the IWM aircraft are outside I hope DAS are receiving some, if not all, this income.
DAS are not part of or belong to IWM.

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

DOUGHNUT wrote:
See IWM Duxford is opening for "Outdoor" visits only from 12th April. Considering none of the IWM aircraft are outside I hope DAS are receiving some, if not all, this income.
Reading that IWM are offing this at a discount price of only £15 !!! Whilst looking I see the standard admission is £25, when was the price increased ? Children are charges at £12.50, that means the average family of Two+Two are into £75 before they even leave the house. Surely prices like this are not a competitive option for a day out and IWM are going to risk out pricing their attraction.
it did seem steep for me. 15 quid to walk up past the airliners and back? i will probably go and use my membership cos its free, but i wouldn't pay

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Pen Pusher wrote:
Mon 22 Mar 2021, 1:26 pm
DOUGHNUT wrote:
Considering none of the IWM aircraft are outside I hope DAS are receiving some, if not all, this income.
DAS are not part of or belong to IWM.
Fully aware of that PP, that why is struck me a bit of cheek for IWM to be charging the Joe Public to look at somebody else's aircraft !!

Saracens

Post by Saracens »

Stopped going to Duxford shows when they started charging for car parking

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Saracens wrote:
Tue 23 Mar 2021, 6:48 pm
Stopped going to Duxford shows when they started charging for car parking
Why not just use the free shuttle bus?

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

Despite the most recent update earlier in March from Duxford (shown in previous posts) about the Flying Days and air shows, the first two Flying Days on 24-04-2021 and 08-05-2021 have at least for the last two weeks been shown as canceled on the UK Flightline airshows calendar.

There has been no confirmation from Duxford and no specific Flying Day tickets put on sale yet. However, you will be able to get the general admission tickets to go in to the airfield from 12-04-2021 onwards including 24-04-2021.

So basically, if you turn up with a general admission ticket on 24-04-2021 'to see whatever is outside' the closed hangars, are you still going to see any flying as well ?

Martin Eames

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

SEMAE wrote:
Thu 25 Mar 2021, 1:22 pm
So basically, if you turn up with a general admission ticket on 24-04-2021 'to see whatever is outside' the closed hangars, are you still going to see any flying as well ?
With tickets available for General Admission on the 24th, I doubt very much it will be a 'Flying Day' event.

From the FAQ's for outside opening.
Will there be aircraft flying during my visit?
As with any visit to Duxford, visitors may get lucky and spot a variety of aircraft take to the skies across the historic airfield. On the day of your visit, please ask one of our staff or volunteers who will be able to inform you of any planned flying activity taking place on the day.

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

Pen Pusher wrote:
Thu 25 Mar 2021, 3:18 pm
SEMAE wrote:
Thu 25 Mar 2021, 1:22 pm
With tickets available for General Admission on the 24th, I doubt very much it will be a 'Flying Day' event.

From the FAQ's for outside opening.
Will there be aircraft flying during my visit?
As with any visit to Duxford, visitors may get lucky and spot a variety of aircraft take to the skies across the historic airfield. On the day of your visit, please ask one of our staff or volunteers who will be able to inform you of any planned flying activity taking place on the day.
Thanks Pen Pusher. I have got a General Admission Ticket for Saturday 24-04-2021 anyway so it will be a case of pot luck although I may get another ticket for a day between a Monday and Friday, again much down to luck if any flying takes place.

Martin Eames

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Saturday 24 April & Saturday 8 May are cancelled as flying days. 22nd May is the earliest now
Behind the scenes our Duxford Air Shows team have been working hard to create a series of great themed aerial display events throughout the year. We'll bring you the best sky high choreography, storytelling and conservation success stories from our partners at IWM Duxford, all wrapped into thrilling flying displays.

Welcome to IWM Duxford's Flying Days!
To ensure we can deliver the safest and most enjoyable events possible, our first Flying Day will now be on Saturday 22 May.

Tickets will be on sale for this event next week and we will post details of further events to our social media channels in due course.. Make sure to also look out for our Duxford Air Shows tickets which are coming soon....

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Saturday 24 April & Saturday 8 May are cancelled as flying days. 22nd May is the earliest now
Behind the scenes our Duxford Air Shows team have been working hard to create a series of great themed aerial display events throughout the year. We'll bring you the best sky high choreography, storytelling and conservation success stories from our partners at IWM Duxford, all wrapped into thrilling flying displays.

Welcome to IWM Duxford's Flying Days!
To ensure we can deliver the safest and most enjoyable events possible, our first Flying Day will now be on Saturday 22 May.

Tickets will be on sale for this event next week and we will post details of further events to our social media channels in due course.. Make sure to also look out for our Duxford Air Shows tickets which are coming soon....

Aquarious

Post by Aquarious »

Tickets for the 22nd May Flying Day are now available. Would anyone happen to know if there is likely to be a limit on numbers?

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Aquarious wrote:
Fri 09 Apr 2021, 2:11 pm
Tickets for the 22nd May Flying Day are now available. Would anyone happen to know if there is likely to be a limit on numbers?
Last year it was 2,000 and the date is still blocked on the web site.